Options

Euro tour 2014

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Vienna or Stockholm, Vienna or Stockholm :think:

We can only do two shows. Time off is limited and I wanna see my hometown and family and friends in Germany... I hate the ticket prices for Stockholm, but Vienna is only one day before Berlin and I kinda would hate to travel on show day. So everything is leaning towards Stockholm right now. I wish Amsterdam would have been closer date-wise. Damn you, PJ :twisted: :P

See you on my hometurf, guacamolejoe! :wave: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

We can only do two shows. Time off is limited and I wanna see my hometown and family and friends in Germany... I hate the ticket prices for Stockholm, but Vienna is only one day before Berlin and I kinda would hate to travel on show day. So everything is leaning towards Stockholm right now. I wish Amsterdam would have been closer date-wise. Damn you, PJ :twisted: :P

I went through that same dilemma. I chose to skip both. didn't want to stress the short timeframe in Vienna and travel on show day to Berlin. Worried about prices in Stockholm so I looked at a few menus for cafes in Stockholm and none of them have prices on them, which is a sure sign the prices are super high. I decided to save Scandinavia for another trip, on its own.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Amsterdam hoping for a second night added there and Berlin.
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,269
    deftones wrote:
    There is no way to add berlin 2..cant play 5 nights in the row.
    amsterdam 2,im almost sure will happen
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

VIENNA!!!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    With Mrs. Veddertown pregnant and due in March I was crossing my fingers that a bolt of lightning would hit Glasgow next year so I wouldn't have too much time away from home. Really undecided on the best option? Go for closest to home (Leeds, 530 miles) or outdoors, (Milton Keynes, 665 miles)? If Leeds end up with a second show like Manchester had last year then the back to back nights would be great but with 60000+ tickets to sell at MK I'd be surprised if any more UK dates will be added. Apparently the new arena in Leeds sounds amazing but there's something about PJ outdoors that is hard to ignore. Would love to go back to Berlin again or have a first visit to the Ziggodome. Decisions. Fucking excited though! ;)
    congrats!!
  • Options
    anyone has an idea where to stay at oslo?
    the venue is at weird place,probably stay at center
    ands how we get to the venue?read something that trains stop when there are big events at that venue
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,566
    edited December 2013
    ands how we get to the venue?read something that trains stop when there are big events at that venue

The venue is actually not in Oslo, but dont be fooled by that. The distance is not very long, and there is a bus (nr. 31) that stops just outside the venue. When in the city, take bus 31 going south/west. They will say 'Snarøya or 'Fornebu'. You can take them both. I wouldnt bother with trains as the bus will take you exactly where you want to be. Bus takes around 20-25 minutes from the city center, depending on where you are. When you find your hotel, you can drop me a pm and I will be able to give you more accurate info.

If its more convenient with trains. Take a train to 'Lysaker', from here you can hop on the 31 bus too. Two stops and you will be there.

Name of bus stop is 'Fornebuparken'.
    Post edited by Niko80 on
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828

I looked yesterday..it seems to be quite out of the way, but a train should go out there. Not doing Scandinavia for now though, too expensive.

Oh and if it's between Stockholm and Vienna, I'd choose Vienna! Will be much cheaper, lots of cheap accommodation available near the venue, and it's a 16,000 people arena instead of a 65,000 people stadium. There's a bus being organized going over night from Vienna to Berlin after the show, it's on fb.
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    veddertown wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    With Mrs. Veddertown pregnant and due in March)

Was gonna ask where have you been for a month but that kind of explains. :idea: :mrgreen:

Hey there! :wave: Been a busy spell at work so only been browsing occasionally. Had a few weeks off from listening to Lightning Bolt since around mid November with it getting a little overplayed and I was anticipating the tour announcement this month so now it's out I'm back in full on PJ mode... :D

Are you doing any shows?

I want to do Italy-Vienna-Berlin.
    Cannot do Scandinavia or UK since I'm dragging along the wife and baby with me.
    Good luck with tickets. If you'll come to Berlin, hope to catch you there. 8-)
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    It's very funny that an airplane ticket (in Europe) costs the 1/3 of a Pearl Jam ticket.
  • Options
    Guys, I need an advice from you experienced 10C members - I'd like to apply for tickets for both Milan and Trieste gigs but not sure which to rank as first option? Should Trieste be first, given it's a smaller venue?
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Jerry78 wrote:
    Guys, I need an advice from you experienced 10C members - I'd like to apply for tickets for both Milan and Trieste gigs but not sure which to rank as first option? Should Trieste be first, given it's a smaller venue?

Probably.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    Jerry78 wrote:
    milan its more easy people from italy and rest of the world to travel,so normally more will add milan than trieste..
    but milan will have probably double 10c tickets available..
    if i was u i would add 1st trieste.,.smaller venue,probably smaller scene,so i would like to have more chances to score to the smaller venue..
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Jerry78 wrote:

I'd say that would be your most sensible option. Milan has better opportunities for tickets through public sale given the sheer size of the venue. You might score lucky and get both through 10c anyway but if you don't Milan should be easy and someone here might help out with Trieste if you don't score on either sale.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Jerry78 wrote:

I'd say that would be your most sensible option. Milan has better opportunities for tickets through public sale given the sheer size of the venue. You might score lucky and get both through 10c anyway but if you don't Milan should be easy and someone here might help out with Trieste if you don't score on either sale.

