Options

Storytellers

124»

Comments

• Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    the number of new songs was a surprise, but the set DID NOT SUCK

this was clearly part of the J records marketing push

J Records would have brought in more new fans if PJ played songs like Severed, Marker in the Sand, Come Back and Parachutes.

Personally, my 3 least favorite songs on the new CD are Unemployable, Gone and Army Reserve. And of course they played all 3 at Storytellers. :-) Not that they are not good songs, but the rest of the CD is better IMO.
  • Options
    jammingjamming Posts: 2
    wow
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    preach on, my brother!!
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    jammingjamming Posts: 2
    I got there at 4, there was only one other person there, she had told me that I just missed ed, mike and matt coming out.

I met possomist,pldgmygrievence and pjguy in line, all very cool guys.

when they finally let us is (we were being held up because there was no vip entrance, boo hoo) my husband and I got front row center.

Beats our 2nd row by leaps and bounds.

I wouldn't say ed was pissed but stone was, someone told me later that he wasn't happy with ed turning it into a political platform. Half of me is wishing it would of been more like the stories in lost dogs, but the other half of me wouldn't expect ed to pass that opportunity up.

So my husband and I got looks and waves from mike and matt. At one point I looked and mike and was singing and pointing at him and he smiled and did a mick jagger strut, look for it, I hope they keep that part in. I also caught a pic from Jeff.

They guy next to me was really annoying, he kept yelling "mamasan, footsteps, wash, dirty frank, hey ed, what's up stone" over and over again, he wasn't 10c he knew a guy who knew a guy at mtv and someone told me he'd been drinking whiskey in line the whole time.

after it was over a handful of people waited by the band entrance to see the guys, only ed came over and it was for half a second, just said hi and got chocolates from some girl. Stone and Mike's techs came over and gave us all pics.

I'm the annoying guy you speak about in the post:

"They guy next to me was really annoying, he kept yelling "mamasan, footsteps, wash, dirty frank, hey ed, what's up stone" over and over again, he wasn't 10c he knew a guy who knew a guy at mtv and someone told me he'd been drinking whiskey in line the whole time."

Do you think you are at a Barry Manilow concert? what is wrong with you....?
    you are at a rock and roll concert...

Couple of things:

first off, you are incorrect about me not being a 10C member. I am... And my admission to the concert did not come from an "MTV" guy I knew (I dont know anyone from MTV or nor do I know anyone who knows anyone from MTV).
    Second: I wasn't drinking whiskey, I was drinking spiced rum. And this is none of your business.. Whether I am drinking or not, I share the same enthusiasm and energy at a Pearl Jam concert.
    Third: Your damn right that I am vocal at a Pearl Jam concert. I have enjoyed every one of the 32 concerts I have been to since 1992 (you seem by your statement that you are too young to have experienced Pearl Jam at that time). Your inexperience is very evident to me.
    Fourth: I never mentioned "Dirty Frank" as you stated above. I personally do not like the song. It never came out of my mouth.

Anyway,
    If you are one that gets annoyed easily at a Pearl Jam concert by other FANS then DONT GO. Or at least, go stand in the back and not in the FRONT ROW. What do you expect you Idiot........
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,510
    J Records would have brought in more new fans if PJ played songs like Severed, Marker in the Sand, Come Back and Parachutes.

Personally, my 3 least favorite songs on the new CD are Unemployable, Gone and Army Reserve. And of course they played all 3 at Storytellers. :-) Not that they are not good songs, but the rest of the CD is better IMO.

I agree about gone, not one of my favs, neither is SOH, but Army and Unemployable are awesome songs.

The point is that they played what 9 songs or so and five of them were off the new record. Clive was there too. Definitely a J records gig.

VH1 might even have an interest in J records.

There were no real nuggets for the hardcore fans, other than being in the room of only 400 people and hearing the brief explanations. Insignificance, WWS and life wasted were fantastic.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Get_Right wrote:
    I agree about gone, not one of my favs, neither is SOH, but Army and Unemployable are awesome songs.

The point is that they played what 9 songs or so and five of them were off the new record. Clive was there too. Definitely a J records gig.

