More Odds & Sodds should be released.

JoostoneJoostone Posts: 232
edited November 2008 in The Porch
I would like to start this thread with the following eddie qoute:

"You fucking cocksuckers. You fucking bitch! You know, we come up here as a collective band and we give and we give and you just fucking want more ... and you know what? You deserve it. This is like some kind of organized religion here; I've never seen anything like it. Do you see what's happening? ... the third night in a row, right? Well, fuck you. We're gonna play it!" (Eddie, MSG NY, 11-9-98)

1)Of all the thing this band has given us I would like to talk about Lost Dogs.
This is a great record, with (IMHO) some of their best tracks they recorded, songs as Sad, Down, Fatal, Education, Alone are all great tracks and this release clearly showed us that the vault have some great songs that can work very well in a live setting.

2)But one thing is for sure, the recording sessions for S/T are probably the most fruitfull they have ever done. They could easily fill a full lenght record with the remaining tracks. I base this on numerous interviews the band has done in 2005, they we`re talking about tracks that never appeared on S/T. I think that S/T is a great record and I`m really looking forward to their next record (2008/09 who knows). As I stated above it's clearly that there are wheels and reels of tracks that were not included on avocado. Partly because it was their hardest and most time consuming recording session as a collective band. Well, what to do with these tracks? There was that 06 interview in that Dutch magazine called OOR in which eddie told us there were lots of songs recorded and it was very hard to pick the ones that would make the record. And recently he was talking with Stone about the possibility to somehow release the tracks that didn't make the record. (OOR, MAY2006).Obviously that very interesting idea never became concrete. Hopefully the leftover S/T tracks will not be forgotten.

3) Although Lost Dogs was a great collection of ODDS & SODDS it`s not complete, there are still some tracks out there that should be compiled (well, atleast it would make some fans very happy). I`m talking about some b-sides, fanclubsingles and tracks that are on rough mixes for the TEN and LOST DOGS records (but didn`t make the cut). Those rough mixes/promos are widely available on bootlegs. Also the inside picture showing the PJ vault in the LD record also made us curious ;).

4) After some homework here I present you LAST DOGS :D, one more attempt of showing the fans how great this band can be, more songs that can be played live and be loved by thousands of fans worldwide. (After some succes of Who`s missing, the great The WHO released Two`s missing, or even the CD reissue of ODDS & SODDS showed what this band was also capable of, sure we all love The Who ;)).

DISK 1: B-sides, fanclubs, rough mixes up untill 2000 (to complete lost dogs)

-Long Road
-Puzzle and Game
-Sonic Reducer
-Leatherman
-Happy When Im Crying
-Sunburn
-Just a Girl
-Brother (vocals)
-Angel
-Crazy Mary
-Fallen (falling down)
-(untitled hidden track `Im still Here`)

To consider for Disk 1: Last Soldier (studio ??) New Jeremy (studio??), Anything in Between (vocals??), Change*, Smokering*, the Big Word*, Little Word*, The Morning Song*, Your Face*, Thrill*.
(*= This song title appears on the inside cover photograph of the Lost Dogs Pearl Jam album. The photograph depicts several shelves which is part of the vault of recording tapes Pearl Jam has accumulated over the years. Presumably, this song is either unreleased or possibly an already released song that has since been retitled. Until it is known for sure which is the case, we will assume it is an unreleased song in the vault).

Not to consider: Olympic Platinum, Dont believe in Xmas, Someday at Xmas. All fun songs but I think they are not interesting enough to be one a compilation like this.

DISK 2: S/T avocado outtakes (with some Riot Act outtakes?)

When in 2005 interviews with bandmembers showed up they we're talking alot about the upcoming record and how exctited they were making it.

"Ament singled out two other tracks as his current favorites. "One is called 'Of the Earth,' that's a song Ed wrote that is kind of a cross between early Peter Gabriel/ Genesis and Sleater-Kinney with, like, the Who's Live at Leeds or something."

Not long after those interview lists like this showed up aswell (could be false or mistitled, nothing confirmed):

1. 2X4
2. Her
3. Driving Your Point Home
4. Rusted nail
5. Armor
7. Cigarette War
8. Basic Human
9. Silver Lining
10. Marked
11. Goodbye
12. Harker's Revenge
13. Winter
14. Cold Concession
15. Keep Up
16. Last Day
18. Hand Dealt
19. Frost bitten
21. Tripping
22. Postcards
23. Simple
24. Statement

And there was an article/statement about the upcoming worldwide suicide single:'Pearl Jam will release a first single on March 13th called Worldwide
Suicide with two unreleased b-sides: 'Walkin' Man' and 'Deepest
Thing'''

Also to consider: Love Reign O Me, upcoming songs on new DVD ???

Since we cannot say something about these songs I`ve just posted what has been posted in interviews/statements in 2005. I looks like there are enough tracks to make a great disk.

Well, anyway thanks for reading. Hopefully this thread stays alive long enough, remember this is just an idea, just some hypothetical `What if` discussion, but if we can show that we all like ideas like this, who knows ?? ;).
Maybe someone will start `an organized religion`.
PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• What is such a teaser is on Lost Dogs - the album art, there's that picture of a wall in the vault, with so much there I spent days trying to make out the titles on some of the labels - i would love to just be able to go through that stuff, imagine how much bigger it has gotten since then.

peace
    sam
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    what is S/T?
  • Some great ideas there. There is an almost endless supply of Lost Dogs in the making. Wouldnt it be great if the band would throw out an album once or twice a year with these gems on them. I could even get over the cry babies whining about PJ just wanting to make money off of their fans. ...Yeah I will gladly pay my hard earned cash to these guys that have the ability to make me smile and think, day after day after day.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • diggy381 wrote:
    what is S/T?

S/T = self-titled aka avocado
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    Joostone wrote:
    I would like to start this thread with the following eddie qoute:

"You fucking cocksuckers. You fucking bitch! You know, we come up here as a collective band and we give and we give and you just fucking want more ... and you know what? You deserve it. This is like some kind of organized religion here; I've never seen anything like it. Do you see what's happening? ... the third night in a row, right? Well, fuck you. We're gonna play it!" (Eddie, MSG NY, 11-9-98)

1)Of all the thing this band has given us I would like to talk about Lost Dogs.
    This is a great record, with (IMHO) some of their best tracks they recorded, songs as Sad, Down, Fatal, Education, Alone are all great tracks and this release clearly showed us that the vault have some great songs that can work very well in a live setting.

2)But one thing is for sure, the recording sessions for S/T are probably the most fruitfull they have ever done. They could easily fill a full lenght record with the remaining tracks. I base this on numerous interviews the band has done in 2005, they we`re talking about tracks that never appeared on S/T. I think that S/T is a great record and I`m really looking forward to their next record (2008/09 who knows). As I stated above it's clearly that there are wheels and reels of tracks that were not included on avocado. Partly because it was their hardest and most time consuming recording session as a collective band. Well, what to do with these tracks? There was that 06 interview in that Dutch magazine called OOR in which eddie told us there were lots of songs recorded and it was very hard to pick the ones that would make the record. And recently he was talking with Stone about the possibility to somehow release the tracks that didn't make the record. (OOR, MAY2006).Obviously that very interesting idea never became concrete. Hopefully the leftover S/T tracks will not be forgotten.

3) Although Lost Dogs was a great collection of ODDS & SODDS it`s not complete, there are still some tracks out there that should be compiled (well, atleast it would make some fans very happy). I`m talking about some b-sides, fanclubsingles and tracks that are on rough mixes for the TEN and LOST DOGS records (but didn`t make the cut). Those rough mixes/promos are widely available on bootlegs. Also the inside picture showing the PJ vault in the LD record also made us curious ;).

4) After some homework here I present you LAST DOGS :D, one more attempt of showing the fans how great this band can be, more songs that can be played live and be loved by thousands of fans worldwide. (After some succes of Who`s missing, the great The WHO released Two`s missing, or even the CD reissue of ODDS & SODDS showed what this band was also capable of, sure we all love The Who ;)).

DISK 1: B-sides, fanclubs, rough mixes up untill 2000 (to complete lost dogs)

-Long Road
    -Puzzle and Game
    -Sonic Reducer
    -Leatherman
    -Happy When Im Crying
    -Sunburn
    -Just a Girl
    -Brother (vocals)
    -Angel
    -Crazy Mary
    -Fallen (falling down)
    -(untitled hidden track `Im still Here`)

To consider for Disk 1: Last Soldier (studio ??) New Jeremy (studio??), Anything in Between (vocals??), Change*, Smokering*, the Big Word*, Little Word*, The Morning Song*, Your Face*, Thrill*.
    (*= This song title appears on the inside cover photograph of the Lost Dogs Pearl Jam album. The photograph depicts several shelves which is part of the vault of recording tapes Pearl Jam has accumulated over the years. Presumably, this song is either unreleased or possibly an already released song that has since been retitled. Until it is known for sure which is the case, we will assume it is an unreleased song in the vault).

