Options

They Are Filming!!!!!! Yay!!!

Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
A friend just texted me to tell me that there is big signs all over that place that say " THERE WILL BE FILMING TAKING PLACE TONIGHT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE FILMED DO NOT ENTER THE ARENA"

FUCK YEAH !!!! I smell Live @ The Garden II :D

PS: I didn't see those signs in any of the other venues so this must be special!!!! :)
"Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    I was at a Neil Young Show and they did the same thing and what a pain in the ass. Lots of rules.
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    well then whoever spell checked those signs should be fired :)
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    very cool- thanks for posting! I'm not sure because I wasn't there, but I remember someone saying that they had the same signs up at the Gorge, but as we all know, nothing came out from that. Is this true?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    pjpitt89 wrote:
    well then whoever spell checked those signs should be fired :)

fixed ;)
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    very cool- thanks for posting! I'm not sure because I wasn't there, but I remember someone saying that they had the same signs up at the Gorge, but as we all know, nothing came out from that. Is this true?

I don't know about that, I didn't see the signs at the Gorge but then again with that really long 10C line I missed 3 songs and I ran as fast I could to my seats as soon as I entered, but I hope this means we will get some kind of DVD like we did on 2003.
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least one can live vicariously through the DVD!!!
    Yeah!!! Thanks, that made my night! Sure hope it comes true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011

ditto! Thanks for the post
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    I can't believe I'm so excited about these shows and I'm not even there... LOL (what a loser!) ha! :o

Well I have a lot of very good friends in attendance and my very good friend AccBootlegGoddess got 2nd row seats so I'm more than happy for her :)

I hope they have an AWESOME time tonight and that we do get a DVD outta this! :)
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I hope it's the first PJ concert on Blue Ray!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    webcast?!?!

a guy can dream :o:D
  • Options

Good point. I was sitting here, feeling a little sad that I couldn't get tix to MSG tonight (saw both MSG shows in '03, Holmdel a week later, 2 in '06, Camden II last Friday), but your post puts it into perspective. I can see the DVD when it comes out.

I was lucky enough to see the real "Live at the Garden" for my first ever PJ show, after being a fan from the beginning ('91), I finally joined the TenClub and got tickets in '03. For MSG I in '03 to be my first show, I was spoiled, but really, PJ never puts on a bad show.

I can't wait for the boots to come out!
    2003: New York, NY I and II (MSG), Holmdel, NJ (PNC Bank Arts Center)
    2005: Philadelphia, PA (Wachovia Center)
    2006: E. Rutherford, NJ II (Continental Airlines Arena)
    2008: Camden, NJ II (Susquehanna Bank Center)
    2010: Newark, NJ (Prudential Center)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    woo-hoo!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    LordchezzLordchezz Posts: 201
    Possibly a Garden-Mansfield split for the DVD? ;)
    Saw things so much clearer...Montreal 2000; Montreal 2003; Montreal 2005; Ottawa 2005; Halifax 2005; Mansfield 1 08; Mansfield 2 08
  • Options
    Lordchezz wrote:
    Possibly a Garden-Mansfield split for the DVD? ;)

That would be super awesome as I'm heading to Mansfield on Saturday! :D
  • Options
    cableguy119cableguy119 Posts: 114
    They had those signs in camden and DC as they are making 3 songs from each show available at pearljamconcerts.com or something like that so you can get the clips onto your phone or something as part of the Verizon Promotions.

I am not trying to burst your bubbles on that but they did have those signs at the other venues.
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    They had those signs in camden and DC as they are making 3 songs from each show available at pearljamconcerts.com or something like that so you can get the clips onto your phone or something as part of the Verizon Promotions.

I am not trying to burst your bubbles on that but they did have those signs at the other venues.
    I thought the verizon thing was just audio?

But we could see another IIC or touring band type thing though.
  • Options
    That would be super awesome as I'm heading to Mansfield on Saturday! :D

Im there for both...and will be proposing to my long time girlfriend :D
    Saw things so much clearer...Montreal 2000; Montreal 2003; Montreal 2005; Ottawa 2005; Halifax 2005; Mansfield 1 08; Mansfield 2 08
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Good point. I was sitting here, feeling a little sad that I couldn't get tix to MSG tonight (saw both MSG shows in '03, Holmdel a week later, 2 in '06, Camden II last Friday), but your post puts it into perspective. I can see the DVD when it comes out.

