Options

So... Europe 2014...

Comments

• Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,849
    boyo79 wrote:
    Really hoping they don't play too many festivals as it'll reduce the number of shows I'd go too, purely for financial reasons. Hoping to make 4 or 5 shows next summer!

Hope it's like last year, with a handful of festivals and a few indoor shows. :D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    everything points to aerosmith for the last download slot so maybe arenas will be for the Uk after all.......

or theres always the hard rock one that wont be the hard rock this year......believe they are still looking for a new sponsor
  • Options
    just pray it isn't for Glastonbury
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Eraserhead wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:
    Really hoping they don't play too many festivals as it'll reduce the number of shows I'd go too, purely for financial reasons. Hoping to make 4 or 5 shows next summer!

Hope it's like last year, with a handful of festivals and a few indoor shows. :D

Yeah 2010 had too many festival dates, 2012 was much better. Hoping for Wuhlheide next year, would really like to go there.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    pdalowsky wrote:

Yeah I am hoping no Glastonbury, however the one saving grace if it is, is that as the tickets are already sold out, they usually don't restrict the bands from playing other UK gigs.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    Glastonbury would be an unwelcome announcement as it is already sold out! Hoping for indoor shows in the UK.
    Adam
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    dottles wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Yeah I am hoping no Glastonbury, however the one saving grace if it is, is that as the tickets are already sold out, they usually don't restrict the bands from playing other UK gigs.

What do you mean by restricting the band by playing other UK gigs??
    Are there certain rules where and how many gigs they are allowed to play in one given country :?
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,700
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Are there certain rules where and how many gigs they are allowed to play in one given country :?

I think certain promoters make bands sign contracts preventing them from playing shows with other promoters. Happens in ireland.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

when they playing at a festival,the festival has the rights at the country..and usually they dont allow for other gigs in a distance closer to 200-300 miles of the festival area
    so if they play at london festival,no other shows close to london
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Hoping for eastern Europe, would love to visit Hungary or Poland etc.

Poland and Hungary are in cenral Europe. Communism is over, thank you. :)

Why sensitive? The sun rises from the east. :shock:
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    Olivavu wrote:
    I really doubt that they could fill the San Siro

San Siro capacity is around 80.000. So maybe, they wont fill it. But I still think it would be interesting.

So I'd say, a couple festival gigs + closed arenas + Wuhlheide + San Siro would be fine. :corn: :idea: :geek:

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

There isn't rules as such but some promotors/festivals like to have an 'exclusive' booking. So the band/act will only play at their festival that summer. Reading/Leeds did it with Editors this year - Editors had to wait til after they had played Reading/Leeds before they could officially announce their tour dates for this November. Obviously if the band are willing to do this that's their choice (or how much cash is thrown their way :lol::lol::lol: )
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    Olivavu wrote:

San Siro capacity is around 80.000. So maybe, they wont fill it. But I still think it would be interesting.

So I'd say, a couple festival gigs + closed arenas + Wuhlheide + San Siro would be fine. :corn: :idea: :geek:
    isnt 80k for rock concert..its for football..50-60 k for concerts
    and they had 50k at venice 10
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jumbojet wrote:
    Olivavu wrote:

isnt 80k for rock concert..its for football..50-60 k for concerts
    and they had 50k at venice 10

heard they can get 80,000 when using the pitch for standing too, even after losing one end for the stage
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

No, usually it is within contractual agreements for most big festivals, especially headlining acts that they can't headline anything else or play their own arena/stadium shows within a specified time period so not to affect ticket sales.

Sorry, I see others have answered.

At the San Siro, they can had the stage on the side rather than one end.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,030
    jumbojet wrote:
    Hoping for eastern Europe, would love to visit Hungary or Poland etc.

Not sensitive, just accurate.

I come from Poland and I don't particularly like being labeled as an Eastern (read: poor, communist) European. The 80s are long gone my friend. Poland was politically labled as an "Eastern" European country, as it was in the eastern communist block back in a day. Georgaphically, however, Poland is and has been in Central Europe. Poland is a free, democratic country today and I just don't get this "Eastern Europe" stigma.

