Options

RSD 2014, What's good? Any PJ?

Comments

• Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362

GP179117 said:

I can't remember what site I read it on, but it was just announced the other day. The Coldplay 7" is a no go as well.
    I think REM was pushed back to October.

Bummer. Well the only thing I've found
    anywhere online is that Neil Young's is delayed and Coldplay also.
    If you find a link, post it- so I don't wait in line 3 hours for nada!!!
    Found it: https://www.facebook.com/sunriserecords

See their post from April 11th. It may be wrong though because stores in the USA are saying they have already have them. So maybe it's just here in Canada that they won't be available.

Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Nice, thanks for searching it out- ill call my shop and see what they say. I feel like it would be widely broadcast if they had problems but we'll see
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560

Nice, thanks for searching it out- ill call my shop and see what they say. I feel like it would be widely broadcast if they had problems but we'll see

The packaging is beautiful. Book style jacket as opposed to fold-out
  • Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    Damn!!!!!! I hope those R.E.M. prices on the Unplugged LP come way the hell down.

People are already selling them on the Bay and people are buying them for over $300.

I am never going to score one of those.
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    The prices always come down a day or two after RSD. These people are the first to the game and are controlling the prices. Its a smart move on their part, but not a smart buy on the consumers part.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    tribejammer05tribejammer05 W'Ville, OH Posts: 696
    What's the retail price of the R.E.M. Unplugged RSD release?
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options

I haven't heard yet, but I was hoping somewhere around $60.
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options

I haven't heard yet, but I was hoping somewhere around $60.
    Just saw where Bullmoose is selling them for $85.97. I can do that price, but not much more
  • Options
    Eek - I can hardly do $60. This might be a CD purchase in May.
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    I want that R.E.M. Unplugged release

I am going to be like Smithers with a new Malibu Stacey release
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    smarchee said:

I want that R.E.M. Unplugged release

I am going to be like Smithers with a new Malibu Stacey release

Lousy Smarch weather.

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options

Retail on the REM is $89.98
  • Options

Haha - as love as I'd much to have this I can't make room for additional $90. My music budget just went to Pono.

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403

Does anyone know what the press run on this is? Kinda steep for my wallet though. Bummer.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

Does anyone know what the press run on this is? Kinda steep for my wallet though. Bummer.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,055

Nice low run.

Is the Soundgarden really 3500? If so that is an easy cop.

Has anyone heard/read of a delay in the Thee Oh Sees new record?

Thanks
  • Options
    ^nevermind, It's still releasing.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I've been supporting RSD since the beginning. Every year I queue up around 5am to try and get the stuff I want but I have been getting more and more frustrated at the whole event. Prices have been getting ridiculous, most of the stuff isn't as limited as they make out. A lot of stuff is held back and comes in as restock. Too many pointless reissues. I'm in my local shop every Saturday and usually come away with something. The shop I go to only gets around 1 or 2 copies of things and last year the person at the front of the queue came from a city several hours away, wasn't a regular and had been there all night and went away with just about one copy of everything so a lot of stuff was gone and I was around 7th in line. This year I thought screw it, I'm not going to compete with that. There's 4 records I wanted so I just went and managed to order 3 of them online for the same prices I would be paying anyway, the 4th record should be easy to pick up after the event. I did pay about £10 over the list price for the REM record and they have already all been dispatched. I know it defeats the purpose of RSD but queuing all night isn't a great experience IMO. I'll maybe pop down later in the day and see if there is anything left I want but I'd rather support my local record store the other 51 weeks of the year.
  • Options
    Jdub5521Jdub5521 Posts: 123
    FR181798 said:

I've been supporting RSD since the beginning. Every year I queue up around 5am to try and get the stuff I want but I have been getting more and more frustrated at the whole event. Prices have been getting ridiculous, most of the stuff isn't as limited as they make out. A lot of stuff is held back and comes in as restock. Too many pointless reissues. I'm in my local shop every Saturday and usually come away with something. The shop I go to only gets around 1 or 2 copies of things and last year the person at the front of the queue came from a city several hours away, wasn't a regular and had been there all night and went away with just about one copy of everything so a lot of stuff was gone and I was around 7th in line. This year I thought screw it, I'm not going to compete with that. There's 4 records I wanted so I just went and managed to order 3 of them online for the same prices I would be paying anyway, the 4th record should be easy to pick up after the event. I did pay about £10 over the list price for the REM record and they have already all been dispatched. I know it defeats the purpose of RSD but queuing all night isn't a great experience IMO. I'll maybe pop down later in the day and see if there is anything left I want but I'd rather support my local record store the other 51 weeks of the year.

