Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    I hold off from mowing until it looks awful and then I mow as infrequently as I can.
    Lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    Going to mow tonight, have my Avocado Sirius special ready to go. 
    Have a mulcher kit for my small riding mower (John Deere D105) that works awesome.

Is there some attachment that makes the lines more visible? Some of these pics are making me jealous
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,257
    edited May 2021
    Wobbie said:
    juggler - stripes!

Fucking awesome man!

STRIPES!! WOOOOOOO!!!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    a5pj said:
    Have a mulcher kit for my small riding mower (John Deere D105) that works awesome.

Is there some attachment that makes the lines more visible? Some of these pics are making me jealous
    This guy works great for me

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited May 2021
    Never knew this thread existed. My yard is pretty small but I really enjoy working on it. Here is a front and back.

My back is a work in progress since it is so early in the season right now. The Bermuda is coming along, should begin looking a lot better when it starts to heat up. Been so cool this spring.

Just sprayed the entire yard this past weekend, so all the Poa should be killed by now.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Never knew this thread existed. My yard is pretty small but I really enjoy working on it. Here is a front and back.

My back is a work in progress since it is so early in the season right now. The Bermuda is coming along, should begin looking a lot better when it starts to heat up. Been so cool this spring.

Just sprayed the entire yard this past weekend, so all the Poa should be killed by now.
    Whoa....so you have a practice putting green as your front lawn and, basically, a fairway in the back?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Our backyard has been a mud pit pretty much since we moved in. Our dogs' piss just scorches nearly everything. And then their playtime kicks up everything else.

Finally, this spring, I planted some clover, and that's starting to take and looks green at least -- for now. The little dog dug some up in one spot when no one was looking, so I've got some more clover seed on order for that. (Also, if anyone wants a dog....)

I don't know how much we'll have to mow clover, really, but I hope it works out just to have a green lawn. I'll overseed with some tall fescue and probably more clover around the autumn equinox in the hopes that when the snow melts in 2022, it will reveal a beautiful lush lawn.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Whoa....so you have a practice putting green as your front lawn and, basically, a fairway in the back?
    The front and back are both cut at about .35 inches with a reel mower. I then go and cut out the putting green in the back with a Toro Greens mower. The front always looks better faster than the back. The front is not cut short enough to putt on, but the .35 is close to a fairway.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Here is a shot of a ball on the front yard.

• Options
    Wow. I literally thought that was astro turf or something. That's amazing! 

So do you have any holes set up for putting?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Our backyard has been a mud pit pretty much since we moved in. Our dogs' piss just scorches nearly everything. And then their playtime kicks up everything else.

Finally, this spring, I planted some clover, and that's starting to take and looks green at least -- for now. The little dog dug some up in one spot when no one was looking, so I've got some more clover seed on order for that. (Also, if anyone wants a dog....)

I don't know how much we'll have to mow clover, really, but I hope it works out just to have a green lawn. I'll overseed with some tall fescue and probably more clover around the autumn equinox in the hopes that when the snow melts in 2022, it will reveal a beautiful lush lawn.
    Does clover work better with the dog piss? My dog only goes in one section. Good right? No, it's right off the deck. I hate it. Wish I would've trained her to go in some obscure part. I've re sodded a few times to no avail. My wife says to just leave it be for now and be thankful there are not brown spots all over the yard. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wow. I literally thought that was astro turf or something. That's amazing! 

So do you have any holes set up for putting?
    Thanks, yea its funny I will see people walking by in our neighborhood will stop and touch the grass... I guess that are trying to figure out if it is real or not..lol

I have cut one hole in the back to putt. I go out pretty much everyday and putt around. 

The big thing I have to do when summer and the heat gets here....is that I have to spray plant growth regulator, because if I didn't I would be cutting like every day to keep it as short as I want it. With the regulator, I am cutting about every 4-5 days during the summer.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    dankind said:

Does clover work better with the dog piss? My dog only goes in one section. Good right? No, it's right off the deck. I hate it. Wish I would've trained her to go in some obscure part. I've re sodded a few times to no avail. My wife says to just leave it be for now and be thankful there are not brown spots all over the yard. 
    I hear that it works better. I can let you know for sure later this summer. They have peed on the sprouting clover, and so far, no scorched look anywhere. Whereas, you can definitely see scorching where there's grass.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

I hear that it works better. I can let you know for sure later this summer. They have peed on the sprouting clover, and so far, no scorched look anywhere. Whereas, you can definitely see scorching where there's grass.

I like the way the clover looks. Wondering if I could maybe just plant some over the brown spots in my yard. Hmmmm

Does your house come up against the side of a mountain? That rock wall back there looks real cool.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

I have had luck using sugar water to help with pee stains. I just look where our dog squats and pour a glass of the water on top of it. I have noticed that there are still marks but not as heavy and go away quicker.
  • Options
    How soon did the clover start to sprout? Read a little about it just now. It apparently is a bit more resistant to dog urine than grass. I might try this...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    How soon did the clover start to sprout? Read a little about it just now. It apparently is a bit more resistant to dog urine than grass. I might try this...
    It sprouted in about a week. And new sprouts are still coming up, and I think I'm three weeks (maybe even a month) out from seeding now. Also, upon closer inspection when watering earlier, I noticed that the spot that the little dog dug up has new sprouts. I've still got some more seed on order to reseed that spot, but now I wonder if I'll even need it by the time it arrives.

One concern with clover for the pups in the summer will be bees, I suppose. But they should learn their lesson pretty quickly on that one. :bee:

dankind said:
    dankind said:

I like the way the clover looks. Wondering if I could maybe just plant some over the brown spots in my yard. Hmmmm

Does your house come up against the side of a mountain? That rock wall back there looks real cool.
    And yes, I've got a small hill in my backyard, which makes for interesting acoustics sometimes.

You can see on the right that there used to be a stairway to the top a hundred years (or so) ago. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    dankind said:
    It sprouted in about a week. And new sprouts are still coming up, and I think I'm three weeks (maybe even a month) out from seeding now. Also, upon closer inspection when watering earlier, I noticed that the spot that the little dog dug up has new sprouts. I've still got some more seed on order to reseed that spot, but now I wonder if I'll even need it by the time it arrives.

One concern with clover for the pups in the summer will be bees, I suppose. But they should learn their lesson pretty quickly on that one. :bee:

dankind said:
    dankind said:

And yes, I've got a small hill in my backyard, which makes for interesting acoustics sometimes.

You can see on the right that there used to be a stairway to the top a hundred years (or so) ago. 

Fucking gruzzler (sp?) dens. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankind said:

dankind said:
    dankind said:

Fucking gruzzler (sp?) dens. 
    Yes, beware of gruzzlers. and falling squirrels.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    What is a gruzzler? That looks awesome
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    A gruzzler is a carnivorous monster that my son made up.

Before we moved to this house, every time we walked by the hill on dog walks, etc., he would claim that the hill was their habitat, containing many gruzzler caves.

Needless to say, he was a little wary about buying this house at first back in 2018. But we have made peace with the gruzzlers, and they have plenty of native species upon which they can feast. :lol:

Also, we have these good-for-nothing gruzzler deterrents. 

Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Gruzzlers are scary!  :lol:                   
  • Options
    hahaha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Juggler, since the AMT virus thread was closed, I’ll just say this here and then quietly leave the thread:

Dick. 

=)
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    a5pj said:

This guy works great for me

Thanks, I'll have to check those out.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    hedonist said:
    Juggler, since the AMT virus thread was closed, I’ll just say this here and then quietly leave the thread:

Dick. 

=)
    Thanks!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    I’ve got some big trees that grass does not want to grow under....too much shade and too much (apparently) toxic “droppings”....tried clover but it didn’t really take either.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,754

Before the July and August sun and dryness do their damage.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Dude that sweet mower you have + you working at it makes a hell of a nice looking yard!

I think you need a pool, a baseball diamond, and a hundred yard gridiron lined out.  ;)