Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Austin City Limits

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

ComeToTX said:

Just got this in my Tulsa confirmation:

- A special surprise is currently under way to accommodate fans coming out to the Austin Festival dates. For more info, be sure to check the Tour Merch link above over the coming days.

Where's this "Tour Merch" link they speak of?!
    It's under 10 Club > Events
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    edited September 2014

ComeToTX said:

- A special surprise is currently under way to accommodate fans coming out to the Austin Festival dates. For more info, be sure to check the Tour Merch link above over the coming days.

Click on events at the home page.

http://pearljam.com/tenclub/events
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

ComeToTX said:

Click on events at the home page.

http://pearljam.com/tenclub/events
    Right on, thanks ya'll. Still curious what kind of special surprise it will be.... Ames bros tent where they sign the posters like 2009?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    For anyone who made a hotel reservation with C3 through the festival site, you may want to call your hotel to confirm your reservation. I received a reservation confirmation in August with a confirmation number, and thought I was all set. I called tonight to confirm, apparently it was cancelled! I never received a cancellation notice or anything. Grrrrr...
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    Suziemay said:

For anyone who made a hotel reservation with C3 through the festival site, you may want to call your hotel to confirm your reservation. I received a reservation confirmation in August with a confirmation number, and thought I was all set. I called tonight to confirm, apparently it was cancelled! I never received a cancellation notice or anything. Grrrrr...

this has been one of my biggest pet peeves with C3 in recent years... partnering with all the hotels to fix the rates (i.e. make sure no one gets a good price on a hotel room), and running a shitty site for bookings that doesn't really work...

that's why I went with a house rental this year for weekend two...

What's everyone doing for sunday anyway? I'm planning on driving up from Houston sunday morning and driving back that night after the show...

if there's anyone out there thinking about something similar and wants to car pool.... ?
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    If anyone going to ACL can pick up some stickers for either/both weekends please let me know. Have lots to trade or can buy. Trying to go to the second weekend but can't get in until Saturday night so nervous they might be sold out already.

Have tons to trade from 2013 tour, can pay for them, or can pick up from a 2014 show I'm going to (St Louis, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver). Thanks!! :)
  • Options
    LoveBoatJoshLoveBoatJosh The 405 Posts: 20
    See everyone in Austin this weekend and Tulsa next week. I love the ACL lineup and what a way to end weekend 1 with PJ! It's going to be an epic vacation!
    4/3/03 Oklahoma City, OK
    5/3/10 Kansas City,.MO
    9/3/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    9/4/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley
    11/18/12 (EV) Tulsa, OK
    11/19/12 (EV) Tulsa, OK
    7/19/13 Chicago Wrigley Field
    11/16/13 Oklahoma City, OK
    10/5/14 Austin City Limits
    10/8/14 Tulsa, OK
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    shep said:

What's everyone doing for sunday anyway? I'm planning on driving up from Houston sunday morning and driving back that night after the show...

if there's anyone out there thinking about something similar and wants to car pool.... ?

A show.. where I can drive from my house to the show, and back home! Great feeling. And so I added this Sunday on top of weekend 2.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    ACL Pop-Up at Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop
    September 30 2014

What:

- Merch Trailer selling Full Pearl Jam Fall 2014 Product Line outside festival grounds.

When:

- Thursday October 2: 2pm-7pm.
    - Monday October 6: 11am- until ?
    - Thursday October 9: 2pm-7pm.
    - Monday October 13: 11am- until ?

Where:

Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop (parking lot)
    400 Nueces St.
    Austin, TX 78701

Map

Details:

- Full product line including a limited range of ACL event merch.
    - Event merch limited to two shirt, two posters and two buttons for each weekend.
    - There will be a reserve of merch held back for the Festival Grounds.
    - Shop early and avoid carrying your stuff around the Festival.
    - Mellow Johnny's is located close to most downtown hotels.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Am I just kidding myself there will be PJ merchandise on Sunday? Does certain things sell out? What are others past experiences? I guess I could try for the Monday pop-up shop...Thursday is out as I am traveling to Austin on Friday.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    Very cool for the pop-up shop.

Hopefully we will be informed if there is any leftover merchandise on the Monday after the show (or at least show specific merchandise).

The locals are going to clean up at this since most out of town fans aren't coming in until Friday.
  • Options
    Other than Wrigley I think they do a pretty good job of estimating what they need. I do wish members got first dibs.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I guess I will start checking ebay on Thursday to get a ballpark idea of how much I won't be paying if I don't get the few things I would like. Ha.
    I like the first weekend poster but not the second one. I will wait until the second weekend poster shows up on here. Oh well it's the music first and the merchandise second.
    Post edited by moses562 on
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,537
    I cannot believe my luck!! I land just outside of Austin on Thursday at 12:30, and have just enough time to get there for 2pm. I'm only in the park on Sunday, so this is a huge benefit!!

Hope everyone else has this type of luck/good timing.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options

shep said:

A show.. where I can drive from my house to the show, and back home! Great feeling. And so I added this Sunday on top of weekend 2.
    lol... funny amber... does a 3 hour drive count as sleeping in my own bed? :p
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    moses562 said:

I guess I will start checking ebay on Thursday to get a ballpark idea of how much I won't be paying if I don't get the few things I would like. Ha.
    I like the first weekend poster but not the second one. I will wait until the second weekend poster shows up on here. Oh well it's the music first and the merchandise second.

images of the poster are floating around already?
  • Options
    On the events page. You can't see the fine detail but the overall theme is obvious. I dig both.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

On the events page. You can't see the fine detail but the overall theme is obvious. I dig both.

yea, just found it... i'm down... they'll print plenty, we'll all find them at some point.

event shirts are nice too... damn... and a lapel pin?.......... gonna spend some cash$$
  • Options
    I'll be out of town Thursday so I'm sending my wife to buy my loot. I'm gonna have to be selective.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

I'll be out of town Thursday so I'm sending my wife to buy my loot. I'm gonna have to be selective.

this weekend I'm only coming in for sunday... I doubt they'll run out of anything this weekend though... better to have too much and leftovers than to run out and have people looking for shit at $35 for a $0.65 t-shirt.... even when you factor in the peripheral costs, the gross margin on those shirts has got to be ridiculous.
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 459
    shep said:

ComeToTX said:

this weekend I'm only coming in for sunday... I doubt they'll run out of anything this weekend though... better to have too much and leftovers than to run out and have people looking for shit at $35 for a $0.65 t-shirt.... even when you factor in the peripheral costs, the gross margin on those shirts has got to be ridiculous.
    1993 - Dallas
    1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin
    1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach
    2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco
    2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II
    2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis
    2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton
    2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu
    2008 - MSG I & II
    2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV
    2010 - Kansas City | St Louis
    2011 - PJ20 I & II
    2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC
    2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver
    2022 - OKC
    2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II
    2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    They'll most likely divide the merch up ahead of time for Fri/Sat/Sun with having more on Sunday knowing that's the day many will be there. They did that @‌ Lolla anyway. Should have plenty each day -- maybe not by end of day but certainly early.

If anyone is going to the show or popup and can pick up stickers and/or pins - PM me. We're trying to put together some full sets for friends here and in Europe who helped us with stickers earlier and can either trade or send money via PayPal plus some extra for some beer/merch for you.

Thanks!
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    shep said:

shep said:

lol... funny amber... does a 3 hour drive count as sleeping in my own bed? :p
    Of course! That's what I did for Springsteen back in May. The long stop of wonder at that damn Bucee's place (I'd never been until then) was my cause for it being a 4 hour trek back.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,873
    I like the orange shirt but I wont go crazy looking for it. I'm going to enjoy my THursday and Monday sightseeing (more like eating and drinking).
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

I like the orange shirt but I wont go crazy looking for it. I'm going to enjoy my THursday and Monday sightseeing (more like eating and drinking).

