Jimmy Fallon, The Tonight Show

Comments

• samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I think he's genuinely funny and superb at what he does. The best part, to me, is that I think you can tell how much he enjoys himself. He takes a real interest in guests and I like how he's not always perfect--sometimes he interrupts or does awkward gestures--but that's what makes it so genuine!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    The interview with Brian Williams was lol funny. Especially when BW said about the Roots "Suckind deck," when he meant second deck. Fallon was like "What!?"
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    I watch every night... I have officially become my father.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    I'm a big Fallon fan. My fave by far in the late night line up. :) I will definitely NOT be switching to Late Night when Colbert takes over. Fallon's awesome.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576
    Gin & Juice was awesome.
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    He needs to quit saying "hot crowd" and "that's what I'm talking about" when he comes out. It's annoying.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    spade was pretty funny last night....

sophia bush--wow. where they hell did she come from?
    chinese-happy.jpg

spade was pretty funny last night....

sophia bush--wow. where they hell did she come from?

David Spade? I saw his stand up once. Pretty funny!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    good lord, this seth myers show is GARBAGE.

GAR
    BAGE.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    We stopped watching it by the 2nd week.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Bradley Cooper air guitars Neil Young's solo from Down by the River.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/101201

And does it really well, mind you.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818
    While we're on the subject - a pretty funny clip with Fallon and Nicole Kidman.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/01/nicole-kidman-date-jimmy-fallon.html?wpsrc=nymag
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,398
    That's hilarious.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    War on Drugs was great
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2015
    brianlux wrote: »
    Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Fallon telling that he likes doing this show because he wants us to laugh and feel good and go to bed happier and live a little longer. A very sincere and cool sentiment. <br />
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • This is my edit

OP - What also is cool is that the show is now called The Tonight Show "starring" Jimmy Fallon as a nod to the original Carson.

Jay lenos show was called The Tonight Show "with" Jay leno.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by FoxyRedLa on
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,648
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/26/jimmy-fallon-trump-response-672883

^This is pretty funny. As if we didn't need another reminder that the president of the united states is a pathological liar.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

^This is pretty funny. As if we didn't need another reminder that the president of the united states is a pathological liar.

and no one on that side will give a fuck. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Can you imagine Jimmy Fallon actually calling and thanking him for "MONSTER RATINGS?!"
    chinese-happy.jpg

Can you imagine Jimmy Fallon actually calling and thanking him for "MONSTER RATINGS?!"
    to be honest, yes. I find jimmy to be a panderer to the laugh and the like. So it didn't even dawn on me, amazingly, that trump was lying about that. I figured if it was true, he was obviously putting his own fictional spin on it, but yeah, I could see it. maybe not him specifically, but a representative of his. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

to be honest, yes. I find jimmy to be a panderer to the laugh and the like. So it didn't even dawn on me, amazingly, that trump was lying about that. I figured if it was true, he was obviously putting his own fictional spin on it, but yeah, I could see it. maybe not him specifically, but a representative of his. 

He was panned instantly for that show. No way in hell that phone call happened. It started his ratings downward spiral...
    chinese-happy.jpg

He was panned instantly for that show. No way in hell that phone call happened. It started his ratings downward spiral...
    yeah, I remember, as well he should have been.

well, obviously, when one thinks about it, no, of course the phone call didn't happen. But I wasn't really thinking about that part of it when I saw the clip of Trump saying it.

But I watched the episode live, and it fucking disgusted me. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

yeah, I remember, as well he should have been.

well, obviously, when one thinks about it, no, of course the phone call didn't happen. But I wasn't really thinking about that part of it when I saw the clip of Trump saying it.

But I watched the episode live, and it fucking disgusted me

Agreed.

His joke, last night, of "Have you seen my ratings the last two years? Thanks for nothing Trump" was pretty funny

chinese-happy.jpg
    edited June 2018
    I didn't give a shit about that episode. I thought the reaction to it was so overblown. Fallon just isn't political and is the happy-go-lucky guy, and that's how he acted. Big fucking deal.
    PJ_Soul said:
    I didn't give a shit about that episode. I thought the reaction to it was so overblown. Fallon just isn't political and is the happy-go-lucky guy, and that's how he acted. Big fucking deal.

BFD!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Lol, I should add that if he did that now my reaction would not be the same at all! 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,626
    Fallon’s Late Night Show was incredible.  The Tonight Show is so bland tho.  I think its the franchise itself and the confines of it.