Options

*bootleg preview*

124»

Comments

• Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I'm gonna be honest, compared to the 2006 boots, these truly suck. That reverb on Ed is HORRIBLE in every way. And it's obvious that a lot of EQ has been done, especially on drums and bass. Maybe a little compression, too. It's unlistenable for me. I haven't heard the Columbia or VA Beach recordings but the first two shows suck.

I may do the 2nd Camden show and both MSGs. It's really a pain in the ass to put these things up. First I gotta buy and download them, then burn them to a disc, then rip them off the disc. I really don't think it's worth wasting discs when we're just gonna get these in full soon anyway. Plus, as I mentioned, they suck.

I may do one or two more. If anyone else wants to do the others, feel free. I just told you how it's done.

Ok i don't feel bad for thinking these songs sounded like crap. I am going to wait for the actual boots. In listening to Why Go, Mike does get drowned out and the boot i have from 2006 he sounds great!
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    There's some things on the board source that is just there and hard to compensate, and some stuff that's the producer/sound-engineer/mix-down folks perogitive.

Will be interesting to see if all that reverb is the audience mics mixed in too much, or something actually on Ed's mic at the source? Not that we'd know, if it's gone or minimized, it was probably the audience mic feed?

As for Mike -- really, can he ever honestly be loud enough? I don't get it, he's so freaking quiet on soooooo many boots I have. I would take a mix down of his monitors with every one else tinny AM radio feed!!! Just give me Mike's Monitors!!!! (Coolest boot I have, Geddy Lee's monitor feed with just a bit of Neil and Alex added in!!!! Think the radio signal was intercepted to get that or something....)

But what I think I'm hearing with Mike is that, as the lead, he kinda noodles around underneath Stone's (and Jeff's) backbone, he's "filler" or emphasis during most refrains and chorus's? Then he takes the lead .... and forgets to turn himself up? No way, he's a pro....

But he might have a volume pedal that he's supposed to stomp to jack himself up? Either that, or the sound engineers are lazy and forget to pump him up when he steps out to lead?

Cause these previews, it's obvious he's being "faded in" like halfway through his solos! Someone's late to the game. I dunno really how it's all done, but c'mon, you'd think they're getting like 16 or 24 track masters from the sound board sources to mix these down!!! Really doubt it's just 2-channel PA or 4-channel PA + Audience?

JUST PUSH MIKE'S LEVELS UP AND LEAVE IT!!!

(And yeah, THANKS MJ!)
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    acutejam wrote:
    As for Mike -- really, can he ever honestly be loud enough? I don't get it, he's so freaking quiet on soooooo many boots I have.

He gets quieter in the mix every tour. I was listening to St. Louis 2000 the other day and Mike was loud and clear. I miss those days.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I officially cannot download the new previews from Camden onto my PC. The fuckers made them all mobile only now, probably because of their being posted on here. And I can't get music off my phone to my computer, only from my computer to my phone.

This whole Verizon thing is fucking bullshit.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,098
    damn
    that really sucks
    well at least you have them.
    how do they sound?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    damn
    that really sucks
    well at least you have them.
    how do they sound?

I can't tell they sound like shit on the phone.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,098
    ohh yeah
    i forgot they were phone speakers
    shit
    well thanks for the other ones, and we can only hope an audience source comes out (i didn't end up recording it)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas