Options

CALGARY POSTER

124»

Comments

• Options
    SZ303389SZ303389 Posts: 453
    Doesn't the artist get an initial commission? [/quote]

Nope, no commission. They earn it strictly with the S/N Artist sales. Of course it always helps when the band allows you to do 200 instead of 100 or the regular show version plus variants at $200 a pop![/quote]

This can't be correct. I've never heard of anyone working for free.

The artist may get a flat rate for the design.. They are paid to make that poster. Munk doesnt just make posters for pearl jam for free. That makes zero sense to me.[/quote]

they don't get paid, its true. just for the artist's sales plus other perks.
    ShawnZ
  • Options
    SZ303389SZ303389 Posts: 453
    djklambake wrote:
    I'm what you'd consider a "completist"

Therefore, at $200 per variant, I'm kinda OK I didn't attend the Calgary show ;)

me too brother, exactly
    ShawnZ
  • Options
    supernaut1125supernaut1125 Denver, CO Posts: 255
    Here's my 2 cents about artists and posters this tour: Most artists, if not all, have charged more this tour (and year) for their Pearl Jam posters. Munk One is a prime example of what I call "ripping off PJ fans" because look at all of his other posters for sale. All around $40-60? But all his PJ releases are all over $100. Yeah some fans get free posters inserted and NO the ink and craftsmanship is no less on the other bands prints. The Pixies print he has for sale is incredible in person and has a very heavy coat of ink on the paper. It's not a PJ poster though so it is not worthy of coating more or (what I think) he knew he would never sell them to Pixies fans at that asking price. So why does he and most other artists this tour feel they deserve $30-50 over the cost of all their other work? To me that is a completely intentional ploy because they know we will pay it.
    As for this specific poster, I guess it's pretty good. Definitely the only Ames poster in a very long time I had any interest in even thinking about buying. I could have had a variant for $200 but that is a joke of a price in my eyes! Their work is honestly so overrated to me and I don't get it. They did great stuff up until, 2000. After that I have seen a very small handful of their prints I would ever consider buying.