Options

''dad band''

Comments

• Options
    Marcus i really feel sorry for you ....Wisdom will come to you one day down the road for now enjoy the darkness ...
    Please I am super happy I play in a touring band I get to travel all over the place, I have a job that I studied for that lets me go do my band, I am far far from darkness I just live a very alternative life style from most people. I think for myself and am very independent. So don't feel sorry for someone who is completely compos mentis and very happy with living.Things you see and have as your very assistance that you hold close aren't necessarily the same for me I have different loves that I am passionate about. That's why the world is fantastic and people shouldn't be so taken aback and but down people who CHOOSE lifestyle choices. I say to people if you really want to do something just do it don't let anyone stop you.
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    toungblood wrote:
    As I a was a teen when 10 was released they've progressed as a band as I have. Now as a dad it's nice to be able to listen to something that 1) is suitable for young ears 2) isn't pop crap 3) you can chill out & have some beers over. On the flip side if I feel like I need some aggression I can put on some of the earlier stuff & drink like I'm young & pay for it the next day. I'll be playing that card tomorrow in Buffalo as this dad gets rocked by PJ.

Love this. Enjoy!!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Marcus i really feel sorry for you ....Wisdom will come to you one day down the road for now enjoy the darkness ...
    Please I am super happy I play in a touring band I get to travel all over the place, I have a job that I studied for that lets me go do my band, I am far far from darkness I just live a very alternative life style from most people. I think for myself and am very independent. So don't feel sorry for someone who is completely compos mentis and very happy with living.Things you see and have as your very assistance that you hold close aren't necessarily the same for me I have different loves that I am passionate about. That's why the world is fantastic and people shouldn't be so taken aback and but down people who CHOOSE lifestyle choices. I say to people if you really want to do something just do it don't let anyone stop you.

Ok that's cool how many times have you seen PJ in concert ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Ok that's cool how many times have you seen PJ in concert ...

Seven I think :?
  • Options
    No really Marcus, you are extremely annoying and have been posting negative stuff all week. I appreciate others opinion but yours just come across as a punk. I'm not really mad or pissed off, just annoyed at someone who just wants to cause problems. Your not making good points or debating anything. Your just being annoying. Fascist,,,,,,, haha. Please, go to the NIN website. You will love it there.
  • Options
    No really Marcus, you are extremely annoying and have been posting negative stuff all week. I appreciate others opinion but yours just come across as a punk. I'm not really mad or pissed off, just annoyed at someone who just wants to cause problems. Your not making good points or debating anything. Your just being annoying. Fascist,,,,,,, haha. Please, go to the NIN website. You will love it there.

You keep repeating yourself will that validate you? look man the more you tell me to keep leaving the more it cements the fact you are a control freak. I have debated everything that is thrown at me like I said It grated on me a bit when they called themselves a dad band can I not show my discomfort in that?
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    I'm of the notion your parents should hate your music and you should hate your parents music.

That's just plain dumb. My dad loves Pink Floyd and the Beatles. I should hate them? Fool of a Took!
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    aurynsdad wrote:
    I'm of the notion your parents should hate your music and you should hate your parents music.

That's just plain dumb. My dad loves Pink Floyd and the Beatles. I should hate them? Fool of a Took!

Not in all cases, it's not like a rule or anything saying that you picked two bands I'm not a fan of.
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 773
    jvoorhees wrote:
    Im so looking forward to taking my son to a PJ concert in the near future... He'll be just barely a year old when PJ is in Vancouver/Seattle... so figure that's a tad to young... the little dude would have to wear some serious ear muffs to protect his ears :D

We're taking our son to the Portland show. He'll be 9 1/2 months old, and he'll be wearing ear protection- probably these:

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Cotton-Re ... ection+hat
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!), 10/1/94 Bridge School, 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!), 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!), 10/25/03 B. School, 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!), 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!), 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!), 5/13/22 Oakland (W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    aurynsdad wrote:

point...aurynsdad
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Mary, that is short for Marcus.

All u do is call me a Fascist and a couple other names. Your annoying brother. Great, u live a awesome alternative lifestyle. Wow, we are all impressed. Just stop being a pain in the arse and if you dont like PJ's new album, thats fine but you keep digging and putting them down. Your just causing trouble. My recommendations is go put on a rad NIN cd from 1994 and go travel ireland being Alternative. Cool?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Marcus that notion that you should not like the music that your parents like or that they shouldn't like yours comes off as inmature IMO ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 198

You keep repeating yourself will that validate you? look man the more you tell me to keep leaving the more it cements the fact you are a control freak. I have debated everything that is thrown at me like I said It grated on me a bit when they called themselves a dad band can I not show my discomfort in that?

Dunno, just feels like your not on these forums to debate, you're on here to get a reaction from people because you're into a different sort of music now than what PJ are playing and REALLLY WANT TO BE HEARD!!!!. I don't see them as an old band, but they are in their 50's now and I love the way they've evolved and changed over each album. I realise they aren't the same band as they were back in the 90's and they shouldn't be.
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    Great Point Grazman, +1
  • Options
    aurynsdad wrote:

Not in all cases

con·tra·dic·tion: noun \ˌkän-trə-ˈdik-shən\
    a difference or disagreement between two things which means that both cannot be true
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    :corn:

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    Michael-Jackson-Popcorn.gif
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    It is an eye opener to see the venom from some posters who don't like any sort of criticism I thought this was an open debate forum you guys need to chill out if you don't like a topic don't come on and attack the person and tell them to leave, explain to me what a debate is, I thought it was someone puts forward a point the a person with an apposing opinion counters generally that's what has happened but it seems when I reply I get attacked and the original topic is skewed down another path. It's just music guys its probably along with religion the must devious thing on this planet. I don't want PJ to sound like 90's PJ I'd like them to me making relevant music that stimulates and is contemporary if I wanted to listen to a band that has stayed the same I'd listen to Ac/DC
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    LOL! I was just going to post ...' I bet the next message posted is along the lines of 'I'm just trying to have a debate and all these people are attacking me and name calling'.

No.....you're not trying to have a debate.
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    grazman wrote:
    LOL! I was just going to post ...' I bet the next message posted is along the lines of 'I'm just trying to have a debate and all these people are attacking me and name calling'.

No.....you're not trying to have a debate.

Show me where I have not put counter points towards anyone.......
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't want PJ to sound like 90's PJ I'd like them to me making relevant music that stimulates and is contemporary if I wanted to listen to a band that has stayed the same I'd listen to Ac/DC

you think this sounds like 90's Pearl Jam???...or anything else they have ever done? Have you actually listened to this new recording?

Love me some AC/DC
    Post edited by pjradio on
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    oysterjaroysterjar NH Posts: 1,235
    :corn:

Wind this thing up.

• Options
    pjradio wrote:
    I don't want PJ to sound like 90's PJ I'd like them to me making relevant music that stimulates and is contemporary if I wanted to listen to a band that has stayed the same I'd listen to Ac/DC

you think this sounds like 90's Pearl Jam???...or anything else they have ever done? Have you actually listened to this new recording?

No posters have thought that due to me not liking LB i somehow want PJ to sound 90's again. Far far from it, I'd like a modern sound and a different style of lyrical content that doesn't necessarily mean heavy at all. But if the band are cool with it and I'm sure they are then as long as they are staying true to themselves that's fine. I will look forward too seeing them live.....toilet break for sirens ;)
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:

No posters have thought that due to me not liking LB i somehow want PJ to sound 90's again. Far far from it, I'd like a modern sound and a different style of lyrical content that doesn't necessarily mean heavy at all. But if the band are cool with it and I'm sure they are then as long as they are staying true to themselves that's fine. I will look forward too seeing them live.....toilet break for sirens ;)

point marcus...I mis-read
    thx for the fun

gotta guess for tonites opener?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    ]
    pjradio wrote:

No posters have thought that due to me not liking LB i somehow want PJ to sound 90's again. Far far from it, I'd like a modern sound and a different style of lyrical content that doesn't necessarily mean heavy at all. But if the band are cool with it and I'm sure they are then as long as they are staying true to themselves that's fine. I will look forward too seeing them live.....toilet break for sirens ;)[/quote]

thx for the fun

gotta guess for tonites opener?[/quote]

I thought there where no openers on the first leg it's all PJ
  • Options
    pjradio wrote:
    ]
    pjradio wrote:

thx for the fun

gotta guess for tonites opener?[/quote]

I thought there where no openers on the first leg it's all PJ[/quote]

smh....Pearl Jams opening song
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Sry man duh, long road
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    These threads are cracking me up! Dad rock? Fuuuuuck!! Hahaha !!!!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    I don't know about your dad, but my dad still hates my music so ...
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,455
    Dad Band indeed. As evidenced by Pittsburgh fan videos. Many, many bald heads in the crowd.

thanfully, i still have a full head of hair
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.