2006-09-30 Oaka Basketball Arena, Athens, Greece Setlist Thread

Comments

• Jammin909 wrote:
    that's reserved for the second encore- Im feeling an acoustic set coming on.

at least a string of some slower tunes- HTI, off he goes, Long road->come back

....Indifference
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • dante76 wrote:
    Yeah, Zagreb had Education, Gimme some truth, All or none, Thin air....wtf?
    so far Zagreb is the winner, definately better set list but there's still time, probably they'll play a few rarities. They must damn it, it's the last show...

ok the show isn't over yet. Lets wait and see how the show plays out before we start bitching about the setlist and saying what show is better.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • in my tree would be nice
    OBAMA BABY
  • ....Indifference

I'm also feeling Parachutes coming on too.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Maybe the Momasan Trilogy...In order
  • ok the show isn't over yet. Lets wait and see how the show plays out before we start bitching about the setlist and saying what show is better.

There we go
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    What is the Momasan Trilogy?
  • edvedd wrote:
    What is the Momasan Trilogy?

LOL since you only have 4 posts I dunno if you are joking or not. I hope you are lol.

Alive, Once, Footsteps. Its all one story, spread out over 3 songs.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    LOL since you only have 4 posts I dunno if you are joking or not. I hope you are lol.

Alive, Once, Footsteps. Its all one story, spread out over 3 songs.

I know the trilogy and the songs etc, but i dont know the exact meaning?

care to share?
  • want to say "ah, you're so stupid....it's..." but i dont know too, lol)))....but i've heard about it....
  • Alive - teenage comming to age
    Once - later turning to murder
    Footsteps - death row

that's the very very quick summation
  • I BrisK I wrote:

care to share?

from what I understand its about a relationship of a mother and her son..hense the title mamason.

Alive....you all know about Ed finding out the person he called dad was his stepdad, not his biological dad.
    Once is like the character has all this rage and ends up becoming a seriel killer or something.
    Footsteps...the character is now on deathrow or about to be executed...not sure...and is thinking back about what he's done and stuff.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    I BrisK I wrote:

care to share?

Simply put, they're about Eds troubled childhood, and his relationship with his mother and estranged father.
  • I BrisK I wrote:

care to share?

Without a drummer or a singer the trio began actively looking for bandmates, and even looked outside the Seattle scene for people with whom they had no previous connection. One of these people was former Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Jack Irons. A five-song demo was given to Irons to see if he would be interested in joining the band, and to distribute to anyone he felt might fit the singing bill. Irons passed on the drumming invitation, but gave the demo to his basketball buddy and local San Diego singer Eddie Vedder during one of their hiking trips. Vedder had been the lead vocalist for Bad Radio, a local rock group. As legend has it, Vedder listened to the tape shortly before going surfing. While he was out in the water, the music played in his head and the lyrics came to him.

He rushed back home and in one flurry of creativity recorded the vocals to three of the songs ("Alive", "Once", and "Footsteps"). The songs were what Vedder would later describe as a mini-opera. They formed a story of incest, madness and murder that became known to fans as the "Mamasan trilogy".
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Byrnzie wrote:
    Simply put, they're about Eds troubled childhood, and his relationship with his mother and estranged father.

LOL I like this explaination better. :) Much easier to type. I'm gonna go with this one if I'm ever asked again.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,558
    ok

has this been played before?
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Except, remember there's a bit of extra drama added with the incest, the murder and the deathrow elements!!! :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • romybianromybian Posts: 1,644
    Jammin909 wrote:
    The songs were what Vedder would later describe as a mini-opera.
    I feel the sudden urge of making a video of it....
    "The joke in your language won't come out the same" (Tom Petty)
    I'm no dude! Dudette!
  • I BrisK I wrote:
    ok

has this been played before?

yes quite a few times...although most times its out of order.
    I've gotten it twice but Once was played before Alive both times I think.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    justam wrote:
    Except, remember there's a bit of extra drama added with the incest, the murder and the deathrow elements!!! :D

What, you mean those things didn't actually happen?? ;)
  • yeah!!!! i'm gonna find it for you........just right now....seat here and wait!!!!
  • Fine description and all, but I thought mine was pretty damn good since I was going for the 10 words or less answer...:)
  • 1st encore: footsteps, i am mine, inside job, black,
    rvm, porch

ed climbed the stage rails like in '92

from RM
  • beat me to it...
  • wow. RVM and PORCH back to back. is that a first?
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • wow. RVM and PORCH back to back. is that a first?

LOL I doubt it, but I am not 100% sure on that. What a killer 1 2 punch to end the first encore tho.
  • 1st encore: footsteps, i am mine, inside job, black,
    rvm, porch

from RM

Hanging?!? Doing pull-ups right? ;)
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Byrnzie wrote:
    What, you mean those things didn't actually happen?? ;)

:D

I'm just saying that operas usually rely on the drama of sex and blood and conflict and it's no exception just because it's a mini one.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Hanging?!? Doing pull-ups right? ;)

LMAO I have no idea. I just did a copy and paste. You'll have to wait for the fanviews and pics haha.
  • porch

Awesome! Second time in a row, did it in Zagreb too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-M5jFyGOY0