Options

2007-06-08 Passeio Maritimo Alges, Lisbon, POR Setlist Thread

Comments

• Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    Does it not fill you with hope you never dreamed of? Does it not inspire you to run outside in the pouring rain and feel the rain fall on your face and make you feel alive? Does it not make you feel like you could close your eyes and in that very moment you could lift off the ground and fly above the clouds? Does it not make you feel like nothing else matters in this world?

Because i've heard that's how some people feel.

In a word, no. But can i ask you, do you also love Corduroy, as it is another 'classic' that i skip on every boot i own?
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Does it not fill you with hope you never dreamed of? Does it not inspire you to run outside in the pouring rain and feel the rain fall on your face and make you feel alive? Does it not make you feel like you could close your eyes and in that very moment you could lift off the ground and fly above the clouds? Does it not make you feel like nothing else matters in this world?

Because i've heard that's how some people feel.
    thats some deep stuff. LOL
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I'm Gone wrote:
    In a word, no. But can i ask you, do you also love Corduroy, as it is another 'classic' that i skip on every boot i own?

I used to skip it on boots, but after seeing my first bunch of shows last year i fell in love with it again. The intro gets the crowd going and then it just explodes and you can't help but jump! It's one of the best live songs in my opinion.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,210
    I'll take GTF over Corduroy any day.
  • Options
    EvvoEvvo Posts: 193
    Hello Andy :)
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    I'll take GTF over Corduroy any day.

I'll take them both if i can!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    no arguing please... its all good :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,210
    Evvo wrote:
    Hello Andy :)

Sup my brother.

*hand signals*
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    no arguing please... its all good :)

You damn right it's all good! Apart from Foxy Mop, i can't think of a single PJ song that i wouldn't wanna hear at a concert!

• Options
    I used to skip it on boots, but after seeing my first bunch of shows last year i fell in love with it again. The intro gets the crowd going and then it just explodes and you can't help but jump! It's one of the best live songs in my opinion.

I never really appreciate Corduroy live as every time i see it its one of the first 5 songs of the set, and i'm still in holy shit i'm actually watching PJ in concert' mode.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• Options
    I'm Gone wrote:
    I never really appreciate Corduroy live as every time i see it its one of the first 5 songs of the set, and i'm still in holy shit i'm actually watching PJ in concert' mode.

yeah i know what you mean. I think i suffered from that at the Astoria. Well...that and trying to NOT get squashed to death.

• Options
    madsunmadsun Posts: 114
    rvm

ed said something like "see you next year"
  • Options
    That gives us a 17 song main set. I would guess only one Encore now.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• Options
    To Recap:

Soundcheck (2007/06/07): Crazy Mary, Blood, Crown Of Thorns + others...

Main Set: Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Worldwide Suicide, Animal, Small Town, Severed Hand, Even Flow, Big Wave, Daughter, State Of Love And Trust, Life Wasted, Alive, Given To Fly, Why Go?, Betterman, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror

Encore:

Encore 2:

PJ Fashion Update :D Ed still has the beard, but he has a new shirt, Stone is wearing a fedora and is sporting a "rather full beard", Mike has short dark hair, Jeff is wearing baggy pants as opposed to the 3/4 length shorts and still has those black shiny shoes. Matt is, well, Matt.

Thanks to Madsun for the updates :)
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• Options
    I'm Gone wrote:
    That gives us a 17 song main set. I would guess only one Encore now.

Hmmm, maybe that's all she wrote. I can imagine the main set ending with Alive, then the encore is Given to Fly - RVM. But i could be wrong.

• Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Hmmm, maybe that's all she wrote. I can imagine the main set ending with Alive, then the encore is Given to Fly - RVM. But i could be wrong.
    That would have been my guess too. A clarification would be nice.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options

I would be inclined to agree, but that would make this the shortest 'proper' PJ show since about 93/94, although with a festival, you never know...
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• Options
    black
  • Options
    madsun wrote:
    black

there's our answer.

• Options
    madsun wrote:
    black

Can't have enough Ten in my opinion...
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    pretty much a standard PJ set so far, but it´s indeed a pretty cool festival set!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I think he's said that in every concert they've ever played :P

At least in the last 5 years anyway :)
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• Options
    dkfan9dkfan9 Posts: 75
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I think he's said that in every concert they've ever played :P

lol, that sounds about right.
    dkfan9
  • Options
    dityfrankdityfrank Posts: 15
    Red Mosquito forum has:

Main Set: Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Worldwide Suicide, Animal, Small Town, Severed Hand, Even Flow, Big Wave, Daughter, State Of Love And Trust, Life Wasted, Alive
    Encore 1: Given To Fly, Why Go, Betterman, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror, Black
  • Options
    dityfrank wrote:
    Red Mosquito forum has:

Main Set: Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Worldwide Suicide, Animal, Small Town, Severed Hand, Even Flow, Big Wave, Daughter, State Of Love And Trust, Life Wasted, Alive

They have taken that from here, and its just guesswork. It could be right, but i don't see PJ playing a 12 song main set.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• Options
    dkfan9dkfan9 Posts: 75
    dityfrank wrote:
    Red Mosquito forum has:

their thread is based off of this one, they just guessed Alive as the main set closer since that's a position it commonly holds.

edit: beat me to it
    dkfan9
  • Options
    ritfw

ed made the bush mask and a devil one kiss each other
  • Options
    EvvoEvvo Posts: 193
    dkfan9 wrote:
    their thread is based off of this one, they just guessed Alive as the main set closer since that's a position it commonly holds.

edit: beat me to it

you mocking my set list?? :P
  • Options
    madsun wrote:
    ritfw

Good to see Ed's not warming to Bush in the last six months :D
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• Options
    madsun wrote:
    ritfw

ahhh, good ol' Ed up to his usual tricks.