I was lucky enough to see the real "Live at the Garden" for my first ever PJ show, after being a fan from the beginning ('91), I finally joined the TenClub and got tickets in '03. For MSG I in '03 to be my first show, I was spoiled, but really, PJ never puts on a bad show.

I can't wait for the boots to come out!

I was having a little pity party as to my poor planning too! I even posted so on the setlist thread! I've always wanted to see PJ at MSG, but lots of things happened the last few months and I wasn't able to plan accordingly.

So it goes! Ya know!

Then I read this and made a perspective change. I've been lucky to see PJ 16 times and a few times had some great seats, 4th row center in chicago may 17, 2006 and seventh row center at alpine 03. No matter where I sit or see PJ it always, always lifts my spirit!

When the DVD comes out (hopefully so) ElaineBenes, know I'll be rockin' out in spirit with ya!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    Lordchezz wrote:
    Im there for both...and will be proposing to my long time girlfriend :D

that is awesome!!! Congratulations :)
  • Options

yeah that's for all shows, those are audio though, and it has nothing to do with people being in the show or not.

I didn't see any signs in WPB, TPA and Camden that said that you should stay out of the arena if you don't want to be filmed.

My friend says the signs advising people that filming will take place are all over the place.... I guess that takes the liability off of them if you appear on the footage if it ends up being released, as they can't get signed releases for everyone in attendance, so by hanging those signs you are agreeing to being filmed and them using your likeness without your written consent.
  • Options
    There are some videos on the verizon website...part of the Who tribute promotion...

Those looks like they are from this tour...

They're just clips, nothing solid. Very high quality as well.
  • Options
    Lordchezz wrote:
    There are some videos on the verizon website...part of the Who tribute promotion...

Those looks like they are from this tour...

They're just clips, nothing solid. Very high quality as well.

I havent seen those... Ima check them out.... I hope that's not it though..

I just can't remember seeing any sings in at the 3 venues that I've been too that said I should stay out the venue if I didnt want to be filmed... which is what caught my friend's attention about those signs when she texted me, as she hadn't seen those signs in Camden or DC either...
  • Options
    PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    they had those at the shows I was at (you too urs)

I'm pretty sure they film every tour
  • Options
    dserverdserver Posts: 25
    Don't get too pumped. I just saw the Cure at the msg on Friday and they filmed that too only to play an hour of the show on Fuse.
    Hartford 06
    Hartford 08
    Hartford 10
  • Options
    they had those at the shows I was at (you too urs)

I'm pretty sure they film every tour

FUCK! I dont remember those at all.... really? they said you should stay out if you didnt want to be filmed?

i know they film all of the shows going by previous years, but I dont remember the signs at all.... :(

but then again I dont remember those damn Ponchos either and they were BRIGHT yellow!!! LOL! :p
  • Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    There was signs at the Gorge. And I have been to many PJ shows that have had those signs up. Not posted all around like this sounds, but at the door.

I am not trying to be a downer.........I hope every show goes to DVD, but this is nothing that new in concerts, or many public gatherings today.
  • Options
    dserver wrote:
    Don't get too pumped. I just saw the Cure at the msg on Friday and they filmed that too only to play an hour of the show on Fuse.

an hour of the MSG on TV would be great though :)
  • Options
    PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    FUCK! I dont remember those at all.... really? they said you should stay out if you didnt want to be filmed?

i know they film all of the shows going by previous years, but I dont remember the signs at all.... :(

but then again I dont remember those damn Ponchos either and they were BRIGHT yellow!!! LOL! :p

I'm sure of it, Ross pointed them out to me at WPB
  • Options
    prince119 wrote:
    There was signs at the Gorge. And I have been to many PJ shows that have had those signs up. Not posted all around like this sounds, but at the door.

I am not trying to be a downer.........I hope every show goes to DVD, but this is nothing that new in concerts, or many public gatherings today.

Some in Mtl in 03...same result...

Maybe they just like to catalog the shows?
  • Options
    Lordchezz wrote:
    Some in Mtl in 03...same result...

Maybe they just like to catalog the shows?

Well I think its been known for some time that they film all of their shows, but for some reason I have never seen those signs before....so I thought they were special tonight when I got the txt :( silly me I guess :o