That is how I roll as well but it is drinking and eating.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

funny... when I looked at it, the green shirt immediately struck a cord with me... but hey, I'm not going to kill myself looking for it... as for the posters, we all know the deal, they'll print thousands, and you'll score one here if you don't at the show...

seems like the thing highest in demand are these stickers/pins.... probably the first thing to sell out if I'm guessing... I gotta ask though (out of sheer curiosity), what is the driver behind wanting/needing the sticker/pin to every show? it seems like there's a lot of people looking for this stuff... i just don't get it... I took a look around a while ago and saw how much PJ stuff I owned, and was like "holy crap, what am I ever going to do with this stuff? what is it doing in my life besides taking up space?"... and my spending has been completely curtailed...

it's like the unopened PJ20 backpack I have sitting in my closet... I bought it with all intent on using it, then when I saw what a "collectible" (i.e. $$$$$) it has become, i couldn't bare to use it. At the same time I won't part with it either... WTF is the point then?

lol... who knows... i guess what i'm saying is, I bet the stickers and pins sell out first, and i bet half the stuff winds up in some collectors hands and not someone who has a physical memory associated with the show.... that being said - to each their own.

Post edited by shep on
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    I guess I'll head over at 2 tomorrow to pick
    Some stuff up from mellow Johnny's. I can't promise anything because I don't know how much cash I want to spend but if anyone wants anything specific they can't live without let me know and I may be able to pick it up for them. Pm me if you need something desperately. Thanks!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    gnazteegnaztee Battle Ground, WA Posts: 82
    shep said:

funny... when I looked at it, the green shirt immediately struck a cord with me... but hey, I'm not going to kill myself looking for it... as for the posters, we all know the deal, they'll print thousands, and you'll score one here if you don't at the show...

seems like the thing highest in demand are these stickers/pins.... probably the first thing to sell out if I'm guessing... I gotta ask though (out of sheer curiosity), what is the driver behind wanting/needing the sticker/pin to every show? it seems like there's a lot of people looking for this stuff... i just don't get it... I took a look around a while ago and saw how much PJ stuff I owned, and was like "holy crap, what am I ever going to do with this stuff? what is it doing in my life besides taking up space?"... and my spending has been completely curtailed...

it's like the unopened PJ20 backpack I have sitting in my closet... I bought it with all intent on using it, then when I saw what a "collectible" (i.e. $$$$$) it has become, i couldn't bare to use it. At the same time I won't part with it either... WTF is the point then?

lol... who knows... i guess what i'm saying is, I bet the stickers and pins sell out first, and i bet half the stuff winds up in some collectors hands and not someone who has a physical memory associated with the show.... that being said - to each their own.

I get so excited when I see all of the stuff, but then I come back to the reality you're talking about here. I'm now to the point were I just want the poster for the show and a nice t-shirt for each tour. I like the stickers to put on my beer fridge, but not a necessity. Still, there's an anxiety that creeps up, like "What if this time the posters sell out and they didn't make as many?! What if the shirt I want is gone?!" We're only going to be there on Sunday because it's a combined business trip, so I'm hoping they allocate enough for people to pick up a couple of things then.

Portland '93, Seattle 1 '98, Seattle 2 '00, Phoenix '03, ACL '09, Dallas '13, OKC '13, ACL 1 '14, Bogota '15, Wrigley 1&2 '16
  • Options
    AlfonzAlfonz Posts: 125
    moses562 said:

I'm the opposite, the first weekend looks a bit bland to me and the second one could be a Ken Taylor (my favourite poster artist).

Very happy to be able to go and pick some posters up outside of the festival, carrying that stuff around is a major hassle.
  • Options
    Alfonz said:

moses562 said:

I'm the opposite, the first weekend looks a bit bland to me and the second one could be a Ken Taylor (my favourite poster artist).

Very happy to be able to go and pick some posters up outside of the festival, carrying that stuff around is a major hassle.
    That's how it works. I guess I don't like the overly large skull...though the first one has one too. I like the other details of the first one.

I heard that there is a post office located inside the festival grounds? Is this not true? I planned on shipping my stuff back home instead of carrying it all day.