Options

CAKE RSD Box Set On Sale Now...

Comments

• Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Hurry up and get rid of the coke ten before it drops to $50 or so.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141

Still willing to trade my coke bottle ten for one of these.....

Good luck, prob gonna have to do better than that!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Looks like I have to request a refund. The company says it went to usps. They say they don't have it and never received it. X(
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,431
    For how much shipping cost, it sure taking forever.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    scurtis said:

Weird, mine arrived within 3 days of shipping notice
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 said:

scurtis said:

Weird, mine arrived within 3 days of shipping notice
    I know for sure they shipped the Canadian orders later than the US ones, but I expected it to be like a 3 business day shipping arrangement with how much it was.
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    Same here Steve.
    Still nothing
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    edited May 2014
    FOR SALE $99+$7 media mail in US.
    I have an opened Cake vinyl boxset, The box and covers were a little damaged in shipping but the colored 175g vinyl is all mint. I opened the box and ripped all the vinyl to my computer. Can ship as soon as payment is made via paypal. For international shipping priority with tracking will be about $40-50 but I won't charge you more than the actual cost.
    Post edited by whoyouare72 on
  • Options
    Got mine today, vinyl looks pretty sweet, but the actual box got the shit beat out of it in transit.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    edited May 2014
    So much for the super expensive shipping to make sure they all arrived in perfect shape. I loved that the insurance they said was being added ended up being the $50 free insurance.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Got mine today too Steve
    But haven't taken out of the shipping box yet
    Bit worried about that
  • Options
    It was packed like complete shit, I could hear it sliding around inside the box.

I went through the records, 4 of them are not even coloured. They're clear with little splatters of blue. It's like they were out of blue for the plates and said fuck it. Same thing with the orange, red and green.

Not terribly impressed, but they sound great, so far.
  • Options
    Hmmmm

Ill be inspecting mine after the Blackhawks game tonight

• Options
    My box was not damaged but some of the vinyl are not a solid color. Bit of splatter look.
    A couple are solid.
  • Options
    I asked them to send me a new box, an empty one. We'll see.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Geez. Sound like some real shipping horror stories.

Luckily, my old man took it upon himself to open my mail and check it out. He said it looks real nice and he knows his records so I'm staying hopeful that mine arrived I good condition. I didn't tell him about the possibility of tests presses. I'm keeping that a surprise for when I get it up here in two weeks time.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    scurtis said:

It was packed like complete shit, I could hear it sliding around inside the box.

I went through the records, 4 of them are not even coloured. They're clear with little splatters of blue. It's like they were out of blue for the plates and said fuck it. Same thing with the orange, red and green.

I was really worried too. My records were fine though.

You have something cool if they are all kind of clear. You may like that in the long run.

If they sound fine I wouldn't worry much either. This is a great set for the price!
  • Options

scurtis said:

I was really worried too. My records were fine though.

You have something cool if they are all kind of clear. You may like that in the long run.

If they sound fine I wouldn't worry much either. This is a great set for the price!
    Yeah I did think of that when I was bitching to my wife. Like my copy of Fashion Nugget is Yellow, I don't have a blue record, I have a clear with a little blue splatter.

In the end as long as they sound fine.

I do want a new box though, it wasn't a small amount of damage.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited May 2014
    "Ok, this has been figured out. It is not great news. 
    There was a small malfunction in the shipping system (affected less than 10 orders-but 1 was yours) where a shipping label showed as printed, which triggers the email you got.  However, it didnt print, and therefore was NOT ever shipped.
    As of now, you have 2 choices, we can hold your order and ship you one when the 2nd round is ready
    or
    we can refund your money.
    Plz advise.

All apologies, we are looking into the technical side of how this happened, so it doesn't reoccur."

You should all be happy yours wasn't one of the ten orders that said were shipped and actually weren't. I am still not sure how a missing shipping label makes an entire package disappear, but whatever. Please know I am saying this in jest although I am a little bitter. I imagine some jackoff from the warehouse made himself a couple hundred bucks of mine and probably a couple others.

Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015

There was a small malfunction in the shipping system (affected less than 10 orders-but 1 was yours) where a shipping label showed as printed, which triggers the email you got.  However, it didnt print, and therefore was NOT ever shipped.
    As of now, you have 2 choices, we can hold your order and ship you one when the 2nd round is ready
    or
    Plz advise.

All apologies, we are looking into the technical side of how this happened, so it doesn't reoccur."

You should all be happy yours wasn't one of the ten orders that said were shipped and actually weren't. I am still not sure how a missing shipping label makes an entire package disappear, but whatever. Please know I am saying this in jest although I am a little bitter. I imagine some jackoff from the warehouse made himself a couple hundred bucks of mine and probably a couple others.

Hopefully they honor your order and do the right thing...

• Options

or
    Plz advise.

Hopefully they honor your order and do the right thing...

Well they said they can't honor it because they have no more, they can just send me a second pressing whenever they are made. I just requested a refund and it was given. The big appeal for me was that some of these lps were first pressings. I can grab the stuff I don't have down the road when all the hype dies down. 135 bucks is a good chunk of change I can use in the meantime. I wouldn't be nearly as pissed if they didn't reassure me for a week that it had shipped and kind of treated me like a paranoid asshole when I questioned it. At the end of the day, the things you own end up owning you. A small speed bump in life.

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    got mine from the post office last

sounds fantastic
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options

or
    Plz advise.

Yeah you're right. Makes my complaints seem petty. Sorry that happened to your order, that's BS.

From the way mine was packed I could tell they were a little bush league. I ordered this boxset at Xmas from Alexisonfire, shipping was the same, but the set came in this bumper system where the set floated within these bumpers. Made it impossible for it to move. That was professionally done.

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited May 2014
    *temporarily pending
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    anyone looking for this? For cost + shipping, plus shipping? I have an extra sealed that I bought in a panic.

Would also trade for a very good/solid/complete vinyl of Yield
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,237
    MayDay10 said:

anyone looking for this? For cost + shipping, plus shipping? I have an extra sealed that I bought in a panic.

YES....

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/232589/my-ev-zippo-items-from-my-list-for-your-cake-rsd-box-set#latest

No Yield, but I'm offering lots of good stuff in trade....
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Mine arrived in perfect shape and looks and sounds awesome. Probably the best vinyl package I own.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    sorry man, none of that stuff really interests me.

MayDay10 said:

YES....

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/232589/my-ev-zippo-items-from-my-list-for-your-cake-rsd-box-set#latest

No Yield, but I'm offering lots of good stuff in trade....
    No thank you. None of that stuff really interests me (other than what I already own). Good luck though
  • Options
    PJ51390PJ51390 Atlanta Posts: 728
    May Day10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks got the box set today from UPS!!! Looks to be in perfect shape, I can't wait to spin, spin!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    enjoy!