More Odds & Sodds should be released.

2»

Comments

• Joostone wrote:
    I would like to start this thread with the following eddie qoute:

"You fucking cocksuckers. You fucking bitch! You know, we come up here as a collective band and we give and we give and you just fucking want more ... and you know what? You deserve it. This is like some kind of organized religion here; I've never seen anything like it. Do you see what's happening? ... the third night in a row, right? Well, fuck you. We're gonna play it!" (Eddie, MSG NY, 11-9-98)

1)Of all the thing this band has given us I would like to talk about Lost Dogs.
    This is a great record, with (IMHO) some of their best tracks they recorded, songs as Sad, Down, Fatal, Education, Alone are all great tracks and this release clearly showed us that the vault have some great songs that can work very well in a live setting.

dude. great read.

nicely done & some shit i didnt no. out takes& demos. OMG!

i DIG the fact that stone releases downloads of demos for 99cents

pj&all musicians shud be doin that

it's obvious

edit to shrink OP's original post
    ########################
    Celebration, the ball's in play
  • Joostone wrote:
    One more article I've found, it's a 2005 article while they were touring in Canada. It was an official article coming from the band, after the 05 tour they went back to the studio to record the last bits. But up until then this was all the info we had (not sure about the tracklist though):

-While a lot of the album is "as heavy and bone-crunching as our earlier material", Gossard is most proud of the melodic songs such as "Dawn" - written over 4 months by co-guitarist Mike McCready - and the Who-like "Alarms Of Nautical", by Gossard himself.

"We are always expected to have a heavy tilt in our songs, and we have done that here and love doing that. But this album feels more than a bunch of rock songs like our last couple... and not to demean those... but this was a massive ride for us, a big jump, and we hope it can be heard".

The first song, "To Our Home", is a quiet song by lead singer Eddie Vedder, unmistakeably about his new baby girl. "Yeah we let Ed indulge on that one a bit there, but it is a fantastic, pretty track to start off. After that we blow the amps (laughs)".

The track listing is as follows:

01. To Our Home (Vedder)
    02. Marker (Gossard/Vedder)
    03. Dawn (McCready)
    04. Crapshoot Rapture (Gossard/McCready/Ament)
    05. Worldwide Suicide (Gossard/McCready)
    06. Severed Hand (Vedder)
    07. Echoes (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)
    08. Cold Concession (Cameron)
    09. Alarms Of Nautical (Gossard)
    10. The Streets (Vedder)
    11. Of The Earth (Vedder/Gossard/McCready/Ament/Cameron)

The first single (to be released in November) will be "Echoes" with the non-album B-Sides "Thank You" and "I Believe In Miracles Live 9/1/05". The band, currently on tour in Canada, will visit Latin America in November before releasing the album in early December. Although no certain dates have been made, manager Kelly Curtis has confirmed a possible 2006 tour of Australia and New Zealand, followed by a full-scale visit to Europe.

Not a real article.
  • JoostoneJoostone Posts: 232
    Human Tide wrote:
    Not a real article.

Oh sorry, I thought it was published. Just found it on my pc, could be false. I'm not sure.
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • Has "To Our Home" ever been released?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,613
    Has "To Our Home" ever been released?

Not a real article.

If they ever do another odds and sods release, I hope they don’t use any of the “Lost Dogs” derivative titles people have been throwing about for years. They are all so cringe. 
  • This topic hasn't seen the top of the forum in quite some time...

I did want to add to the list and say there was an MTV interview with Mike back in 2009 or maybe 2010 where he stated that there was a bunch of great material they didn't release on Backspacer as it didn't fit the style/mood/energy/etc. that they were trying to release as an EP.

That didn't happen and to my knowledge I don't think any of those made it to Lightning Bolt.
    I think something to consider with a lot of these song titles that get thrown out there or are on reels in the gatefold of LD, I bet many are instrumentals and not necessarily completed songs. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    edited January 14
    Joostone said:
    I agree, the Who should put out another Odds and Sods D

DD

Now that band cleared the vaults.

Late60s: Meaty Big and Bouncy
    Mid70s: Odds & Sodds
    Mid80s: Who`s Missing and Two`s Missing
    Early90s: 30 Years of Rock N Roll (4 CD set)
    Mid90s: CD reissues for all of their records, each record got bonustracks.
    Early2000s: Legacy editions for: My Generation, Tommy, Leeds and Who`s next.

And for Pearl Jam
    early2000s: Lost Dogs

mid2000s: Last Dogs/Stray Cats/Avocado b-sides ???????????????????
    (somewhere in 2007/08 ???)

just show them we care, just make sure this thread survives
    The early '90s set by The Who was actually Thirty Years of Maximum R&B. (I'm not posting this to correct you; I've just always enjoyed that title and want to give it its due.)
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    This topic hasn't seen the top of the forum in quite some time...

I did want to add to the list and say there was an MTV interview with Mike back in 2009 or maybe 2010 where he stated that there was a bunch of great material they didn't release on Backspacer as it didn't fit the style/mood/energy/etc. that they were trying to release as an EP.

That didn't happen and to my knowledge I don't think any of those made it to Lightning Bolt.
    Pendulum was from the Backspacer sessions.  I remember a band member mentioning that in an interview.  But yeah I'm guessing there's probably another 3-5 songs laying around from the backspace sessions if they had been thinking about releasing an ep.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • JoostoneJoostone Posts: 232
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    We’re getting older! Let’s not wait too long PJ! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    If they ever do another odds and sods release, I hope they don’t use any of the “Lost Dogs” derivative titles people have been throwing about for years. They are all so cringe. 
    Well, they've already shown a willingness to do that sort of thing by following up Live on Two Legs with Live on Ten Legs.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    Doesn't make it right.

• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    We’re getting older! Let’s not wait too long PJ! 
    I mean, I'm hopeful that maybe I'm just over half way through my life span.   If they barfed out all their unreleased content now.  What do we have to look forward to when they no longer tour?  Albeit, if they tour as long as the Stones (Which expecting them to be playing at age 80 is a stretch) I would just short of 70, which might be a little old to release these gems.

What's the sweet spot of saving some material in case the band stops one day, vs.not waiting too long to release it?