Options

Wuhlheide 26/6 2014

13»

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    pdalowsky wrote:
    filter coffee always seems diluted next to a nice double expresso/long black.

either way - the key to both is using fresh beans that have had just long enough to degas

Finding espresso is a mission in the States too :lol::|

I'm buying Jacobs Krönung, which is a German coffee, on amazon. It's rather cheap and tastes way better than any of the American stuff. (comparable to DD Medium roast, but cheaper)

I'm a coffeeholic. I've been disappointed with the coffee situation in American hotels and on trips so many times now that I am bringing my own coffee with me when I'm travelling.
    To me it seems like in America, they use too little coffee or just "rebrew" (is that even a word? :sick: ) too many times. No aroma whatsoever! :fp: They cannot lure me with their free refills!

I know there are exceptions, but oh my, poor coffeesnob-me has been through a lot over here :lol:

But for thread integrity ... Will we get news today :corn:
    who gives a fuck..tell me more about ice coffee.. :P
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,838
    pdalowsky wrote:
    filter coffee always seems diluted next to a nice double expresso/long black.

either way - the key to both is using fresh beans that have had just long enough to degas

Finding espresso is a mission in the States too :lol::|

I'm buying Jacobs Krönung, which is a German coffee, on amazon. It's rather cheap and tastes way better than any of the American stuff. (comparable to DD Medium roast, but cheaper)

I'm a coffeeholic. I've been disappointed with the coffee situation in American hotels and on trips so many times now that I am bringing my own coffee with me when I'm travelling.
    To me it seems like in America, they use too little coffee or just "rebrew" (is that even a word? :sick: ) too many times. No aroma whatsoever! :fp: They cannot lure me with their free refills!

I know there are exceptions, but oh my, poor coffeesnob-me has been through a lot over here :lol:

But for thread integrity ... Will we get news today :corn:

Italian cafes and restaurants should have espresso machines with good quality coffee. If they don't then the food probably isn't that great either.

Don't know when the news will come. :?
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    Italian cafes and restaurants should have espresso machines with good quality coffee. If they don't then the food probably isn't that great either.

Don't know when the news will come. :?
    the espresoo must be like 5 euros at piazza duommo
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    IAmMINeAIAmMINeA Bremen Posts: 25
    To bring it back to the central issue:
    when will they start the tour, what do you think?
    Wuhlheide announces:
    BLACK SABBATH
    Support: Soundgarden
    Sunday, 8 June 2014

(And leezestar - we have better coffee in Bremen than Jacobs Krönung - I´ll bring you some when we meet in Wuhlheide!!)
    Berlin Wuhlheide 2009
    Berlin Wuhlheide 2010
    Berlin 1 & 2 2012
    Ed Amsterdam 1(half) & 2 2012
    Berlin Wuhlheide 2014
    Prag 2018
    Berlin 2018

Love is the wine (Sh. Muzaffer Ozak Ef.)
  • Options
    IAmMINeA wrote:
    To bring it back to the central issue:
    when will they start the tour, what do you think?
    Wuhlheide announces:
    BLACK SABBATH
    Support: Soundgarden
    Sunday, 8 June 2014

(And leezestar - we have better coffee in Bremen than Jacobs Krönung - I´ll bring you some when we meet in Wuhlheide!!)
    what black sabbath has to do when pj starts tour?
  • Options
    IAmMINeAIAmMINeA Bremen Posts: 25
    OK Dimi you´re right, just read on the soundgarten homepage that Matt isn´ t touring with them next summer!
    Berlin Wuhlheide 2009
    Berlin Wuhlheide 2010
    Berlin 1 & 2 2012
    Ed Amsterdam 1(half) & 2 2012
    Berlin Wuhlheide 2014
    Prag 2018
    Berlin 2018

Love is the wine (Sh. Muzaffer Ozak Ef.)
  • Options
    IAmMINeA wrote:
    OK Dimi you´re right, just read on the soundgarten homepage that Matt isn´ t touring with them next summer!
    :)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    IAmMINeA wrote:

Awesome! I know there is better stuff, but Jacob's Krönung is the cheapest solution to get my fix over here :D See you in Berlin :wave:
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    IAmMINeA wrote:

Awesome! I know there is better stuff, but Jacob's Krönung is the cheapest solution to get my fix over here :D See you in Berlin :wave:

http://www.amayaroasting.com/

highly recommend if you're in America looking for good coffee... they actual source and roast all of their coffees themselves and will ship whatever you want for $5/box anywhere in contential us... they literally roast the beans when you place the order...

I have become a complete coffee snob the last couple of years and this place is my go to... their beans are amazing... discovered them after getting recommendations for friends to try out their local coffee shop (Catalina Coffee) here in houston... their products are amazing (i make a liter french press every morning, and it is definitely not dishwater).

also highly recommend these guys for a similar coffee experience...

http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/

Based out of chicago, so they might be a little easier for you to find if you're in that area of the us (not everyone lives in the south - though they should!)

but, however... where's the info about tour dates leaking from?

I want my spring Houston show confirmed!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    IAmMINeA wrote:

Fine, you'll bring coffee, I will bring Beck's Beer from Bremen. We'll see which drink from beautiful Bremen is more popular among Pearl Jam fans.
  • Options
    axeljohan wrote:
    IAmMINeA wrote:

Fine, you'll bring coffee, I will bring Beck's Beer from Bremen. We'll see which drink from beautiful Bremen is more popular among Pearl Jam fans.

My husband will enjoy the beer :lol: And while we're at it - please somebody bring some Brot too :mrgreen: I will so stuff my face with German food whilst I'm over there. Fischbrötchen - aaaaah! Too bad summer is not the season for fried liver buns...

And thanks to everybody for the coffee tips :thumbup: Living in America can be tough for a German foodie :P
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    there shall only be espresso for me. black as my soul, no sugar. :lol:

wow yes, I'd imagine you miss decent actual bread in the US too! especially all the Vollkorn goodness. :D

Dimi, 5 euro for an espresso at piazza duomo sounds about right. a little less if you just have it at the bar maybe. ;)
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    there shall only be espresso for me. black as my soul, no sugar. :lol:

wow yes, I'd imagine you miss decent actual bread in the US too! especially all the Vollkorn goodness. :D

Dimi, 5 euro for an espresso at piazza duomo sounds about right. a little less if you just have it at the bar maybe. ;)
    Yes, no milk or sugar for me neither!

I have turned into a pretty good baker during my year here, and my family is sending me bread mixes every now and then. And Ikea has some decent mixes too. Took a while to sort it all out, but the bread snob in me is happy :)

But yeah, I kinda miss just walking into a bakery or supermaket and buy bread without the hassle of preparing a sourdough for a couple of days, kneading it, let it sit for 4 hours and bake for 2 :fp: :lol:

I will go and have a Döner and Currywurst in Berlin too! It's all about the food to me it seems :shifty:

Bring on the dates, PJ! :corn:
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Sugar and milk is banned from coffee

Try this one too

Their signature blend is incredible ....

Invest in a good grinder and then the rest is heaven

http://ravecoffee.co.uk/
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    IAmMINeA wrote:

I love the fact that you and me being silly and teasing each other derailed this thread into a coffee discussion! :clap:

In fairness it's true that it's hard to find a decent cup of regular coffee. I can't speak to the whole US, as I have never met the vast majority of it, but around my way the best coffee I can find does not come from American places. Usually it's a South or Central American bakery or restaurant, ONE particular Greek deli, and the local coffee roaster place that is run by a Romanian dude (and his Colombian wife.) Would you believe me if I told you they are the only place in the neighborhood that uses coffee ice cubes in their iced coffee? There are a handful of coffee shops scattered throughout the city that make good lattes, but it's a small fraction of the total. Also, I wanna point out that not all water is created equal, that's why you see them bagel places advertising that they import NYC tap water. I spent a week in Cleveland, OH once and I WISH I had brought my own coffee with me!!! I got home at 11pm and made a pot of coffee, true story. If I'm not using beans from the Romanian dude's shop I use Bustelo.

Also I just learned that I'm free to travel for Pearl Jam starting the last week of May, not the last week of June as previously thought - SO BRING ON THE DATES!!!! :P Leezestarr is gonna take me on a coffee tour in Berlin ;)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

Right on :thumbup: :D
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    duska3419 wrote:
    IAmMINeA wrote:

I love the fact that you and me being silly and teasing each other derailed this thread into a coffee discussion! :clap:

In fairness it's true that it's hard to find a decent cup of regular coffee. I can't speak to the whole US, as I have never met the vast majority of it, but around my way the best coffee I can find does not come from American places. Usually it's a South or Central American bakery or restaurant, ONE particular Greek deli, and the local coffee roaster place that is run by a Romanian dude (and his Colombian wife.) Would you believe me if I told you they are the only place in the neighborhood that uses coffee ice cubes in their iced coffee? There are a handful of coffee shops scattered throughout the city that make good lattes, but it's a small fraction of the total. Also, I wanna point out that not all water is created equal, that's why you see them bagel places advertising that they import NYC tap water. I spent a week in Cleveland, OH once and I WISH I had brought my own coffee with me!!! I got home at 11pm and made a pot of coffee, true story. If I'm not using beans from the Romanian dude's shop I use Bustelo.

Also I just learned that I'm free to travel for Pearl Jam starting the last week of May, not the last week of June as previously thought - SO BRING ON THE DATES!!!! :P Leezestarr is gonna take me on a coffee tour in Berlin ;)

I beg to differ...coffee is a serious business :-)
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    IamTom wrote:

I beg to differ...coffee is a serious business :-)

Ok Tom, here is my serious face for you: :geek:
    :P
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435