Options

What series should I watch next?

Okay, so in between my Game of Thrones Season 3 DVD's, I'm looking to start a new series via Netflix streaming.

Please give me your thoughts on which one I should start next...

Sons of Anarchy
Orange is the New Black
House of Cards
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
30 Rock
The Tudors

I'm leaning towards Sons or Orange.

Thoughts?
19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Orange is a great series, I lost a weekend to that show :p
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    I highly recommend House of Cards
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Definitely House of Cards.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,862

I highly recommend House of Cards

this i'm hooked on it. :)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,738
    House of Cards. Then Orange is the new black.
  • Options
    Always sunny! No question
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,862

House of Cards. Then Orange is the new black.

just finished house of cards. i think i'm gonna check out orange (or maybe breaking bad)

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 816
    Okay, thanks peeps.
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    fall guy
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,498
    I'm watching the orange now..it's funny and surrealistic
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

fall guy

Heather Thomas
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

i think i'm gonna check out orange (or maybe breaking bad)

100% Breaking Bad...one of the best shows ever

aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Im on season 2 of Boardwalk EMpire and it is fantastic! Season 1 was a bit slow, but 2 is great.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    I was debating between starting Game of Thrones or Sons of Anarchy. I went with Sons of Anarchy and started it yesterday Only watched 1 episode, but I already know I'm really going to like it. Only part that sucks is that I've heard/read some pretty big spoilers on what happens later in the series....
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Sons is pretty good but gets pretty ridiculous as the seasons go on and the body count approaches 5,000

I'd go with Game of Thrones. At least their body count can be justified by it being fantasy.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    The wife and I are watching Lie To Me...pretty decent. Tim Roth can be a lil over the top at times but all and all good show.

looking forward to game of thrones and house of cards myself but have not started yet.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I'm really enjoying the Americans but its on Amazon Prime and not Netflix. We actually just dumped Netflix. Between Hulu and Amazon Prime (which we already buy just for the free shipping) it covered 90% of what we wanted at a fraction of the cost. Netflix had me up to over 20 a month since its on all the kids devices, adult devices and TV's. Hulu charges me 8 a month for unlimited devices although we do have to watch commercials.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I've never seen Orange is the New Black. I was disappointed by the most recent season of House of Cards. Sons is good but it has some major ups & downs, plus it's like 7 seasons long - though I'd suggest that one from your list. The Tudors was hilariously awful. I loved it so much I watched the whole series in less than two weeks. It was great, but it's not something I'd recommend if you take your tv viewing seriously.
    Haven't seen 30 rock and I can't stand It's Always Sunny.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Sons is pretty good but gets pretty ridiculous as the seasons go on and the body count approaches 5,000

I'd go with Game of Thrones. At least their body count can be justified by it being fantasy.

I went with Sons of Anarchy. 8 days later and I'm about halfway through season 2.....the wife was out of town last weekend so I had a lot of time on my hands. It's a bit ridiculous at times, but still very entertaining. I'm sure I'll blow through this one pretty quick. Game of Thrones is next on the list.
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 816
    Update with thoughts on my original list:

Sons of Anarchy - Just finished season 4. Very good, but getting a little old, kind of like the Walking Dead.

Orange is the New Black - Looking forward to the new season. Great show.

House of Cards - Outstanding show. But we can't be THAT corrupt I'd hope!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Watched through Season 9 and it is HILARIOUS! That is if you don't mind off the wall humor. It really is 'Seinfeld on Crack.'

30 Rock - I will pass. Ain't nobody got any time for network TV!

The Tudors - I will definitely pass. This was only on the list because of my wife.

Right now we're watching Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and will start SOA Season 5 too.

Better Call Saul was great (though you'd definitely want to watch Breaking Bad before it).

So many good shows...about the only movies I watch are the best picture nominees.

• Options

Update with thoughts on my original list:

Sons of Anarchy - Just finished season 4. Very good, but getting a little old, kind of like the Walking Dead.

Orange is the New Black - Looking forward to the new season. Great show.

House of Cards - Outstanding show. But we can't be THAT corrupt I'd hope!

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Watched through Season 9 and it is HILARIOUS! That is if you don't mind off the wall humor. It really is 'Seinfeld on Crack.'

30 Rock - I will pass. Ain't nobody got any time for network TV!

The Tudors - I will definitely pass. This was only on the list because of my wife.

Right now we're watching Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and will start SOA Season 5 too.

Better Call Saul was great (though you'd definitely want to watch Breaking Bad before it).

So many good shows...about the only movies I watch are the best picture nominees.

I just started Sons of Anarchy season 3. Can't stop watching this show.

You should definitely give 30 Rock a chance. It is network TV, but it's so damn funny. One of my all-time favorite comedies.
  • Options
    I'm digging Sons of Anarchy but just about cried with the character Henry Rollins is playing in season 2 where I am at. Don't get me wrong he looks the part but all I can thinking is No, Hank No!
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I've gone in the opposite direction, instead of looking for a new programme to watch I've gone back to the beginning of the X-Files and am going to watch it all over again :)
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Just curious...does anyone know if Game of Thrones is on Netflix, hulu or Prime? I started watching it when we had cable but then shortly after we no longer had cable and we have never gotten it again and I would like to watch it...only got through season 1...

Thanks! :smile:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's not. You have to pay HBO for their new internet only subscription for 20 a month. Amazon Prime gets their shows but not until they have been over a couple of years and DVD/Blu Ray sales have gone way down.

I have been doing this no cable thing for a year now and only used Hulu and Amazon. We even gave up Netflix.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    cdysinge said:

It's not. You have to pay HBO for their new internet only subscription for 20 a month. Amazon Prime gets their shows but not until they have been over a couple of years and DVD/Blu Ray sales have gone way down.

I have been doing this no cable thing for a year now and only used Hulu and Amazon. We even gave up Netflix.

Damn...yeah we haven't had cable for a while now either...and we use those three things, I just hadn't looked for it yet...that's a bummer...I'm not paying HBO anything...lol, I'll wait it out...BLAH! :lol: Thanks for the info.
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I need to get started on the Sopranos.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

I need to get started on the Sopranos.

Ots really good
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    the Blacklist for those of you who haven't seen it :) Also Supernatural, we're onto season 10 so that'd keep you going for a while haha
  • Options
    Vikings. What an amazing show. I'm going to have to buy season 3 on amazon as I can't wait 4 or 5 months for it to go free when season 4 starts in the fall.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle