Options

CAKE RSD Box Set On Sale Now...

Comments

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Tempting... but I've been spending a lot of $$$ lately...

Geez I was right there when it was available... you'd think all the PJ sales would have trained me-- Don't think about it, just BUY. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    oops...

Really had no idea this wasn't supposed to be shared. I'm not going to say how I received the link because I don't want to throw anyone under the bus but I can assure you the method in which I did receive it was as innocent as my intention to share it.

Having said all that, I'm glad I could help a bunch of people who were looking for it. Fingers crossed everyone's orders get processed.

p.s. I still haven't received an email from CAKE regarding this sale. fwiw
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

oops...

Really had no idea this wasn't supposed to be shared. I'm not going to say how I received the link because I don't want to throw anyone under the bus but I can assure you the method in which I did receive it was as innocent as my intention to share it.

Having said all that, I'm glad I could help a bunch of people who were looking for it. Fingers crossed everyone's orders get processed.

p.s. I still haven't received an email from CAKE regarding this sale. fwiw

I don't think anyone has an email yet. Just order numbers and cards charged so far. Got in pretty early thanks to you kind sir. Hoping just like you it gets sent.
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    I have no idea what a cake vinyl is but it sounds good to taste.
    All I know is DMW is a freaking rock star and I'm happy he helped out you crazy vinyl junkies!
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    I know one Cake song. I had no idea so many people would go nuts over an 8 lp set of theirs. Where the hell have I been?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    no email.

in the email announcing the sale, they mentioned to not email them, once you get an order # your cool.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Thanks again DMW, I wouldn't have gotten this set without you posting this this morning. I got the email from the Cake website while I was out at a meeting, came back to my desk and now see the set is sold out, would have missed it.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I agree on the thanks DMW.

I wouldnt feel bad. I think they got in a lot of good hands here. I know I plan on breaking this open and spinning
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539

I know one Cake song. I had no idea so many people would go nuts over an 8 lp set of theirs. Where the hell have I been?

The Distance?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    MayDay10 said:

I agree on the thanks DMW.

I wouldnt feel bad. I think they got in a lot of good hands here. I know I plan on breaking this open and spinning

yep, and considering Fashion Nugget original on ebay has been in the $200 range, definitely getting value here for fans of Cake
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,976
    In the email link it shows some colored wax in it. Does anyone know if that is what it looks like?

I am very excited about getting this. Thank you DMW and adusick for the link.
  • Options
    If you people don't at least own Fashion Nugget, and probably also Prolonging the Magic, you GOTTA listen to those albums! The color of the vinyl in that set is pretty badass. I can see why this is in high demand, although the band really doesn't seem that popular where people must have every single album. But you gotta check those out. Hell email me and I'll email you the Mp3s of them if you want! Great songs.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    Prolonging The Magic and Showroom Of Compassion are my two favorites as far as front-to-back listening goes. Pressure Chief and Fashion Nugget have some absolutely killer tunes, too.

JUST received the Cake email now. :-/
  • Options
    How can you NOT love Short Skirt Long Jacket?! You people don't know Cake, I just feel sorry for you. ;) Their live shows are about half as long as Pearl Jam... but every album has at least a couple great songs, and some are great front to back.

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Thank you to the OP. Was sitting in a meeting bored looking at crap over my phone when I saw this thread and ran out of the room to order a copy. I don't think my colleagues were very happy with me but I sure as hell am.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Another thanks to the badass known as dead man. I had a PM going with some other peeps in 10c about this sale and it figures that none of us were having any luck until I stumbled on this thread. Seems we all got what we wanted. Great day! Another random 10c-like pop up shop sale that somehow we had the inside scoop to!! You're the man dmw.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    Thanks DMW!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Probably not, but...

• Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2014

Probably not, but...

Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options

Probably not, but...

How cool would that be! oh wait, then they aren't colored then?
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231

Probably not, but...
    Maybe refers to this?
    As an added "secret bonus," the band has autographed 40 mastering test pressing discs [five of each title] and randomly inserted those master lacquers into 50 boxes of the limited edition manufacturing run.

Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    GustieIII said:

Probably not, but...
    Maybe refers to this?
    As an added "secret bonus," the band has autographed 40 mastering test pressing discs [five of each title] and randomly inserted those master lacquers into 50 boxes of the limited edition manufacturing run.

Now that would be cool.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    That would be cool.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    And it has the added bonus of making people open them to see if they have an autographed copy.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    cdysinge said:

And it has the added bonus of making people open them to see if they have an autographed copy.

Autographed copy??

I got an autographed copy of their 7" set for Showroom of Compassion.

Opened it anyway...
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    I'll be opening my set anyway so that's an added bonus if I get that.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Anyone get the confirmation email in their junk folder?
    On my iPhone I can't see my junk box and still have not received my email confirmation from cake. I did print my order # reciept from work tho.
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871

On my iPhone I can't see my junk box and still have not received my email confirmation from cake. I did print my order # reciept from work tho.

I emailed them because I didn't get an email either and they said I was good to go so I'm sure you're fine.
  • Options

I actually didn't get a.confirmation email but I just checked and my order status has changed to shipped! Woot woot!
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Awesome, thanks guys