Options

*bootleg preview*

Comments

• Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    wow...I just noticed, is it me, or are they playing Sometimes a bit faster than usual?

it was paced very well at Tampa, with a nice jam at the end as well.
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    it was paced very well at Tampa, with a nice jam at the end as well.

Yeah, I'm actually diggin' this version more than the usual ones.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,098
    Is the heavy reverb on the vocals an arena reverb, or is the produced in?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Is the heavy reverb on the vocals an arena reverb, or is the produced in?

Mixed in. That's the only part of these I don't like so far, hope they stop doing that so heavily.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    wow...I just noticed, is it me, or are they playing Sometimes a bit faster than usual?

And Corduroy much slower.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,098
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Mixed in. That's the only part of these I don't like so far, hope they stop doing that so heavily.

Yeah
    that and the fact that you can't really hear Mike's solo in corduroy until half way through
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    MattyJoe your a legend
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    JazzmannJazzmann Posts: 98
    Can anyone put up the songs from the 2 newly added boots?
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    Anyone get the 2 new shows yet?
  • Options
    Wow Army Reserve sounds exactly like the album, the way it's mixed.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Am I the only one hearing some vocal struggles??
  • Options
    Am I the only one hearing some vocal struggles??

I noticed it, too.

Oh, and, did anyone else notice on the Fuse Bonnaroo coverage that Life Wasted sounded like it was played in a different key?? Possibly to help out Eddie?
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I noticed it, too.

Oh, and, did anyone else notice on the Fuse Bonnaroo coverage that Life Wasted sounded like it was played in a different key?? Possibly to help out Eddie?

Definitely not. I actually played my acoustic guitar (which was in tune) along with the two songs and they weren't in a different key. Hope that answers your question. Later
    Foo4Everlong
  • Options
    Definitely not. I actually played my acoustic guitar (which was in tune) along with the two songs and they weren't in a different key. Hope that answers your question. Later

Yeah I wasn't totally sure. It just kinda sounded a little higher than usual, especially Mike's lead part. Probably just something having to do with the sound.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    where are the mp3s?
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    The clips on the website do sound a bit overproduced...like a fancy live album not the "bootleg" (though high quality bootleg) sound we've come so used to hearing since 2000. I kind of like the sound on Live on 2 Legs though, so these bootlegs might be a little interesting to hear the whole concert that way.

They're probably mixed that way so that they sound better playing out of your V-Cast phone rather than a true stereo. Just guessing.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    This whole Verizon thing just feels icky.

Oh, well.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    igotid_8 wrote:
    This whole Verizon thing just feels icky.

Oh, well.

Wow, glad to see someone else actually admit that. I got my thread posting ass kicked a week ago for saying so... well that and more. That was before the "screens" were hung on stage and all the Verizon staff people and promo shirts with PJ/Verizon printed on them.... etc.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
    thanks for these! Can't wait to here the entire boots.

Has anyone got the bonnaroo mp3's for megaupload yet?

And I will search the threads, but I hope thats not true that people were defending PJ's relationship with Verizion?!?!!? It's sad and hypocritical and I personally am waiting for a really good explanation. Green Disease.
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
  • Options
    VedderBlueVedderBlue Posts: 40
    They sound great. Fuck me I cant wait to get these on disc. This will hold me a bit longer. These make Eddies voice just sound more pure to me (since the drums and 2nd guitar are not so pronounced). What a beautiful voice this man has. Okay, beautiful all around this fella is - who am I kidding!

Thanks again for the samples

VB
    45 Shows & Counting!!!
  • Options
    anybody got the three songs for bonaroo and columbia in mp3? I d love to listen them full.
  • Options
    Does anyone know where to get the 3 preview tracks in mp3?
  • Options
    RoeghmannRoeghmann Posts: 968
    thanx guys this is great. I want these boots

WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!! WOW
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    HerbyHerby Posts: 4
    mvw wrote:
    Does anyone know where to get the 3 preview tracks in mp3?
    Thanks to MattyJoe for the original upload.
    I uploaded them to Demonoid to help drum up some interest in the Official Bootlegs. I converted them to MP3.
    The WPB show and the Tampa shows are up. I am waiting for MattyJoe to add Columbia and Virginia.

West Palm Beach
    http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1515380/771509/

Tampa
    http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1515385/
  • Options
    Hey Ho MattyJoe Way To Go!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm gonna be honest, compared to the 2006 boots, these truly suck. That reverb on Ed is HORRIBLE in every way. And it's obvious that a lot of EQ has been done, especially on drums and bass. Maybe a little compression, too. It's unlistenable for me. I haven't heard the Columbia or VA Beach recordings but the first two shows suck.

I may do the 2nd Camden show and both MSGs. It's really a pain in the ass to put these things up. First I gotta buy and download them, then burn them to a disc, then rip them off the disc. I really don't think it's worth wasting discs when we're just gonna get these in full soon anyway. Plus, as I mentioned, they suck.

I may do one or two more. If anyone else wants to do the others, feel free. I just told you how it's done.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    I'm gonna be honest, compared to the 2006 boots, these truly suck. That reverb on Ed is HORRIBLE in every way. And it's obvious that a lot of EQ has been done, especially on drums and bass. Maybe a little compression, too. It's unlistenable for me. I haven't heard the Columbia or VA Beach recordings but the first two shows suck.

What makes you think the MP3/FLAC/CD versions will sound like that?
  • Options
    HerbyHerby Posts: 4
    You have to be a Verizon customer to buy these right.
  • Options
    I would buy them if I was a Verizon customer. I think that's the only way you could do it. They do sound a little over done. The reverb is pretty obvious. However, I think these might sound good over a cell phone, which I guess is their real intention. They actually sound pretty good on my shitty car stereo, which is the only reason I am kind of interested right now.
  • Options
    JWBusher wrote:
    What makes you think the MP3/FLAC/CD versions will sound like that?

Well unless the reverb is post-production work by Verizon or something, they will. They mix the recording live, so whatever settings the mixer had on is what we get, it can't be totally undone. They would be able to reduce it a little if they wanted, but not very much.
    -Reagan