Options

2007-06-08 Passeio Maritimo Alges, Lisbon, POR Setlist Thread

Comments

• Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    A good set list can cary a show only so far. The performance is usually important.

Yes, performance is paramount, setlist secondary to me. ALWAYS.

I'd rather hear a show that's Even Flow, DTE, Better Man, Alive etc, if the band is playing like their life depended on it rather than one where they play a bunch of rarities sloppily.
  • Options
    spencer wrote:
    Yes, performance is paramount, setlist secondary to me. ALWAYS.

I'd rather hear a show that's Even Flow, DTE, Better Man, Alive etc, if the band is playing like their life depended on it rather than one where they play a bunch of rarities sloppily.

For example, Leaving Here in late 1995. They repeatedly messed it up and, because of that, it detracted from what was, in general, series of excellant shows.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    myth4343myth4343 Posts: 89
    Nice setlist!! But still would be nice to get another song then Interstellar and Corduroy to start with...
  • Options
    peepspeeps Posts: 79
    Damn right. It really pisses me of when people take a glance at a setlist and deem it a total disaster because of its lack of rarities. It's a really stupid way to judge a show.
    I bet i would've had a blast if i'd gone to the show tonight. It's a rockin' setlist!

just as it is stupid of you to judge about my judgment while not knowing a thing about why i made the comment. and the fact that what someone says on the internet pisses you off is frightening.
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    peeps wrote:
    just as it is stupid of you to judge about my judgment while not knowing a thing about why i made the comment. and the fact that what someone says on the internet pisses you off is frightening.

Oh come on, that's like saying "I know you are but what am I!?"

And why does something said on the internet totally negate it? as opposed to being said "in real life?"
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    mnjamfanmnjamfan Posts: 83
    This set list is killer! How come people have to act too cool for the room and pretend to be pissed because they didn't play Hey Foxymophandlemama....lighten up!
  • Options
    disconnecteddisconnected Posts: 2,875
    I already told somewhere on the forum Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy would be the first song played in Europe this year :D
  • Options
    hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    peeps wrote:
    and the fact that what someone says on the internet pisses you off is frightening.

Yeah, that is worse than being angry because of the songs a band chose to play at a show you did not attend (presumably).
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    That being said, Sir Michael McCready RULES!!! London, here we come!!! 8 days to go!!!!
  • Options
    When do the pictures come?
  • Options
    Does anyone know if Mike played a tag on Ledbetter tonight, or was it just straight up McCready old school YLB goodness? Just curious...
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Who's starting the Festimad thread?!?! At least we're getting video, I think...

I will, and were meant to be getting audio, not video.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options

Setlist has been corrected, see first post. There are photos up at http://thearmyreserve.blogspot.com from Einat!
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• Options
    I'm Gone wrote:
    Setlist has been corrected, see first post. There are photos up at http://thearmyreserve.blogspot.com from Einat!

Thank you Einat!
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Thanks Einat! Looks like you were close! Keep them coming!
  • Options
    I'm Gone wrote:
    I will, and were meant to be getting audio, not video.

I can always count on you. It was wishfull thinking, on behalf of my memory of your (TARblog) post, that we were going to get video.

Cheers to another show tonight.
  • Options
    I'm Gone wrote:

Great pics! Thanks for the post. Give a big thanks to Einat from the blogosphere.
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    amazing show, great attitude by the band, just missing out on one or two rarities to make the setlist a bit more special. ed said "que se foda madrid" (fu*k madrid) in the middle of the set, while talking they had to go to madrid next night and that was it... 4 new tour shirts, all of them a beauty. 25€ each. there were some australian tour shirts on sale too, the baby blue with the surfer.
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    Anyone who was lucky enough to be at the opening Euro show,was there any new merch from last year? did they have any tour hoodies or jackets like last year?