BTW, I don't want to offend anyone, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Eastern European countries if their geographical location is such. All I'm saying is that Poland is called "Eastern European" for the wrong reasons.

I'm sure that OP meant no harm, as this term is still widely used (unfortunately), but I always seize the opportunity to speak up when I come across this subject, even if it means going off topic (sorry, guys :oops: ).
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    jumbojet wrote:

Not sensitive, just accurate.

I come from Poland and I don't particularly like being labeled as an Eastern (read: poor, communist) European. The 80s are long gone my friend. Poland was politically labled as an "Eastern" European country, as it was in the eastern communist block back in a day. Georgaphically, however, Poland is and has been in Central Europe. Poland is a free, democratic country today and I just don't get this "Eastern Europe" stigma.

BTW, I don't want to offend anyone, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Eastern European countries if their geographical location is such. All I'm saying is that Poland is called "Eastern European" for the wrong reasons.

I'm sure that OP meant no harm, as this term is still widely used (unfortunately), but I always seize the opportunity to speak up when I come across this subject, even if it means going off topic (sorry, guys :oops: ).

Yes, sure, this all makes sense what you're saying. I'm just kidding, I just like this thread a lot. Hope there will be a Poland show, next year, then. And hope you can be there. :wave: 8-)

• Options
    PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    The Barrowlands hold 2000 and that will do me fine

If not 13000 at the Hydro will not make me complain

wherever they play i,ll most likley be there

Play Scotland, Play Scotland, Play Scotland ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Options
    Pke wrote:

Lets just hope they play in the UK hey ;):lol:
  • Options
    PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    dottles wrote:
    Pke wrote:

Only place i want Leanne is Scotland after that I will pick Wullheide any day of the week then other cities i havent been to visit before so as long as we get a date up here i'll be a happy man with the rest ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Options
    Pke wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Pke wrote:

Only place i want Leanne is Scotland after that I will pick Wullheide any day of the week then other cities i havent been to visit before so as long as we get a date up here i'll be a happy man with the rest ;)

I think the thing is that we've been kinda lucky to get the gigs we've had, countries far bigger than ours with far denser populations often get one night, often in a capital city or a festival. It'll be great if they played Glasgow, the new arena looks ace but.. we can't be too greedy ;):lol::D

(Besides... it's a feckin trek for me! :lol::lol: )
  • Options
    GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ New Jersey Posts: 1,030
    jumbojet wrote:

Yes, sure, this all makes sense what you're saying. I'm just kidding, I just like this thread a lot. Hope there will be a Poland show, next year, then. And hope you can be there. :wave: 8-)

Yes, I'm really hoping for a show in Poland. I live in the US, but I have plans to go to Europe next summer to see a few shows. We'll see what happens. :)

And I wish that they finally play Russia for you! :D
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Just yesterday I was thinking that I'd love to visit Scotland and try some great single malts. If PJ were playing there, it'd probably force my hand.
  • Options
    Pke wrote:

you gonna travel everywhere..hehehheehhee
    cant wait to seeya!~!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

heard they can get 80,000 when using the pitch for standing too, even after losing one end for the stage
    i think bruce had 60k
    no matter what,i ve been t this stadium ,is really awesome!!
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    pdalowsky wrote:

Ditto.

It'd be bollocks for them to announce a show at a festival that's already sold out.
  • Options
    Olivavu wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Ditto.

It'd be bollocks for them to announce a show at a festival that's already sold out.
    i dont see this happening
  • Options
    Yes, I'm really hoping for a show in Poland. I live in the US, but I have plans to go to Europe next summer to see a few shows. We'll see what happens. :)

And I wish that they finally play Russia for you! :D

Thanks, I don't have high hopes for that, but let's hope. 8-)

• Options
    Olivavu wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Ditto.

But I don't think it would be as they'd be able to do other gigs of their own too.
    Yeah most of us would miss being there, and they'd probably not allow the tv coverage you normally get at Glasto, but at least it provides other opportunities unlike most other big festivals.
  • Options
    rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 143
    Pke wrote:

could you imagine pearl jam at the barrowlands!it would be carnage :D