Not to consider: Olympic Platinum, Dont believe in Xmas, Someday at Xmas. All fun songs but I think they are not interesting enough to be one a compilation like this.

DISK 2: S/T avocado outtakes (with some Riot Act outtakes?)

When in 2005 interviews with bandmembers showed up they we're talking alot about the upcoming record and how exctited they were making it.

"Ament singled out two other tracks as his current favorites. "One is called 'Of the Earth,' that's a song Ed wrote that is kind of a cross between early Peter Gabriel/ Genesis and Sleater-Kinney with, like, the Who's Live at Leeds or something."

Not long after those interview lists like this showed up aswell (could be false or mistitled, nothing confirmed):

1. 2X4
    2. Her
    3. Driving Your Point Home
    4. Rusted nail
    5. Armor
    7. Cigarette War
    8. Basic Human
    9. Silver Lining
    10. Marked
    11. Goodbye
    12. Harker's Revenge
    13. Winter
    14. Cold Concession
    15. Keep Up
    16. Last Day
    18. Hand Dealt
    19. Frost bitten
    21. Tripping
    22. Postcards
    23. Simple
    24. Statement

And there was an article/statement about the upcoming worldwide suicide single:'Pearl Jam will release a first single on March 13th called Worldwide
    Suicide with two unreleased b-sides: 'Walkin' Man' and 'Deepest
    Thing'''

Also to consider: Love Reign O Me, upcoming songs on new DVD ???

Since we cannot say something about these songs I`ve just posted what has been posted in interviews/statements in 2005. I looks like there are enough tracks to make a great disk.

Well, anyway thanks for reading. Hopefully this thread stays alive long enough, remember this is just an idea, just some hypothetical `What if` discussion, but if we can show that we all like ideas like this, who knows ?? ;).
    Maybe someone will start `an organized religion`.

excellent idea i was thinking the same,so come pj sort it out!
    danny d
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i whole-hearted support you on this fine crusade joostone!!

....i'll be waiting just over here....
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • your very good at writing...thats all i have to say. that, and although we have all mentioned similar ideas, this is a great idea. "last dogs" is a little corny but its better then anything i can come up with. make this a sticky.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    stray cats?
  • hehe, thanks.

But more people should BUMP this thread, it`s not only my crusade :P
    Don`t we all want to hear these tracks??

Take a look at this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030826034850/http://www24.brinkster.com/jamsessions/recordingsessionsguide.html

This was a website that did some research on recording sessions, nothing here is confirmed, but we it does shows us that the Riot Act sessions not only made a great record but also filled the vaults.

February 2002, April 1 - May ?, 2002 - Studio X - Seattle, WA
    Ed Vedder - vocals, guitar, background vocals, ukulele; Stone Gossard - guitar; Mike McCready - guitar; Jeff Ament - bass; Matt Cameron - drum kit, percussion, background vocals, guitar on 'Cropduster' and 'You Are'; Kenneth "Boom" Gaspar - organ, piano on 'All Or None'; Adam Kasper - piano on 'You Are'

1/2 Full [Riot Act]

4/20/02 [Lost Dogs]

All Or None [Riot Act]

April Bear

Arc [Riot Act]

Backfire

Better Days

Brokenhearted

Bu$hleaguer [Riot Act]

Can't Keep [Riot Act]

Code Red

Cropduster [Riot Act]

Don't Follow

Down [Lost Dogs]

Faster

Get Right [Riot Act]

Ghost [Riot Act]

Green Disease [Riot Act]

Had Enough

helphelp [Riot Act]

I Am Mine [Riot Act]

Islands

It's Too Late

Keep Goin'

Levels

Longing To Belong

Love Boat Captain (a.k.a. Boom B3) {instrumental} [Riot Act]

Meteorologist

No Good Reason

Other Side [Lost Dogs]

Satellite

Save You [Riot Act]

Searchlight

Spin Cycle

Thumbing My Way [Riot Act]

Undone [Lost Dogs]

Upside Downside

You Are [Riot Act]

