Options

2007-06-12 Olympiahalle, Munich, DEU Setlist Thread

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Sweet setlist. I wonder If Wembley will beat it?
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    very nice setlist !
    Sometimes ! I wish they will play it in Copenhagen or Werchter...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    The main part of Daughter can be tiresome because it is repeated so many times, but the anticipation of the tag is the best part and still makes me want to here Daughter

I was wondering how and why her feet wouldn't be on the floor. I mean she looks me in the eye when I stand next to her and I'm 6'1"! I hope she is in decent shape or she'll be very sore tomorrow, but that's ok.

Yep, the tag is the best part... I do enjoy that.

Her feet weren't on the floor because of the crush of the crowd.... she said it was a bit crazy, and was about to duck out 3/4 of the way in, but then got a second wind and just went with it. Said it was awesome... and well worth it. She's probably half way to Poland by now... resting up for a rockin' show in Katowice!

I'm hoping her phone still has some juice left for the Poland show, so I can play along.

By the way Mooks, it sucks that you can't post while at work.
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Sweet setlist. I wonder If Wembley will beat it?

Big B.. Wembley is 'ours'.. of course Wembley will beat it :p
  • Options
    RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    I'm Gone wrote:
    Soundcheck:
    Love Reign O'er Me (Boom Solo), Sad, Sometimes, Inside Job, Love Reign O'er Me, Present Tense, Unemployable, Save You, God's Dice, Gone

Main Set:
    Sometimes, Porch, Why Go?, God's Dice, Given To Fly, Dissident, Severed Hand, Small Town, Sad, Unemployable, Even Flow, I Got Shit, Whipping, Down, Present Tense, Save You, Rearviewmirror

Encore:
    Inside Job, Do The Evolution, Betterman/(Save It For Later), Alive

Encore 2:
    No More War (Ed Solo), Footsteps, Throw Your Hatred Down, Blood, Baba O' Riley

Lucky Deutschland!

fuckin cool setlist!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    is that soundcheck serious?

Imagine: You be there early to pick up your TC tix and for this effort you get the chance to hear them already early in the afternoon.
    doors to the venue were open and they did a 45 minutes sound check while we were standing in line for our tickets.

Already back then I thought it can't get any better...
    ..but still, it did!

My seventh PJ gig but the setlist and the play this time beated nearly all other gigs before.
    I know you always say: this one is the best, after you enjoyed a show,
    but the Munich gig WAS indeed increadible!
    The chosen songs, the twists in the lyrics, the forever going on SOLOS, the perfect played rock'n roll... ahhh, just so wonderful.

Ed did not talk at all, but they just played... many rarities, new songs,
    songs on fire and songs that touched your heart,
    songs with a meaning and songs that delivered the message right in your head.

(f.e.: NO MORE WAR with a PEACE SIGN T-Shirt on and the seriousness+sadness of the lyrics pointed out in every word so clearly... just so lovely :) ,
    or: safe it for later, a version that let you trust now on another gig/meeting soon happening one fine day )

Even so the venue was indeed nearly only 60 % full, the audience and the band were ONE and just on fire. ... Munich was a surprise, the people supporting and the band playing this city for the first time... wow.

My cousin who was at his first PJ gig ever said afterwards: I thought you never can get high without drugs and sex, but I AM so HIGH! :)
    it was one of the best three concerts ever seen in my life
    (and he knew only a quarter of the songs !!!).

and I?
    I know I never will touch my friends,
    but I hope and wish they will be around in playing music for longer,
    hopefully for way way longer,
    cause they are so needed! (and not only in my personal life)
    as they just spread happiness, wisdom, LOVE and fullfilling.

... and that is all that counts to me as it keeps me going, too.

Thanks PJ, so much!
    and please:
    viva Pearl Jam.

:)

and p.s. They came in Peace and showed that Peace is the WAY!
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    decent- good to see sometimes back in there! been awhile (not counting SF hehe)..
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Wow, that setlist is awesome. Definitely one of the best I've seen.

But still no Love Reign O'er Me? I'm hoping they'll play it in London...
    Leeds 25/08/06
    Berlin 23/09/06
    London 18/6/07
  • Options
    Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    pass me that setlist......its the one that says bad ass muthaf**ker on it!

awesome set.....an indication of the kind of show we may get in London I wonder?

Hopefully Breath won't turn up on any of the sets before London.....I want that to be our rarity :)
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Options
    If you check out the web cam from the arena, you can see the WHO stage getting set up now for tonights show
    2004 - 10/1, 10/11
    2005 - 9/15, 9/16, 9/30, 10/1, 10/3
    2006 - 5/5, 5/12, 5/13, 5/27, 5/28, 5/30, 6/1, 6/3, 6/23, 7/22, 7/23, 12/2
    2007 - 6/27, 8/3
    2008 - 6/14, 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/24, 6/25, 6/27, 6/28, 6/30, 7/1
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Does it normally take the official site this long to put up setlists?
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    I have amended the first post, as Kat has labelled Ed's new song No More in the fanview thread, as i originally thought, not No More War.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    Beetle19Beetle19 Posts: 16
    (...) and they did a 45 minutes sound check while we were standing in line for our tickets.

because of the length of the soundcheck and considering that it was the first REAL show of the tour, we actually hoped, they would play their asses off in a 3-hour-show.... - well, the setlist absolutely compensated for that "missing hour"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (...) Ed did not talk at all, but they just played...

- well, early in the set he promised he'd try some german again once he'd be more drunk.... seems he left the stage comparatively sober this time. We guessed that he intended to get drunk later, with Pete Townshend....
    Too sad, that Pete didn't show up for a glass or two onstage ;-((

Absolutely fantastic show, i got soaking wet in less than 20 minutes!!!!

And I love that "We come in peace" shirt! Reminds me of Ed's comment last year in England or in Ireland, when he said something like "Usually we come to a country and we conquer it!" ;-))

Can't wait until London!!!!!!
    "Thanks for the love - we love you back!" (Ed V. in Verona 2006)

Europe 2006:
    16/09/06 Verona
    20/09/06 Pistoia
    23/09/06 Berlin

Europe 2007:
    12/06/07 Munich
    18/06/07 London
    21/06/07 Düsseldorf
    24/06/07 Hurricane Festival
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Didn't take a look at all the comments today but this set-list rivals any from the '06 Tour. Maybe even better.
    #FHP