Options

"Jesus was a white man too"

13»

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Idris wrote:
    Maybe this...But yet they kept what they liked, picking and choosing what to change and what remains the same. Distorting the religion for political as well as social reasons.
    Hmmm...social distortion :P

I'm not a fan of the pick-and-choose-to-suit-your-needs/wants philosophy (and I give nary a shit as to what skin color Jesus might've had - or anyone might have. I'll take character over that any day).

This is damn cool though...talk about good vibrations.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/tips-je ... snhp&pos=2

How fun would it be to have the means to do this, on this scale?
  • Options
    NoKNoK Posts: 824
    i have always wanted to know how jesus, wondering around the middle east, found men named, andrew, james, john, peter, etc... those names do not sound like what i would imagine.

Jesus is actually "Isa" in Arabic - well the first letter is an Arabic letter which cannot be written in this alphabet. I think the names you see are translations. Youhanna is John, etc.

In relation to the topic, I think most places - maybe except for 'Western' countries - have a reasonable idea of what Jesus would have looked like. A few years back, my hair and beard were long and I remember traveling through South America and a few other places and every other person would stare at me and the number of people that told me I looked like Jesus, I actually cut my hair after that. Point being, I am of Palestinian descent and have brown skin.
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    hedonist wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    Maybe this...But yet they kept what they liked, picking and choosing what to change and what remains the same. Distorting the religion for political as well as social reasons.
    Hmmm...social distortion :P

I'm not a fan of the pick-and-choose-to-suit-your-needs/wants philosophy (and I give nary a shit as to what skin color Jesus might've had - or anyone might have. I'll take character over that any day).

This is damn cool though...talk about good vibrations.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/tips-je ... snhp&pos=2

How fun would it be to have the means to do this, on this scale?

Yea and it's incredibly Unfortunate that too many people still care about Skin Tone over Character...We're generally very superficial (as a whole) ya know, we care too much about the outside, the physical, the cover of the book over its contents.

I honestly feel that if we worried less about the Skin Tone of Jesus, and were more interested in the words that he spoke, we'd all be better off.

You know, regarding looking 'within', 'letting go' of the ego etc.
    -

That's an interesting story/article you posted btw.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    I've
    learned ....
    That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the
    strength to help him in some other way-Andy Rooney

Godfather.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    I haven't got the faintest idea... What did Jews in the Middle East look like around 2000 years ago?? That's what Jesus looked like. Probably not very white looking. I would assume a darker complexion, more Arabic looking? ... and likely very small, given the average size of people back then. And some accounts have said that he was quite ugly, too. :P

WTF does that have to do with Santa Clause being white? :lol: Doesn't Santa originate from the Germans or something??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Doesn't Santa originate from the Germans or something??
    If Saint Nicolas... I blieve he is a real person from the region that is currently modern day Turkey. He probably had those physical characteristics.
    If Sinterklaus... he was fictional character from Norway. His sidekick, Krampus, was a demon... typically characterized with Jewish traits.
    The modern day Santa Claus... probably from Macy's interpretation of the 'Night Before Christmas' printed in the New York Times in the 1930s. Also, fictional.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    ajedigecko wrote:
    wow, I couldn't get thru 45 seconds of listening to that guy!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Anyone ever think about the belief that both Santa Claus and Jesus are always watching you?
    That means that both Santa and Jesus watch Megyn Kelley when she's masturbating or taking a shit... they watch you when you're cheating on your Tax Return and when you are lying.
    And they both keep a close eye on the kids. What is Bob down the street did the same? Even if it were just looking over them to make sure they weere safe... would people be okay with that?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    Cosmo wrote:
    Anyone ever think about the belief that both Santa Claus and Jesus are always watching you?
    That means that both Santa and Jesus watch Megyn Kelley when she's masturbating or taking a shit... they watch you when you're cheating on your Tax Return and when you are lying.
    And they both keep a close eye on the kids. What is Bob down the street did the same? Even if it were just looking over them to make sure they weere safe... would people be okay with that?
    Yeah, fuck you Jesus and Santa! MYOB! :evil:

:P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata