Jimmy Fallon, The Tonight Show

124»

Comments

• rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    have they done pearl jam with the kids instruments yet? those crack me up haha especially metallica😂
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    I think Colbert should probably relish the next year and a half because unless Trump is re-elected, I think people will shift back to Fallon and it will balance out more. Colbert completely blew it on election night, but found a way to take that colossal on air defeat and turn it around. He got what he needed, a political comedy gold mine for 4+ years that allowed him to take his Colbert Report talents to late night. I thought Fallon had some outstandingly funny skits on his show, but it's a lot of fluff so I never tune in for interviews with him because they're giggle fests most of the time. I still prefer Trevor Noah and Seth Meyers. I can't see NBC canning Fallon, but Noah could be a legitimate long shot to take over in the next few years if things don't turn around. I just hope Meyers doesn't go the Conan route and try the Tonight Show. Sometimes it's best if some of them avoided going to the big show.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    He was funny for a while.  Now he is just annoying as hell.  He is such a kiss ass...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    I think he's really funny but he can overdo it.  The songs where they play toys, etc. are really stupid if you ask me.  Also the lip sync battles....just not real entertaining.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,792
    He's not very... "comfortable" in the interviews. It feels very forced.

At the same time,  I don't think anyone of the night show hosts turn podcasting-comfortable with the gusts, with the questions coming off a script and the guest having been pre-interviewed. 

I though David Letterman was really good at it. Conan can be with the right guest. Colbert leans in creepily with female guests. Kimmel can be good with the right guest. Never watched Corden.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    He's not very... "comfortable" in the interviews. It feels very forced.

At the same time,  I don't think anyone of the night show hosts turn podcasting-comfortable with the gusts, with the questions coming off a script and the guest having been pre-interviewed. 

I though David Letterman was really good at it. Conan can be with the right guest. Colbert leans in creepily with female guests. Kimmel can be good with the right guest. Never watched Corden.
    Conan actually talked about that when he was on the Stern show a few weeks ago.  He said that it is impossible to settle in and relax for an interview because of the time limits for commercials, etc.  They only have so much time and some guests require that they talk about a new movie, etc.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville