Options

They Are Filming!!!!!! Yay!!!

Comments

• Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I really don't think they would release a 2nd Live At The Garden just (5) years later.
  • Options
    PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    wouldn't it be great if decades from now, they release everything ever filmed?
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    wouldn't it be great if decades from now, they release everything ever filmed?

THAT my friend would be the ultimate DVD collection.... :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    brainofjbbrainofjb Boston Posts: 381
    I really don't think they would release a 2nd Live At The Garden just (5) years later.

they wouldnt be able to play any of the same songs as msg 1
    that would be crazy!!
    There's the moon asking to stay
    Long enough for the clouds to fly me away
  • Options
    PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    THAT my friend would be the ultimate DVD collection.... :D

I think they will, when they are no longer touring and doing this, it will be good for all of us with no tour to follow
  • Options
    an house of the MSG on TV would be great though :)

True, and I had forgotten this until your post, but the MSG channel (which usually plays sports like Rangers and Knicks games, and other local NYC sports) also plays concert events from the Garden. They had a great hour-long portion of the Foo Fighters show a few months ago, and since I wanted to see that show but couldn't go, it was at least something. I would imagine they would have clips from one or both (or the best of both) MSG shows put into an hour long TV show as well. Yay! :-)

You may need to be in the NY metro area to get the MSG channel, though.
    2003: New York, NY I and II (MSG), Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
    2005: Philadelphia, PA (Wachovia Center)
    2006: E. Rutherford, NJ II (Continental Airlines Arena)
    2008: Camden, NJ II (Susquehanna Bank Center)
    2010: Newark, NJ (Prudential Center)
  • Options
    I was having a little pity party as to my poor planning too! I even posted so on the setlist thread! I've always wanted to see PJ at MSG, but lots of things happened the last few months and I wasn't able to plan accordingly.

So it goes! Ya know!

Then I read this and made a perspective change. I've been lucky to see PJ 16 times and a few times had some great seats, 4th row center in chicago may 17, 2006 and seventh row center at alpine 03. No matter where I sit or see PJ it always, always lifts my spirit!

When the DVD comes out (hopefully so) ElaineBenes, know I'll be rockin' out in spirit with ya!

I'm with ya! Gratitude is best for the great shows we've seen. :-)
    2003: New York, NY I and II (MSG), Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
    2005: Philadelphia, PA (Wachovia Center)
    2006: E. Rutherford, NJ II (Continental Airlines Arena)
    2008: Camden, NJ II (Susquehanna Bank Center)
    2010: Newark, NJ (Prudential Center)
  • Options
    if there are big screens that have the band shown on them they have to tell you they're "filming".
  • Options
    pateljampateljam Posts: 340
    A friend just texted me to tell me that there is big signs all over that place that say " THERE WILL BE FILMING TAKING PLACE TONIGHT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE FILMED DO NOT ENTER THE ARENA"

FUCK YEAH !!!! I smell Live @ The Garden II :D

PS: I didn't see those signs in any of the other venues so this must be special!!!! :)

Am I the only one on this board who thinks the MSG DVD was just okay... I think touring band was so much better
    2000-10-28 San Bernardino
    2003-06-02 Irvine
    2003-10-26 Mountain View-Bridge School
    2006-07-09 Los Angeles
    2006-07-10 Los Angeles
    2006-10-22 Mountain View- Bridge School
    2008-07-19 UCLA-Who Rock Honors
    2009-10-1 Los Angeles-2
    2009-10-9 San Diego
  • Options
    jessejesse Posts: 170
    pateljam wrote:
    Am I the only one on this board who thinks the MSG DVD was just okay... I think touring band was so much better

i couldnt agree more
  • Options
    pateljam wrote:

Well eventhough I'm biased I do prefer TB better than LATG, LATG was filmed on my 25th birthday and I was in attendance so its very special DVD for me, but as far as the DVD is concerned I do prefer TB as far as live show is concerned...

it's hard to pick actually because The Showbox was amazing too, but I dont know if I like it as much as I do because I was there and I remember how passionate Ed seemed when he sang that night or because the DVD is just that good...

Out of 5 DVD's released SVT is my favorite.... :D
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329

I just thought the same thing.

Releasing another DVD from the same venue would be a tad 'off'. Not only does it lack creativity, it kinda says 'hey! we sold a lot of these before, lets see if we can do it again!"

With that being said, maybe we're finally going to get the 'big, bold, free' thing?
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    Well eventhough I'm biased I do prefer TB better than LATG, LATG was filmed on my 25th birthday and I was in attendance so its very special DVD for me, but as far as the DVD is concerned I do prefer TB as far as live show is concerned...

it's hard to pick actually because The Showbox was amazing too, but I dont know if I like it as much as I do because I was there and I remember how passionate Ed seemed when he sang that night or because the DVD is just that good...

Out of 5 DVD's released SVT is my favorite.... :D

yep yep. btw, I might have a gift for ya Urs :)
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    stylo17 wrote:
    yep yep. btw, I might have a gift for ya Urs :)

For moi'? :D
  • Options
    It would be cool if they released one of the show from this tour on DVD AND another Lost Dogs-esque album. That would be cool.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    whome13whome13 Posts: 72
    hobbes wrote:
    if there are big screens that have the band shown on them they have to tell you they're "filming".

