Options

IDIOT SPORTS FANS

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    JK_Livin wrote:

Jesus christ…what the fuck is wrong with people?? That is disturbing.

Hmmm... Perhaps I'll rethink that trip to Fenway I was planning next year to see the Cubbies.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html

him and the wife.... :lol: why she waste that beer is beyond me
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    Nami wrote:

I was at that game last night. What a couple of morons. Hilarious how drunk that guy was and then he puts on the helmet.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Nami wrote:

I was at that game last night. What a couple of morons. Hilarious how drunk that guy was and then he puts on the helmet.

I was watching it on Game Center and just shook my head when she dumped the beer. The helmet thing would've been funny if Pardy had just lost it and the guy picked it up, but he literally grabbed it off his head! Not cool.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    Nami wrote:

I was watching it on Game Center and just shook my head when she dumped the beer. The helmet thing would've been funny if Pardy had just lost it and the guy picked it up, but he literally grabbed it off his head! Not cool.

i thought that's what made it funny. you just see this hand come flying in to grab it :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    suddenly a new contender has emerged as the biggest idiot sports fan. look at this numb nuts trying to slide down a railing at the Bills game yesterday. not a mensa member there :fp:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/1 ... 93507.html
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    suddenly a new contender has emerged as the biggest idiot sports fan. look at this numb nuts trying to slide down a railing at the Bills game yesterday. not a mensa member there :fp:

heard about this on the radio this morning... man ol man ...
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    and here's a video of an idiot running onto the field in chicago during a weather delay:

http://deadspin.com/heres-video-of-the- ... 1466273164
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    and here's a video of an idiot running onto the field in chicago during a weather delay:

lol those are classic... love the old ones where they get tackled
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    pjhawks wrote:

:shock:
  • Options

the only person in the world that can pull off rain delay fan shenanigans is bill fucking murray: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4t3dVd9Fhs
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    JK_Livin wrote:
    “The irresponsible behavior that occurred at yesterday’s game by the fan who fell from the upper deck is a violation of our Fan Code of Conduct and cannot, and will not, be tolerated,” Brandon said in the statement.

If I was the fan I would call B.S. and ask him to show me specifically where it states you are prohibited from sliding down a handrail backwards and then plummenting from the upper deck into the stands and fans below.

:geek:
  • Options
    yesterday's award goes to...... these bears fans!

http://deadspin.com/footrace-between-dr ... socialflow
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

congratulations chicago. 2 weeks in a row!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    rival. wrote:

That's gold, Jerry! Gold!

:lol:
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    Bump

Stupid people everywhere man...

If i could live, for just one day, in someone else's head... It would be that of an idiot.

I just DON'T understand! Seriously man. What makes someone think, ok, ill go down the bleachers at a public baseball or football game, argue with a complete stranger, and then proceed to fist fight that person only to get arrested, miss the rest of the game, pay a fine, likely be banned from the stadium...

What thoughts do these people have?

And what posses them to say, ok, let's do it...

I just don't understand it.
  • Options
    someone was murdered at the chiefs game today:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/12/1 ... oncos-2013
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    Sister: Deadly shooting was over 'Bama loss

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - A woman charged with killing a fellow Alabama fan after the end of last weekend's Iron Bowl football game was angry that the victim and others didn't seem upset over the Crimson Tide's loss to archrival Auburn, said the sister of the slain woman.

Adrian Laroze Briskey, 28, was charged Monday with murder in the killing of 36-year-old Michelle Shepherd.

Hoover police Capt. Jim Coker said both Birmingham women were Alabama fans and at the same party for the annual game between interstate rivals. With no time left on the clock, Auburn returned a missed Crimson Tide field goal more than 100 yards for a 34-28 victory, dashing any hopes of Alabama playing for a third straight national championship.

The victim's sister, Nekesa Shepherd, said she witnessed the killing and had no doubt it was about football, even though it was unclear to investigators whether the violence was motivated by the game.

"That's one of the things we are investigating," Coker said Monday.

Nekesa Shepherd said Briskey flew into a rage when she saw the sisters and others joking that the Crimson Tide's loss wasn't as bad as if the NBA's Miami Heat had lost a game.

"She said we weren't real Alabama fans because it didn't bother us that they lost. And then she started shooting," Shepherd told The Associated Press.

Shepherd said she and her sister were invited to the party by a mutual friend who also invited Briskey. About two dozen people were on hand.

Shepherd, the mother of three, was shot to death in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover and the women did not know each other before the party, Coker said.

Court records were not available to show whether Briskey has a lawyer. She has only had a couple of speeding tickets in the past, records show.

Coker said alcohol might have been involved, but investigators are awaiting the results of toxicology tests to make a determination.

Shepherd said Briskey drank multiple shots of liquor during the game and "went crazy" when she heard people joking after 'Bama lost.

"It was over a football game," said Shepherd. "I'm never going to forget it because she died in my arms."
    http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268750/conten ... d=qiBju9sa
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    norm wrote:

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - A woman charged with killing a fellow Alabama fan after the end of last weekend's Iron Bowl football game was angry that the victim and others didn't seem upset over the Crimson Tide's loss to archrival Auburn, said the sister of the slain woman.

Adrian Laroze Briskey, 28, was charged Monday with murder in the killing of 36-year-old Michelle Shepherd.

Hoover police Capt. Jim Coker said both Birmingham women were Alabama fans and at the same party for the annual game between interstate rivals. With no time left on the clock, Auburn returned a missed Crimson Tide field goal more than 100 yards for a 34-28 victory, dashing any hopes of Alabama playing for a third straight national championship.

The victim's sister, Nekesa Shepherd, said she witnessed the killing and had no doubt it was about football, even though it was unclear to investigators whether the violence was motivated by the game.

Nekesa Shepherd said Briskey flew into a rage when she saw the sisters and others joking that the Crimson Tide's loss wasn't as bad as if the NBA's Miami Heat had lost a game.

"She said we weren't real Alabama fans because it didn't bother us that they lost. And then she started shooting," Shepherd told The Associated Press.

Shepherd said she and her sister were invited to the party by a mutual friend who also invited Briskey. About two dozen people were on hand.

Shepherd, the mother of three, was shot to death in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the Birmingham suburb of Hoover and the women did not know each other before the party, Coker said.

Court records were not available to show whether Briskey has a lawyer. She has only had a couple of speeding tickets in the past, records show.

Coker said alcohol might have been involved, but investigators are awaiting the results of toxicology tests to make a determination.

Shepherd said Briskey drank multiple shots of liquor during the game and "went crazy" when she heard people joking after 'Bama lost.

"It was over a football game," said Shepherd. "I'm never going to forget it because she died in my arms."
    wtf..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    norm wrote:

wtf..

And again... Alcohol flows freely EVERYWHERE... And marajuana is illegal almost everywhere.

Never heard of someone smoking a few and then killing people in car accidents, or fights or anger from pot...

Them damn old outdated laws strike again.

And what's funny is the alcohol is an afterthought. They may have been drunk... You think??

Keep it classy sports fans.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You know what really chaps my ass? People in Philadelphia crying at their reputation at the drop of a hat. They sound like a bunch of fucking babies every time something happens. As we speak the headline on ESPN.com is "Fans hail hurt Schaub's exit". So no, it is not the national media only acting like these type of things only happen in Philadelphia, it is Philadelphia fans perpetuating the stereotype by crying about it every time something happens somewhere else in the country.

San Francisco has recently been labeled has having major security issues. Brian Stow got plenty of attention for well over a year. Yankees fans still get shit about "spitting" on Cliff Lee's wife. There have been stories everywhere about idiot fans. So stop crying about Philadelphia (Philadelphia in general, not you specifically) when something like this happens. It has nothing to do with you. I bet if this city dropped the put upon act, you'd see a lot less attention to the nonsense that happens here.

Dude, I'm from philly and I agree with this wholeheartedly. Especially eagles fans who are the worst group of sports fans on the planet. They act like animals then play the victim after they do stupid shit (which happens all the fucking time because most of them are uneducated neanderthals wearing shit like kevin turner jerseys)

Yes, sports fans do dumb shit everywhere. It just happens way more frequently in philly than it does anywhere else. The Philly Sports Fan Stereotype is well earned and deserved.

Weird that this story was omitted from this thread....(btw, most eagle fans are happy about this reputation...they're 99% ass hole)

December 11, 2013
    PHILADELPHIA A Michigan native who has lived in Philadelphia for two years says he was harassed and beaten unconscious by a group of Eagles fans outside Lincoln Financial Field after the Eagles' 34-20 victory over the Detroit Lions on Sunday.

The 33-year-old Center City business owner, who spoke on condition that he not be identified, said a half-dozen men in Eagles gear targeted him - first with snowballs and other projectiles, then with fists and kicks - because of his Lions jersey and ball cap.

The man, who lives in Bella Vista with his fiancee, said he was treated at a hospital Monday for a concussion and minor injuries. He said doctors also examined him for internal injuries after he urinated blood Sunday.

Capt. Laurence Nodiff, commander of South Detectives, said detectives took the man's statement Monday morning and were searching for surveillance footage that might have captured the alleged beating.

"These despicable attacks on fans who are rooting for other teams is something we don't take lightly, and we're not going to tolerate it," Nodiff said.

The alleged attack occurred around 4:30 p.m., as the man walked to the SEPTA station at Broad Street and Pattison Avenue to catch a train home. He gave this account:

As he walked along Pattison near the Xfinity Live complex, a group of men in their 20s in Eagles jerseys began shouting and throwing snowballs at him.

"I tried to keep my head down and avoid them," he said. "I didn't want to give them the satisfaction."

As he crossed the street, heading toward the train, six of the men blocked his path and continued to scream at him.

"I was like, 'Are you guys serious? You won, enjoy it.' "

The smallest man slapped his head from the side. Another man then pushed him from behind, and the group bum-rushed him, he said.

To defend himself, he threw a punch and brought one of his attackers to the ground. But then he felt punches to the back of his head, he said: "I felt like I was being choked and punched."

That's when he lost consciousness, he said.

When he came to, sore and bruised, another Eagles fan was standing over him, offering help, he said. "He stayed with me and walked me toward SEPTA."

The man remembered the Good Samaritan being so disgusted over what he had witnessed that he took off his Eagles jersey and threw it in a trash can.

"He said he was tired of these Eagles fans and the way they are," the man said.

Nodiff said investigators had sparse descriptions of the attackers: white men in their 20s wearing Eagles jerseys. He asked any witnesses to call South Detectives at 215-686-3013.

The man said the Barry Sanders jersey his fiancee had brought him made him a target for abuse during the entire game.

His first-row seats behind the Eagles bench were no refuge, he said, with fans throwing snowballs and other things at him all afternoon.

A friend who accompanied him to the game left early, he said.

He said he tries not to judge a city by the actions of its sports fans. But days like Sunday make it difficult, he said.

"I am a loyal fan," he said of the Lions. "I travel all over for games, and my worst experiences are with people here in Philadelphia."
  • Options
    ...and the hits just keep coming. 3 people were stabbed in the parking lot after the chargers/broncos game.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... z2nYQDLC2K

3 stabbed in fight after Broncos-Chargers game

December 13, 2013, 12:51 a.m.
    DENVER — At least three people were stabbed in a parking lot at Sports Authority Stadium Field at Mile High after the Denver Broncos' game Thursday night.

Police spokesman Steve Warneke said three males were stabbed, and a fourth may have been stabbed, but that person left the scene.

Police have several people in custody and are not looking for other suspects. None had been formally charged as of just after midnight.

Police say the incident was called in at 9:55 p.m.

Warneke described the scene as “very chaotic” and said police don't know what led up to the fight. He said police did not know whether the men had attended the game.

The Denver Post reports there were multiple witnesses.

Warneke said one person was initially in critical condition, but all are conscious and talking

Stadium Management Co. issued an email stating that it is working with authorities.

The Broncos lost 27-20 to the San Diego Chargers.

The stabbing Thursday is just one of several recent incidents involving football fans.

Earlier this month in Kansas City, Mo., a man died after an altercation in the Arrowhead Stadium parking lot during Kansas City's game against Denver.

In September in San Francisco, a teenage fan suffered a concussion and a broken arm and nose at Candlestick Park after police say he was attacked during the 49ers' game against Indianapolis.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow ... z2nYQx2ms8
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    man these stories are f'king nuts....
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    The Fixer wrote:
    Dude, I'm from philly and I agree with this wholeheartedly. Especially eagles fans who are the worst group of sports fans on the planet. They act like animals then play the victim after they do stupid shit (which happens all the fucking time because most of them are uneducated neanderthals wearing shit like kevin turner jerseys)

Yes, sports fans do dumb shit everywhere. It just happens way more frequently in philly than it does anywhere else. The Philly Sports Fan Stereotype is well earned and deserved.

Weird that this story was omitted from this thread....(btw, most eagle fans are happy about this reputation...they're 99% ass hole)

December 11, 2013
    PHILADELPHIA A Michigan native who has lived in Philadelphia for two years says he was harassed and beaten unconscious by a group of Eagles fans outside Lincoln Financial Field after the Eagles' 34-20 victory over the Detroit Lions on Sunday.

The 33-year-old Center City business owner, who spoke on condition that he not be identified, said a half-dozen men in Eagles gear targeted him - first with snowballs and other projectiles, then with fists and kicks - because of his Lions jersey and ball cap.

The man, who lives in Bella Vista with his fiancee, said he was treated at a hospital Monday for a concussion and minor injuries. He said doctors also examined him for internal injuries after he urinated blood Sunday.

Capt. Laurence Nodiff, commander of South Detectives, said detectives took the man's statement Monday morning and were searching for surveillance footage that might have captured the alleged beating.

"These despicable attacks on fans who are rooting for other teams is something we don't take lightly, and we're not going to tolerate it," Nodiff said.

The alleged attack occurred around 4:30 p.m., as the man walked to the SEPTA station at Broad Street and Pattison Avenue to catch a train home. He gave this account:

As he walked along Pattison near the Xfinity Live complex, a group of men in their 20s in Eagles jerseys began shouting and throwing snowballs at him.

"I tried to keep my head down and avoid them," he said. "I didn't want to give them the satisfaction."

As he crossed the street, heading toward the train, six of the men blocked his path and continued to scream at him.

"I was like, 'Are you guys serious? You won, enjoy it.' "

The smallest man slapped his head from the side. Another man then pushed him from behind, and the group bum-rushed him, he said.

To defend himself, he threw a punch and brought one of his attackers to the ground. But then he felt punches to the back of his head, he said: "I felt like I was being choked and punched."

That's when he lost consciousness, he said.

When he came to, sore and bruised, another Eagles fan was standing over him, offering help, he said. "He stayed with me and walked me toward SEPTA."

The man remembered the Good Samaritan being so disgusted over what he had witnessed that he took off his Eagles jersey and threw it in a trash can.

"He said he was tired of these Eagles fans and the way they are," the man said.

Nodiff said investigators had sparse descriptions of the attackers: white men in their 20s wearing Eagles jerseys. He asked any witnesses to call South Detectives at 215-686-3013.

The man said the Barry Sanders jersey his fiancee had brought him made him a target for abuse during the entire game.

His first-row seats behind the Eagles bench were no refuge, he said, with fans throwing snowballs and other things at him all afternoon.

A friend who accompanied him to the game left early, he said.

He said he tries not to judge a city by the actions of its sports fans. But days like Sunday make it difficult, he said.

"I am a loyal fan," he said of the Lions. "I travel all over for games, and my worst experiences are with people here in Philadelphia."

Fixer while I generally agree with you about Eagles fans when I read this story in the Inquirer last week I didn't believe it for a second. at 4:30 after a game that intersection is teaming with people and cops. and there is only one witness? and of course that guy threw his jersey away after seeing the incident? and who gets on the subway after getting knocked out? story just seems to easily put together. sorry I didn't believe this story the second I read it and still don't.

here is a story on grantland from this week about 2 guys dying on the same day at a Bills game. while not definitely done at the hands of other fans the behavior in the tailgating this guy writes about is why I don't understand why people even go to NFL games anymore.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/101 ... bills-game
  • Options
    The link above is a great read.

Thanks for that!
  • Options
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/12/19/ ... ial-media/

Crazed Fantasy Football Fans Threaten Violence, ‘Four Bullets For Each Of You Bit****’
    chinese-happy.jpg