This makes me sad. RSD, to me, is equally about the experience and your haul at the end of the day. I hope your shop understands this or that you're able to find another place to regain your RSD support/interest.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I could use some help from the vinyl experts. I'm thinking about heading down to my local record store on RSD for a few releases for myself to listen to but want to get the Soundgarden singles to add to my kids college collection. As a kid I always collected sports memorabilia and recently have decided thanks to PJ, 10c and all of you rabid people it would be fun to collect vinyl with the intent of maybe in 15 years some of it will help out one of the kids with their college funds.

Do you guys think the Soundgarden Singles will appreciate in value over the years. I'm worried about it being a 3500 # pressing and that it will be ones of those 10-15 years from now won't gain much in value.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2014
    cdysinge said:

I could use some help from the vinyl experts. I'm thinking about heading down to my local record store on RSD for a few releases for myself to listen to but want to get the Soundgarden singles to add to my kids college collection. As a kid I always collected sports memorabilia and recently have decided thanks to PJ, 10c and all of you rabid people it would be fun to collect vinyl with the intent of maybe in 15 years some of it will help out one of the kids with their college funds.

Do you guys think the Soundgarden Singles will appreciate in value over the years. I'm worried about it being a 3500 # pressing and that it will be ones of those 10-15 years from now won't gain much in value.

It will depend on how many of these are opened and played. 3500 isn't a huge amount but if 75 percent of people buy this and leave it sealed the value won't be great, supply and demand. If there are still a thousand plus left sealed ten years from now I don't think it will have that wow factor. I am also in the Phoenix area and am looking to pick one up as well. I have to work that day but my girlfriend might be going to try and score one. Do you know which places might have it?
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Zia Records is part of RSD so I was going to head to their big location in Chandler early Saturday morning. I want the Nirvana release, Soundgarden as I mentioned and a few others so I was planning on getting there around 4am. I am going to try and get down there today just to ask them how big the crowd gets as I don't want to be there at 4am for no reason and to make sure they will have all the releases put out. If make it down there I will shoot you a PM with what they tell me.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    cdysinge said:

Zia Records is part of RSD so I was going to head to their big location in Chandler early Saturday morning. I want the Nirvana release, Soundgarden as I mentioned and a few others so I was planning on getting there around 4am. I am going to try and get down there today just to ask them how big the crowd gets as I don't want to be there at 4am for no reason and to make sure they will have all the releases put out. If make it down there I will shoot you a PM with what they tell me.

Much appreciated. I will do the same if I hear anything.
  • Options
    cdysinge said:

I would take the money that you wanted to spend on vinyl and put it in a CD. In 15 years vinyl may be irrelevant again and not worth squat.

vinyl is catching on but not at stupid status yet. That bubble hasn't burst yet.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,917
    Was hoping for the R.E.M. Unplugged vinyl. But heard it was delayed. And many stores are confirming it. Yeah a few stores in the USA are confirming they have their copies. But up here in Canada, I don't think so. Just a few minutes ago Taz Records told me ... "Bad news about the R.E.M... Warner informed their accounts yesterday that it's been canceled." D'oh! :(
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,596
    Hoping for Soundgarden 10" set, REM Unplugged, Oasis Supersonic, Nirvana, and maybe Green Day demos.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    The green day release has a run of only 90 each on vinyl cd and cassette in Europe so will be worth quite a lot.
    COYS!
  • Options
    Also looking for screaming trees last words.
    COYS!
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Was hoping for the R.E.M. Unplugged vinyl. But heard it was delayed. And many stores are confirming it. Yeah a few stores in the USA are confirming they have their copies. But up here in Canada, I don't think so. Just a few minutes ago Taz Records told me ... "Bad news about the R.E.M... Warner informed their accounts yesterday that it's been canceled." D'oh! :(

It's actually listed as limited run/regional focus release, so not every region/stores will get them. My shop heard the rumors of the delay, too, but like you said, they've already got their copies in hand. I think stores were just hoping to get then and are now finding out that they won't be...

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/6837
  • Options
    CratePilotCratePilot Posts: 173
    edited April 2014
    Just found out that my local record store will be selling the Soundgarden 10" Singles Set for £79.99!!!!! ....... does anyone know if this is the standard RRP for the UK? ..... that's really expensive
    Post edited by CratePilot on