According to that theory, they would have to tell you that before every concert and every sporting event. I've never seen any signs before in all of the things I've been to. I'd say the MSG channel is a good bet, or some sort of tour highlight DVD like with IIC.
  • Options
    thebends9thebends9 Posts: 513
    That same sign was up for Coldplay last night at MSG
    '98 - MSG 
    '00 - Jones Beach (x2)
    '03 - Nassau Coliseum/Tweeter Center/ MSG (x2)
    '04 - Reading, PA
    '05 - Wachovia Center
    '06 - Irving Plaza; Continental Airlines Arena (x2)
    '08 - MSG (x2); Beacon Theater
    '09 - Philly Spectrum (x2)
    '10 - XL Center; Prudential Center; MSG (x2)
    '11 - Alpine Valley (x2)
    '12 - Made In America
    '13 - Wrigley Field; DCU Center; Barclay Center (x2); Wells Fargo Center; XL Center
    '15 - Ed Sullivan Theater
    '16 - MSG (x2)
    '17 - Barclay Center (R&RHOF)
    '18 - Fenway Park
    '22 - MSG
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Don't they film every show?
  • Options
    Don't they film every show?

Yeah they do, but I guess I just haven't seen these signs before somehow I've missed them I guess my friend has never seen them either so when she texted me I thought it was something special... we concluded is not,on this thread :)
  • Options
    NYCslackerNYCslacker Posts: 54
    I saw the signs and they said FUSE Network but I think all of it, the Garden, the MSG Channel and Fuse, are all owned by Cablevision so could end up on either network. Fuse also has a big street level studio across from the Garden so maybe it's a regular feature to highlight artists playing at MSG.
  • Options
    fishbucketfishbucket Posts: 41
    yeah I was about to say the same thing... the signs specifically said that Fuse was taping the show. So this seems to be totally different than whatever usual PJ recording goes on. I, also, didn't notice these signs at Camden, but they were easy to see at MSG.
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    at msg?
    I didn't see any signs

don't they film all shows?

A friend just texted me to tell me that there is big signs all over that place that say " THERE WILL BE FILMING TAKING PLACE TONIGHT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE FILMED DO NOT ENTER THE ARENA"

FUCK YEAH !!!! I smell Live @ The Garden II :D

PS: I didn't see those signs in any of the other venues so this must be special!!!! :)
  • Options
    at msg?
    I didn't see any signs

don't they film all shows?

Yeah tonight.. I wasn't there I got a text message... I guess my friend hadn't seen those signs in DC nor in Camden so it caught her attention, couple people have posted that it seems those were FUSE signs ... but I wouldn't be able to tell you as I was sitting home following the setlist.
  • Options
    I think i have the answer to this mystery of the sign. If you live in or around New York then you probably get the MSG network (yes the owners of the Garden have their own network) and they broadcast sporting events and concerts and such that go on there. Recently in honor of the MSG shows they have been playing Live At The Garden. So i believe this may be what is going on and confusing people. Still, one can hope for another Garden DVD....
    If God resides in all of us like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas. Cuz man, thats what he's getting.

They said that timing was everything
    Made him want to be everywhere
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    I think i have the answer to this mystery of the sign. If you live in or around New York then you probably get the MSG network (yes the owners of the Garden have their own network) and they broadcast sporting events and concerts and such that go on there. Recently in honor of the MSG shows they have been playing Live At The Garden. So i believe this may be what is going on and confusing people. Still, one can hope for another Garden DVD....

Well that makes sense.... at this point I'll take any DVD, a mix a la TB would be great!
  • Options
    Ok, well i posted before i read all of the other replies and seems like a lot of you had the same notions as I. Way to beat a dead horse, eh? Remember kids, reading is fundamental!
    If God resides in all of us like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas. Cuz man, thats what he's getting.

They said that timing was everything
    Made him want to be everywhere
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere...
  • Options
    LeilaMoonTurtleLeilaMoonTurtle Posts: 1,422
    fuse is across the street cant be that , I think pj records all shows, plus the venue recordds everything sooo...

Yeah tonight.. I wasn't there I got a text message... I guess my friend hadn't seen those signs in DC nor in Camden so it caught her attention, couple people have posted that it seems those were FUSE signs ... but I wouldn't be able to tell you as I was sitting home following the setlist.
  • Options
    fuse is across the street cant be that , I think pj records all shows, plus the venue recordds everything sooo...

I'm not sure... I guess it's a mystery at this point - LOL

I know PJ records all of their shows but I have never seen signs that tell me to stay out of the venue if I dont want to be filmed... who knows?

I have no idea who the owners of those signs were - ha!
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,329

Fuse was the big filmer at Bonnaroo.

That would make perfect sense, really.

A big, bad Fuse thing.
  • Options
    NYCslackerNYCslacker Posts: 54
    It most likely is a show called FUSE ROCKS THE GARDEN. Foo Fighters and The Cure have been featured so they must be planning one for Pearl Jam.

http://www.fuse.tv/ontv/shows/fuse-rocks-the-garden/