Thanks guys, most helpful!
  • Options
    Anyone else travelling to Werchter on their own from the UK? If you are let me know as I'm going over on the Friday night/Saturday morning and back on the Sunday morning.

I live in the town next to Werchter so getting there isn't a problem :lol: But I am planning on going to the UK after and I could use a companion with some travel-experience! :D
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Amsterdam, Milan, Trieste, Vienna & Wuhleide are in my sights :shifty: . Looking forward to seeing my friends on the other side of the pond again 8-) . Now to start figuring this all out in a week :crazy: . I better buy something really wonderful for my wife for Christmas :ugeek: ....................... :lol: .
    THOSE WIFES...

Or husbands... :D So far I've only mentioned Werchter, as my hubby's a big Metallica fan and we can kill two birds with one stone. This one went smoothly :mrgreen: Now for the other three shows I'm planning...... :lol:
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    RoelandRoeland Posts: 177
    HaKaBree wrote:
    Anyone else travelling to Werchter on their own from the UK? If you are let me know as I'm going over on the Friday night/Saturday morning and back on the Sunday morning.

I live in the town next to Werchter so getting there isn't a problem :lol: But I am planning on going to the UK after and I could use a companion with some travel-experience! :D

I'm going to the UK shows by myself from Belgium as well. If you want, we can meet up.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,985
    Had to make a call between Amsterdam 1 only and Milton Kenyes. Went with MK in the end with the hope of it being an epic show. Time will tell if it was a good call or not :?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    tino_11 wrote:
    Had to make a call between Amsterdam 1 only and Milton Kenyes. Went with MK in the end with the hope of it being an epic show. Time will tell if it was a good call or not :?

Personally I say go with the city you want to visit first. All of the shows are great, especially if you are only seeing one. If you don't care, then MK logically makes more sense to having the better show.
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,037
    I entered the lottery for Oslo, Leeds, and Milton Keynes. Gdynia is on my agenda too. :D
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    ...what to do... what to do...

I'll decide tomorrow... I have a feeling I won't have any luck this time around...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    FaezaMFaezaM Posts: 152
    What I'd really prefer to do is: Trieste, Vienna, & Berlin but I think I'll be putting in for Milan & Trieste. Any insight on these venues for 10C tickets?

I'd like to pose another question:
    Taking venue and date into consideration, does anyone have an opinion on which show will be the standout of the tour?

:geek:
    Shows:
    Madison Square Garden, NYC, July 2003 (BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    Oracle Arena, Oakland, CA, November 2013 (2nd BEST Concert of ALL TIME)
    ***Milan, IT, June 2014****
    ***Trieste, IT, June 2014***
    ***Berlin, DE, June 2014***
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    deftones wrote:
    There is no way to add berlin 2..cant play 5 nights in the row.
    amsterdam 2,im almost sure will happen
    Oh man I thought you're a greeklish professor! That's what I meant, Ams 1&2 and Berlin :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    hensodhensod Posts: 192
    Hmm i would like to go on so many of these shows but due to the fact im in between jobs, my favourite holliday (midsummer) in june im only trying for Berlin and Stockholm, for some reason pj likes to play on the same date here in Sweden 3 of the last 4 shows (including this one) is on the same date...
    ISO, vinyl: Avocado, Binural, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, Benny
  • Options
    when we are ready,will update here and facebook,meeting-parties the day before a few shows..
    get resady!!!gonna have a blast!!
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    when we are ready,will update here and facebook,meeting-parties the day before a few shows..
    get resady!!!gonna have a blast!!

:wave:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    jlj_swejlj_swe Posts: 175
    Niko80 wrote:

The venue is actually not in Oslo, but dont be fooled by that. The distance is not very long, and there is a bus (nr. 31) that stops just outside the venue. When in the city, take bus 31 going south/west. They will say 'Snarøya or 'Fornebu'. You can take them both. I wouldnt bother with trains as the bus will take you exactly where you want to be. Bus takes around 20-25 minutes from the city center, depending on where you are. When you find your hotel, you can drop me a pm and I will be able to give you more accurate info.

If its more convenient with trains. Take a train to 'Lysaker', from here you can hop on the 31 bus too. Two stops and you will be there.

Name of bus stop is 'Fornebuparken'.

Scary shit...just 20 seconds after I read this post I checked out a swedish news site and the first thing I saw was this picture:
    original.jpg
    Stockholm 1992-02-07
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 1995-08-12
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Lisbon 2010-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28

https://artbyjoachim.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Jerry78 wrote:
    milan its more easy people from italy and rest of the world to travel,so normally more will add milan than trieste..
    but milan will have probably double 10c tickets available..
    if i was u i would add 1st trieste.,.smaller venue,probably smaller scene,so i would like to have more chances to score to the smaller venue..

Dimi, Any idea if there will be a barrier in GA Standing?? Milan is worth it just for the Venue. Italia 90 as a kid amongst other memories!!