You're True

``
    Notes: Riot Act was mainly recorded during two two-week sessions in February and April 2002.? The February session began a couple of days before February 18 and ended before February 25, 2002, as Ed and some other members of Pearl Jam traveled to Los Angeles for the "Concert For Artist's Rights" on that day.? The band focused on pre-production for the album and entered the studio with 11 or 12 songs ready to record.? The instrumental to 'Bu$hleaguer,' I Am Mine,' the instrumental to 'Love Boat Captain,' an incomplete version of 'Other Side,' 'Save You,' and 'Undone' were among the songs recorded at this session.? Jeff stated in an interview with Metal Hammer in December 2002, "That first session was really fast.? We were coming in and recording immediately.? If we started some song, we would have it finished the same day.? We came back to the studio in April and recorded about seven songs.? Hmmm, it was eight songs, because we had about 20 songs to choose from.? During this session, we finished a lot of songs.? But our common day looked like this: we were coming to studio about 12 P.M. and working until 8 P.M., often even until midnight."? The band took a break for a month after the February session before resuming recording on April 1, 2002.? Sessions wrapped up in early May 2002.? Basic tracking lasted for a total of about four weeks.? A lot of the songs recorded during the sessions were recorded live which resulted in a lot of loose takes and tempo fluctuations, or as Matt put it in the November 10, 2002 edition of the Philadelphia Inquirer, "Our anti-Pro Tools record."? Stone went into more detail about that process during an interview with Guitar World in December 2002, where he stated, "[A lot of] the [songs'] arrangements were only hours old a lot of the times.? We'd teach each other a song in the studio, just figuring we'd demo it up to see if we wanted to do it.? But then Ed came in the studio and threw a vocal on it and that was it.? There were several songs that we all thought were only demos, but Ed would say, 'I just sang it, that's the take.'"? Riot Act sessions were different from sessions for past albums in that Ed set up his typewriter in an alcove above the studio to write lyrics while the band played.? In the past, Ed would take the instrumentals home at night to work on lyrics but for these sessions, he would run back and forth from the studio to his typewriter while the band worked on instrumentals.? This enthusiasm motivated the band, as Mike remembered in an interview with the Seattle Post-Intelligencer on November 12, 2002, "I've never seen Ed work harder on lyrics.? He'd run upstairs while we were in the studio and type out his lyrics and then come back down and cut them that night.? And the next day he'd do the same thing.? There wasn't ever a break for him."? Kenneth "Boom" Gaspar was only present for one week of recording.? It is unknown if that week took place during the February session or the April 2002 session.? Guitar overdubbing began during the week beginning April 15, 2002.? Most of the outtakes were confirmed by an anonymous reputable source.? Some of their titles were working titles for instrumentals or incomplete songs.? The instrumental to '1/2 Full' was learned, rehearsed two or three times, and recorded live in less than an hour.? Ed added vocals to it the following week.? '4/20/02' and 'Down' were recorded in April 2002 but were left off of Riot Act because they didn't fit the album and the band already had too many songs to choose from.? 'Arc' featured 10 tracks of Ed's chanting.? He originally sang the verses to 'Bu$hleaguer' but later decided to change them to spoken word instead.? He went into more detail about the song in a December 2002 interview with Pulse where he stated, "That song has such a melodic verse but anything I was initially singing over it sounded too pretty.? I kind of pulled [that list of observations] out on the last day of the first sessions, which had gone on for two, three weeks, because I just wanted to put something on [Stone's music].? And it kind of stuck, but if I'd actually thought it was going to be on the record, I might've censored myself a little bit."? 'Ghost' was recorded live after it was rehearsed two or three times.? The band attempted recording 'Green Disease' live, but it didn't work out so they stripped it down to drums, bass, and Ed, and overdubbed everything else.? Ed sang through a vocoder to get the keyboard-sounding effects on "helphelp."? The original instrumental demo of 'Love Boat Captain' was around 11 minutes in length.? It ended up being re-arranged once Ed brought it to the band.? On October 25, 2002, Matt stated in Billboard, "There weren't any lyrics when we tracked it, so we did what we thought would be a good, tight instrumental version that would later have vocals on it.? When we tracked it, I was like, 'Huh? What's this?'? It made no sense to me.? But then when the vocals were added, it made perfect sense and it elevated the entire piece."? 'Sad' was played at the February 2002 rehearsals, so it's possible it was recorded, but no information is known for sure.? 'Save You' was recorded live.? Halfway through the take, Matt's headphones flew off when he hit a cymbal and turned his head because he was playing so intensely.? He ended up finishing the take by watching Jeff's fingers on the bass and hoping he was in time.? 'Thumbing My Way' was also recorded live.? As the band was learning it, Adam Kasper re-miked the room so he could capture one of the first live takes once the song was worked up.? Matt recorded the drums and one of the rhythm guitar parts of 'You Are' at Space Studio.? He recorded that guitar line by plugging the guitar into his drum machine to get an effect.? He went into more detail about the song during an interview with Billboard on October 25, 2002, where he stated, "I had gotten a new drum machine that allows you to make up patterns and then they'll play through whatever audio instrument you plug in.? It was more of an experiment to use the parameters of this machine as well.? I took my machine down to the studio, dumped it into the computer, and did an arrangement.? They kept all my rhythm guitar parts.? I added another rhythm guitar part at the studio."? It ended up being one of the only songs on Riot Act to be built one step at a time instead of being recorded live.``
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    That's seriously one of the BEST reads I've had in years concerning all the b-sides and secret tracks that they've keep hidden since Lost Dogs and Riot Act...thanks for that...hopefully we can get a "Last" or "Rabid" Dogs!! (That describes our passion a little better!)
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • wma11 wrote:
    That's seriously one of the BEST reads I've had in years concerning all the b-sides and secret tracks that they've keep hidden since Lost Dogs and Riot Act...thanks for that...hopefully we can get a "Last" or "Rabid" Dogs!! (That describes our passion a little better!)

thanks for that, hopefully you all can help and make sure this post will be bumped for a long time.
  • I agree, the Who should put out another Odds and Sods :D
  • I agree, the Who should put out another Odds and Sods :D

:D:D

Now that band cleared the vaults.

Late60s: Meaty Big and Bouncy
    Mid70s: Odds & Sodds
    Mid80s: Who`s Missing and Two`s Missing
    Early90s: 30 Years of Rock N Roll (4 CD set)
    Mid90s: CD reissues for all of their records, each record got bonustracks.
    Early2000s: Legacy editions for: My Generation, Tommy, Leeds and Who`s next.

And for Pearl Jam
    early2000s: Lost Dogs

mid2000s: Last Dogs/Stray Cats/Avocado b-sides ???????????????????
    (somewhere in 2007/08 ???)

just show them we care, just make sure this thread survives :);)
  • I agree............................wow
    the Minions
  • JoostoneJoostone Posts: 232
    Can I bump this thread?

What are you guys thinking of this:
    http://www.newmusictipsheet.com/page.php?id=crystal

Can it be the release of the avocado outtakes??
  • THAT WOULD ROCK THE BLOCK!!!
    im on board.
  • If Pearl Jam made a new compilation CD of outtakes and b-sides every year, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra if they wanted to send it out to TEN club members. *hint*
    If Pearl Jam made a new compilation CD of outtakes and b-sides every year, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra if they wanted to send it out to TEN club members. *hint*

a 10C release of outtakes, humm, that would be something, hint hint hint :D
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    This thread needs to be bumped!

Agreed.
    thanks for bumping this thread! I almost forgot about it, but I'll never forget the avocado outtakes!! ;)
    In an 2007 interview with TFT, Danny Clinch (director Immagine) said the following:

JR: Pearl Jam is the first record that hasn't had a b-side so we've wondered where are some of these extra cuts.

DC:And there's more to that story that I'm not going to tell you. There's also though, I'll tell you, have you guys seen the new Sean Penn movie?

http://www.twofeetthick.com/tft/readArticle.action?id=2327

Another idea on the S/t outtakes written some time ago, would have been a great idea:

As I stated above it's clearly that there are wheels and reels of tracks that were not included on avocado. Partly because it was their hardest and most time consuming recording session as a collective band. Well, what to do with these tracks?

Let me introduce you to Monster? You know, the REM record, this was also an exhausting and time consuming effort for REM, some new bandmembers, new ideas on how to sound and a Peter Buck who wants this record to be their most rocking effort above anything else . This process resolved in an excellent (underrated imo) record for REM. But it also left them with tons of ideas and leftovers. REM found and excellent way to cope with this! They re-recorded some of those tracks during soundchecks, they booked some studio time in between touring and just remixed some of those Monster tracks. And before you knew it that had like 14 tracks, those 14 tracks would make one of their finest efforts to date (and imho one of the best records of the 90s) New Adventures in Hi-Fi..

So it's probably clear by now. I think I would make a hell of a record if PJ just did some recording this summer, in between touring. Let Brett Eliason cut some soundchecks, book a studio whenever you have a track. Poulish some rough mixes from the avocado sessions. And before you know it you have a record, a record with a different feel than avocado. A record that could have the same urgent atmosphere as Vitalogy or the same relax vibe as No Code. Those 2 records are somehow recorded with the same philosophy, and they are also my personal favorites, for me PJ is at his best here! (some recent examples: save you or moth)

Thanks for reading, and who feels the same on this philosophy? Obviously it's the band's choice and they can do whatever they want, but it's always fun to theorize about all this :)
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Great Work Joostone!!

You either have an awesome memory, or an amazing collection of Pearl Jam articles...maybe you have both :)

I think all of us are dying to hear anything and everything we possibly can from this band.

I'm hoping we get some b-sides on the Easter Single.

Oh yeah....

BUMP
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    Joostone wrote:
    :D:D

Now that band cleared the vaults.

Late60s: Meaty Big and Bouncy
    Mid70s: Odds & Sodds
    Mid80s: Who`s Missing and Two`s Missing
    Early90s: 30 Years of Rock N Roll (4 CD set)
    Mid90s: CD reissues for all of their records, each record got bonustracks.
    Early2000s: Legacy editions for: My Generation, Tommy, Leeds and Who`s next.

And for Pearl Jam
    early2000s: Lost Dogs

mid2000s: Last Dogs/Stray Cats/Avocado b-sides ???????????????????
    (somewhere in 2007/08 ???)

just show them we care, just make sure this thread survives

oh trust me, there's more. I bet Pete has lots of stuff laying around :), even after his Scoop LPs. :D

Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy, I just like saying that

but to stay on topic . . . I agree with you, I really enjoyed Lost Dogs and would welcome more of such things, most definately
  • Joostone wrote:
    Can I bump this thread?

What are you guys thinking of this:
    http://www.newmusictipsheet.com/page.php?id=crystal

Can it be the release of the avocado outtakes??

Am I missing something here? I don't see PJ listed anywhere.
  • xkevvxxkevvx Posts: 348
    Am I missing something here? I don't see PJ listed anywhere.

They were a year ago when the link was posted. I think it was that "World wide Singles Box Set" or whatever thing...
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    new adventures is indeed the finest REM record

so with that in mind....come on PJ lets have it
  • I'd like an odds and sodds recording of the uke album that Eddie says he recorded a while back...that needs to see the light of day
    I'd like an odds and sodds recording of the uke album that Eddie says he recorded a while back...that needs to see the light of day

That would be great too, allthough all/most of these songs have been played live.

@gonzo: I don't have that many articles, but I do have a selective memory, when reading about avocado outtakes ;)
  • Joostone wrote:
    That would be great too, allthough all/most of these songs have been played live.

@gonzo: I don't have that many articles, but I do have a selective memory, when reading about avocado outtakes ;)

Yeah they've been played live, but we don't have a good pro recording of them. Releasing some Ed shows would just about cover that though. (crosses fingers)
    One more article I've found, it's a 2005 article while they were touring in Canada. It was an official article coming from the band, after the 05 tour they went back to the studio to record the last bits. But up until then this was all the info we had (not sure about the tracklist though):

-While a lot of the album is "as heavy and bone-crunching as our earlier material", Gossard is most proud of the melodic songs such as "Dawn" - written over 4 months by co-guitarist Mike McCready - and the Who-like "Alarms Of Nautical", by Gossard himself.

"We are always expected to have a heavy tilt in our songs, and we have done that here and love doing that. But this album feels more than a bunch of rock songs like our last couple... and not to demean those... but this was a massive ride for us, a big jump, and we hope it can be heard".

The first song, "To Our Home", is a quiet song by lead singer Eddie Vedder, unmistakeably about his new baby girl. "Yeah we let Ed indulge on that one a bit there, but it is a fantastic, pretty track to start off. After that we blow the amps (laughs)".

The track listing is as follows:

01. To Our Home (Vedder)
    02. Marker (Gossard/Vedder)
    03. Dawn (McCready)
    04. Crapshoot Rapture (Gossard/McCready/Ament)
    05. Worldwide Suicide (Gossard/McCready)
    06. Severed Hand (Vedder)
    07. Echoes (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)
    08. Cold Concession (Cameron)
    09. Alarms Of Nautical (Gossard)
    10. The Streets (Vedder)
    11. Of The Earth (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)

The first single (to be released in November) will be "Echoes" with the non-album B-Sides "Thank You" and "I Believe In Miracles Live 9/1/05". The band, currently on tour in Canada, will visit Latin America in November before releasing the album in early December. Although no certain dates have been made, manager Kelly Curtis has confirmed a possible 2006 tour of Australia and New Zealand, followed by a full-scale visit to Europe.