Options

Let's talk Amsterdam 2014

Comments

• Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Is the tent up yet?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    Super excited to go tonight. Only a 2 hour drive from the south of the Netherlands to Amsterdam so that`s fine. Going with my mom, it`s her first PJ show :D
    Can`t wait to get into the "front area" with the Ten Club tickets, back in 2012 I was in the seated area. Hope they have some cool shirts again, love that blue shirt with the wooden shoe myoung321. Hope to get that :D
  • Options
    flaterikflaterik Posts: 16
    Hey all! does anybody know the skinny chick from Perth, Australia who was in line next to me at the pop-up shop yesterday? The one who kept telling the story about how she flashed her boobs to mike in perth and got a signed setlist for it :-) she didnt have a ticket for today's show and my cousin just bailed, so if she wants it, i have a 10C GA for her. best pm me with your cell nr.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 590
    I have one extra 10C GA ticket for tonight, Amsterdam 1. PM me asap if you want. Face value
  • Options
    YoungNeilYoungNeil Posts: 12
    I have 2 standing tickets for night 2. GA.
  • Options
    SannySanny Posts: 21
    Standing around for 10 hours is killing. But man it was worth it!
  • Options
    Got home about an hour ago. Absolutely loved it!! was well worth the long wait. And although we get into the front area we did get good spots.
    Great set list with an excellent mix of new material, slower songs and all the well known hits/more uptempo songs.
    Too bad though they didn`t play Rockin` in a Free World. Was kinda waiting for that. Other than that we had a great night.
  • Options
    I have a spare seated for tonight Ams II. Email me at lewtchy@gmail.com if interested. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to check my messages. I'll be at the venue early in the afternoon.

Cheers!

-lutty
    [ 14 ]
    san diego '06 | los angeles '06 | los angeles '06 | san francisco '06 | seattle '09 | salt lake city '09 | los angeles '09 | los angeles '09 | philadelphia '09 | arras '10 | lisbon '10 | berlin '12 | oslo '12 | copenhagen '12
  • Options
    Have one ticket available for tonights show. Seating in section 116. Face value of corse.

Please give me a call: 0049 171 6165004

Christian
  • Options
    Just read that they played Black and Immortality tonight! Super jealous :D
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    AWESOME WEEKEND, THANK YOU AMSTERDAM!!!!!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Lemon extract crystal from the green house :O)
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited June 2014
    Bring some over to ....DAMPKRING between 5pm and 6pm...

What a fucking great 2nd show... we are still blown away.. Thanks guys for making the trip more than worth it. Eddie couldn't walk, but he made up for it in heart and nothing wrong with his voice...he nailed it.. and Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt, & Boom have never sounded tighter....... wow... just wow..!!!!!!!!!

SET 1
    Hard To Imagine
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Life Wasted
    Mind Your Manners
    Last Exit
    Do The Evolution
    Severed Hand
    Getaway
    Dissident
    Lightning Bolt
    Even Flow
    Immortality
    Marker In The Sand
    Rain
    Sirens
    Let The Records Play
    Unthought Known
    Better Man

ENCORE 1
    Just Breathe
    All Or None
    Mother
    Daughter
    My Father's Son
    State Of Love And Trust
    Alive

ENCORE 2
    Black
    Blood
    Rockin' In The Free World
    Yellow Ledbetter

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Oeh, State of Love and Trust as well. Great set!
    can`t wait for the Rock Werchter show :D
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

nycrats said:

Another question
    Who here is dutch?
    Tell me about the crowds? Will there be a markedly different crowd on june 17 since there is no ten club, and most tenclubbers didnt even find out about it until after it sold out?

I'm Dutch. :) And I don't think there'll be a markedly different crowd the second night than on the first. Both nights the venue will be packed with Pearl Jam fans, including lots of Ten Clubbers. I think that many got tickets the moment the second show was put on sale. Through the general sale that is.
    Apologies for the european generalizations, i have been in the first few rows side stage for shows in dublin, london and paris(radiohead, u2,the who, etc) and each time was shocked that people, pretty much EVERYONE, just wanted to sit and watch like it were a play

I guess the main difference is pj fans travel way more than those other bands, but seems like a lot of people didnt know about show 2.
    Are you sure you're talking about European crowds and not US one's? ;) Because my experience is exactly the opposite. Enthusiastic crowds (also in the seats) in Europe, everybody sitting down in North-America. This was for both U2 and Pearl Jam. And yes, U2 also has a hardcore fanbase that travels a lot all over the world to see shows.

crazy how 95% of the seats were sitting for these two shows. did GA first night and sec 111 second night. how its physically possible to sit in a seat during the intro to blood, i just dont understand.

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Love to go to the Berlin shows Vienna or Milan shows if there anything like these 2 shows were but im ''swamped'' in dept and its too expensive for me at the moment shame you cant do a live feed but who would do it without getting in trouble and would you get into trouble, has anyone have the word ??
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Now that I have been to my first European show I can easily say the differences between US shows and at least the Amsterdam shows.. I'll give a different opinion after Trieste.

European Shows - GA Floor is a lot more active...No Seats at all. Both nights packed all the way to the back doors.

Seated area...

Night 1 - We were on the 1st ring - 2 sections from the stage and everyone was rocking, 75% of section standing..... 1 Section next to us a lot less standing.

Night 2 - We were on the top or 2nd ring.. just above the night before.. Nobody standing. I got pissed off at some Dutch dude that keep going to get beers and bathroom breaks right in the middle of fucking great songs,, he had no freaking clue what he was seeing...... I mean seriously??? My wife was teary during Better Man... we were into the moment..then Dutch Dude.. pokes my wife in arm and we gotta get up to let him out for the 9th time... In the U.S. someone would have told the dude not to come back after the 3rd time...haha

US shows have more active fans in the stands, no doubt...

I agree with the other post... it was physically impossible to sit during the intro to Blood or Rearview Mirror... I did notice our section finally starting getting into it toward the end.. So I'm thinking they won over some new fans..or I simply don't understand Dutch crowds in the top sections..

Hell even in Oklahoma City the upper sections and behind the stage was standing back in October..

The GA section in Amsterdam was more like the GA section in the US back in the early-mid 90's..
    Post edited by myoung321 on

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Well we were at the Dampkring between 5-6... had them playing Lightning Bolt and no PJ fans showed,,, oh well.. we still enjoyed. Leaving for Paris tomorrow. 2 days there, then off the Trieste,, ,,, but we will hit Voyagers Coffeeshop near Central between 11.00 and 12.00 if anyone is in the area..

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    so jealous myoung! Starting in milan and not amsterdam was the worst idea ever!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    The Milan train station is enough to make me never want to go back.... TRIESTE TOMORROW!!!!.... yeah baby!!!

Just arrived in Venice by train..Paris- Milan- Venice about an hour ago, almost midnight... ... pizza, beer, shower, sleep, wake up, pick up rental car, drive to Trieste, Get rocked out for the 3rd time.... in that order.

Photos coming soon!

• Options
    And WOW... They rocked Amsterdam... Eddie screwed his leg up, he limped around in pain both nights. About 3 songs in to the first show it looked like twisted it or something and could hardly walk the rest of the show... great banter about "Great ideas while in a coffeeshop, that don't work out after..."..haha .. so you could tell he really worked on the set for the second night.. AMAZING SET LIST... and MAN.... I don't think the band has been tighter... It looked like the guys knew Eddie was hurt and they seemed to pick it up the slack.. Mike McCready is off the hook.. I think.... no... I know he's getting better with age, he blew the roof off Ziggo..

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,530
    Thanks amsterdam..thanks pj..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    myoung321 said:

My wife took my photo above and had it blown up, laminated, and she added a little hidden custom graffiti "Just Breathe" ...how cool is that?

Returning to the same spot a year later.... how ironic that the origin picture was taken at the same location as the Pop Up store... Westerpark.

• Options
    23scidoo said:

Thanks amsterdam..thanks pj..

Hey was that you guys we met at the Bull Dog the day before show 1? Gave us some very cool Greek Fans Buttons...

• Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Did they sell different buttons at the merchandise? I only bought one! So - if there are different ones - I have to find somebody selling me the others ...
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I have 2, orange and blue. Apparently, there is a purple one too.
  • Options

Did they sell different buttons at the merchandise? I only bought one! So - if there are different ones - I have to find somebody selling me the others ...

I have 2, orange and blue. Apparently, there is a purple one too.

Thanks. What about the design? What´s on it? Do You know?

Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    edited April 2016

They only sold one each day... I never saw any others or a purple one.. The Amsterdam sets goes together..see bus

• Options
    Ok. Thanks a lot for helping.
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    The blue was night two...if that helps