Thanks

JR
  • Options

Here are some more pics.

http://blitz.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=bz.stories/8836
  • Options
    amiramir Posts: 131
    Parasol wrote:
    amazing show, great attitude by the band, just missing out on one or two rarities to make the setlist a bit more special. ed said "que se foda madrid" (fu*k madrid) in the middle of the set, while talking they had to go to madrid next night and that was it... 4 new tour shirts, all of them a beauty. 25€ each. there were some australian tour shirts on sale too, the baby blue with the surfer.
    anyone have pics of the new shirts?
    4/9/06 Lisbon
    5/9/06 Lisbon
    7/9/06 Madrid
    30/06/10 Berlin
  • Options
    earlpjearlpj Posts: 34
    Some of the crappy webcast from last night have already been put on
    youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbO7koaJ_fM
  • Options
    hailhail82 wrote:
    Yeah, that is worse than being angry because of the songs a band chose to play at a show you did not attend (presumably).

i'm not angry about that at all :) i just thinks it's a bad setlist and that was it.
  • Options
    over_bends wrote:
    And why does something said on the internet totally negate it? as opposed to being said "in real life?"

you really take the internet that serious?
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    You take life serious? Why should something over the internet be treated any different than face-to-face? Because now you have the luxury of hiding yourself behind your monitor? Serious shit goes down because of the internet, so yes "the internet" is very serious. You would go on ebay, sell something, take the winner's money, and go "lol the internet, you take it so seriously." Tell countless friendships that have been formed by the internet that its not a serious friendship because "lol the internet." Countless people who are billions because of the internet.

Though those are serious as a clash of opinion in a forum, you are suggesting that everything on the internet shouldn't be taken seriously. Even if thats not what you mean, thats how you're coming across. Whether you hate to admit it, internet has become apart of life. This isn't 1995 anymore, that comeback is void.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Any MP3 of this? Or anything audio that I could download?
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obxJz9rikw4&mode=related&search=

This video was very good,the best i found in you tube...
  • Options
    joyodongojoyodongo Posts: 36
    Well, I was in Lisbon on friday and yesterday in Madrid (my hometown). I must admit that I liked more the Lisbon concert. The setlist was OK; no surprises but I always like to listen to the hits. In Madrid the show was shorter and I missed: Rearviewmirror, Evolution and specially... Better Man. Last year in Madrid they started with it and it was crazy, and this year...no Better Man... pity.
    I was a bit surprised about the enthusiastic reaction of the portuguese people after the famous 'f*ck Madrid'. Anyway, I believe you when you say: 'No problem, no offense'. Well, I told you what happened yesterday in Madrid. When Eddie began to talk and say: 'We're very happy to be in Madrid, blablabla..., but the best thing is... TO BE OUT OF PORTUGAL!!! and the reaction of the public was... complete silence... like thinking: What is this guy saying??!! It seems like someone has tried to convince Eddie to exploit the supposed spanish-portuguese rivalry and, as far as we are concerned (the spaniards), this rivalry doesn't exist. In fact, IMHO, it is affection the actual feeling (at least from the spanish side). So, I think that the joke of being glad for being out of Portugal wasn't specially... brilliant.
    I think that the connection with the public was better in Lisbon. In fact, I think that the ammount of wine drank by Eddie had somehing to do with it. He was very funny... The concert was less serious that other times...
    The sound, in both concerts, was not spectacular, but OK.

Saludos.
    Dublin 23/8/06 - Vitoria 2/9/06 - Madrid 7/9/06
    Lisbon 8/6/07 - Madrid 9/6/07 - London 18/6/07 - Düsseldorf 21/6/07 - Copenhagen 26/6/07
    New York 24/6/08 - New York 25/6/08
    Rotterdam 13/8/09 - Berlin 15/8/09 - Manchester 17/8/09 - London 18/8/09 - Seattle 21/9/09 - Seattle 22/9/09
    Bilbao 9/7/10
  • Options
    Head to the Army Reserve, we have the first installment of Einat's diary, where she chronicles her journey across Europe to see PJ!
    REMEMBER KIDS....