Options

3 full listens, still not impressed.

124»

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    JM16768 wrote:
    I remember vividly when No Code came out and ALOT of people didn't "get it" and thought they were trying to be U2 with Achtung Baby. Now its considered the HOLY GRAIL with the so called "real fans"...that still makes me chuckle. So I'm really curious to see where the album ranks in about 2-3 years.
    Me personally, I'm enjoying it very much! Sorry for those who don't. Lastly, I know some people like the pissed off stuff, and MYM covers that, but in all reality they are millionaires now, especially Ed, he is listed at being worth $80 million, imagine! So for me he'd be a whiny rich asshole if he was just all pissed off still on every song/record. Stopped listening to Metallica a long time ago for that very reason.

I can't wait for the shows to rock my socks off!! Old, new and all in between...YEAH!!! \m/!!

I loved No Code from the beginning. Achtung Baby is one of the greatest albums of all time, possibly my favorite. Lightning Bolt shouldn't be compared to either of those. I don't hate the record, but I don't think this one will be revisited much in the future. It's a bore (and yes, I hear Matchbox 20 in it, sadly).

At this point, I'm not even sure what you people want. There is SO much going on on this album. Every listen unveils something else I didn't hear the last time.

I guess I haven't listened to Matchbox 20 in a long, long, long time.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,562
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    JM16768 wrote:
    I remember vividly when No Code came out and ALOT of people didn't "get it" and thought they were trying to be U2 with Achtung Baby. Now its considered the HOLY GRAIL with the so called "real fans"...that still makes me chuckle. So I'm really curious to see where the album ranks in about 2-3 years.
    Me personally, I'm enjoying it very much! Sorry for those who don't. Lastly, I know some people like the pissed off stuff, and MYM covers that, but in all reality they are millionaires now, especially Ed, he is listed at being worth $80 million, imagine! So for me he'd be a whiny rich asshole if he was just all pissed off still on every song/record. Stopped listening to Metallica a long time ago for that very reason.

I can't wait for the shows to rock my socks off!! Old, new and all in between...YEAH!!! \m/!!

I loved No Code from the beginning. Achtung Baby is one of the greatest albums of all time, possibly my favorite. Lightning Bolt shouldn't be compared to either of those. I don't hate the record, but I don't think this one will be revisited much in the future. It's a bore (and yes, I hear Matchbox 20 in it, sadly).

At this point, I'm not even sure what you people want. There is SO much going on on this album. Every listen unveils something else I didn't hear the last time.

I guess I haven't listened to Matchbox 20 in a long, long, long time.
    Yeah, no kidding. When I read that I thought, "wow, maybe I need to start listening to Matchbox 20." :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Many listens, I think this is a masterpiece.
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    I listened to vs today in the car...there's absolutely NO way to maintain the level of whatever the eff was going on in their lives.

I'm a totally different person than I was the day that record came out. I'm sure the boys are too.

It's evolution, baby.

Absolutely true.

Doesn't mean the new music is any good though.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 563
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    JM16768 wrote:

This.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    Rossum20 wrote:
    Try throwing yourself down the stairs, then give it another whirl.

:lol::lol::lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    It was Xmas morning today!! Didn't listen to anything before hand and just opened it and gave a listen. Very impressed. Good job boys!!
  • Options
    Then get the F out.

Mind your manners ROCKS.
    Lightning Bolt >>emmmm
    Sirens ...WTF one of the best songs PJ ever produced.

And all others are for the Fans..

Patriot

out. :nono:
    A Long Time Fan...TEN & Beyond.......
    meny east coast showes Providence RI,Boston MA, Mansfield MA, Agusta Maine, NYC , Conn .... As meny times as I can... Want to go PJ-ING in Italy
    and will get there. Just maybeeee 2009 GO America, I am a patriot. WB