VH1 might even have an interest in J records.

There were no real nuggets for the hardcore fans, other than being in the room of only 400 people and hearing the brief explanations. Insignificance, WWS and life wasted were fantastic.

I didn't see it that way... the band is pushing a political agenda and this new album backs that. If you went in there looking for the meaning of old rarities then you should be disappointed but I never thought that this was going to be an "open the PJ vault and we'll tell you what we were thinking" session.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Vital73Vital73 Posts: 34
    Get_Right wrote:
    the number of new songs was a surprise, but the set DID NOT SUCK

this was clearly part of the J records marketing push

There is no doubt that this was all for marketing and pushing the new record. I'm sure some of the guys were more into it than others going in. I am also thinking that Eddie was probably not one of the ones looking forward to it and decided to take the situation and use it to voice his political views. I mean, why not? I'm sure he didn't give two shits if the vh1 pricks or anyone fromt he label didn't like it. He's gonna say what he feels ~ Hey Ed, thanks for that! Really, more people should follow suit.

Some people may not like that, but it takes balls and is one of the reasons I love the band so much. They will play the game but by their rules. If anyone doesn't like it, well screw 'em. And I'm sure they all know what they get with Eddie and I can't see him voicing political views being something that would piss off anyone in the band, it ain't the first time and won't be the last I'm sure.

The setlist was such IMO because they didn't deisire it to be anything more. It is what it is and why share the intracacies of where the fan fave songs come from when it's going to be on VH1 where few of their core fans are? I submit they put forth some new songs to attract the new younger fans and the old faves to appease us 10c'ers.

Frankly I wouldn't want to hear the story behind Breath, or YL, or 1/2 full, or any of my other faves on Storytellers. I'd rather hear about them over a bottle of wine and a J at a wildhorse campfire after a gorge show this summer, but that's just me.

Wildhorse Eddie, come by, drink, share, drink, sing, and party with your Jamily!

Anyone that went agree or disagree?
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
    Oh, I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
    I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
    Hey, I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Vital73 wrote:
    There is no doubt that this was all for marketing and pushing the new record. I'm sure some of the guys were more into it than others going in. I am also thinking that Eddie was probably not one of the ones looking forward to it and decided to take the situation and use it to voice his political views. I mean, why not? I'm sure he didn't give two shits if the vh1 pricks or anyone fromt he label didn't like it. He's gonna say what he feels ~ Hey Ed, thanks for that! Really, more people should follow suit.

Some people may not like that, but it takes balls and is one of the reasons I love the band so much. They will play the game but by their rules. If anyone doesn't like it, well screw 'em. And I'm sure they all know what they get with Eddie and I can't see him voicing political views being something that would piss off anyone in the band, it ain't the first time and won't be the last I'm sure.

The setlist was such IMO because they didn't deisire it to be anything more. It is what it is and why share the intracacies of where the fan fave songs come from when it's going to be on VH1 where few of their core fans are? I submit they put forth some new songs to attract the new younger fans and the old faves to appease us 10c'ers.

Frankly I wouldn't want to hear the story behind Breath, or YL, or 1/2 full, or any of my other faves on Storytellers. I'd rather hear about them over a bottle of wine and a J at a wildhorse campfire after a gorge show this summer, but that's just me.

Wildhorse Eddie, come by, drink, share, drink, sing, and party with your Jamily!

Anyone that went agree or disagree?

I'd rather be called a Freak than a Jamily. An that initmate chat should take place in Florida. Otherwise... no objections.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    sxysadiesxysadie Posts: 43
    When is it going to air, anybody know?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
    well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride! -Unknown
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    sxysadie wrote:
    When is it going to air, anybody know?
    Veddernarian posted it in another thread. It's 7/1/06. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Vital73Vital73 Posts: 34
    SPALMA wrote:
    I'd rather be called a Freak than a Jamily. An that initmate chat should take place in Florida. Otherwise... no objections.

Well I think the Jamily is made up of the Freaks so were on the same page there, but Florida? HA. If it happens be sure to post!!
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
    Oh, I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
    I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
    Hey, I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind