Options

Who did you meet at dublin??

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    redrock wrote:
    Dunk! Didn't get any of your 'rot your teeth stuff'! Also, you wouldn't have a spare badge, would you? Or anyone else??

tablet was all gone i'm afraid

but i do have a badge for you ;) PM me your address again!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    oh Thanks Dunk, you forgot me already ! :(

no... shit!!! i realised i copied your lists last night (which is why you werent on it... ) and i just thought yours was the same as Al's.. i was tired and emotional and just thought it was the same list

sorry Pinkness :o ... how could i forget you :rolleyes:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Keithos!!! I met you in the pub too. I had your face in my head but I couldn't place the name.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Pegasus wrote:
    you did see Gitta..though I forgot to introduce..she was with me after when we talked in front of the Jury's House.
    :eek: Hi Gitta!! Sorry pegasus forgot her manners and didn't introduce us! I'll find you in Antwerp one way or the other! :)
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    I can't believe I missed Dunk :(
    ..we only had a quick half-pint at the bar before the gig 'cos we had to eat..and not drink too much (good move..the state of the portaloo outside the Point at even 4.30 made me glad I did not have to return!)

I missed a couple of folk i would have liked to have met

Belfast1
    Siochan (what the fuck happened to you!!!)
    Casey
    Pegasus
    Duggro
    Finsy (were you even there?)
    Jennytree

and others most likely

people i wish i had never met
    IrishAl ;)
    that cock of a guy who nearly crushed me to death at the Merchandise stall... fucker... I've got a big bruise on my left ribs because of you... i hope your posters went on fire or were pissed on by an elephant :mad:
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    no worries Dunk ;)

and yes , where was FINS ???? i was looking for him too .
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    I met a lot of people at the gig but i dont know who was on the forum except for blaze girly and a guy named sean, so hi to all the kick ass people that were there from the forum!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Let's see....
    Heineken Helen
    Rob
    Audiodave
    UKDave
    Binaural
    Stones_GString
    Emmi
    Emma (can't remember your pit name, sorry)
    That other Dave who's pit name I can't remember either :D
    Irish Al
    Dunky
    Dunkys wife
    Stian (again can't remember his pit name - part of touring van)
    Jason from the touring van. Did an interview for him in the pub :D
    The two other girls on touring van. I don't think we were formally introduced.
    The Italian girl who Al mentioned in his post.

I also saw VV, BURU and a couple of others who were at the front of the queue with Helen, but wasn't introduced properly coz of all the madness.

We were talking about you yesterday Hitch Hiker - I don't remember seeing you there but my mate Glen was saying 'full respect to that man!' He said you were great at the show, really enthusiastic and dancing like a maniac to everything. I wish I'd net you. There were a lot of people I wished Id met. (We all should have worn flourescent stickers on our foreheads with our board names on them! ;) ) Respect!
  • Options
    Byrnzie & Glen

"Byrnzie & Glen" - makes us look like a gay couple! :eek:
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:

and thats a problem how?? ;):p
  • Options
    KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Byrnzie wrote:

What? You mean you're not??? But you were so close and sensitive with each other...
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    But Glen told me....... ;):D

OK who did I meet?
    I apologise in advance to anyone who I leave out :o

Helen
    Helen's sister, Paula - IrishAngel
    Casey - NAH
    Rita - Redrock
    Emmi - eMMI
    Marina - Buru
    Keith - Keithos
    Steve - Byrnzie
    Glen
    Dave - UKDave
    Al - IrishAl
    Dunk - Dunkman
    Dunk's wife
    Jenny - Jennytree
    VV
    Damien
    Barry - Leash
    Steve - Nullifidian
    Stian
    Pippa - Chime
    Dave - AudioDave
    Rob - burtschips
    Ems - Wash_
    Hitch-Hiker
    Sandra - Pegasus
    Don - dbk (he's hardcore you know ;) )

And anyone else I met who right now I can't remember. I met so many people that night and the night before

Plus loads of fans who aren't on the board. People must have thought I was crazy as I kept on going up to people in Temple Bar and asking them if they were on the forum! :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    dbkdbk Posts: 304
    im starting to wonder if i was actually there or not???
    no-ones mentioned me at all which probably means i was either really quiet or a complete asshole???
    just to show there are no hard feelings i wanna put a few shout outs myself

a massive thank you to helen you were so welcoming really appreciated it i owe you one
    byrnzie as always was a legend even though he wimped out @5am
    keith-stories of sheep bollocks and extreme body art kept me awake in fact im having my arm chopped off and put on my back tomorrow
    dunk-great badge mate, thanks man, shame you had to shoot off
    everyone met at pub-nice to see you all
    whoevers idea it was to walk half of dublin-nice!!!
    all the people at helens who had to listen to my pissed up drawling bollocks all night esp. those who somehow tolerated me till 6.30am, yes i am HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!!!! emmi, stoney,buru and helen, i was starting to bore myself so dont know how you done it!!!!
    so to cap it off thanks to everyone dont forget me again i do have feelings you know!!!!!
    see you in reading YOU SELFISH UNCARING BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • Options
    niknik Posts: 262
    dbk wrote:
    no-ones mentioned me at all which probably means i was either really quiet or a complete asshole???

a massive thank you to helen you were so welcoming really appreciated it i owe you one
    keith-stories of sheep bollocks and extreme body art kept me awake in fact im having my arm chopped off and put on my back tomorrow
    all the people at helens who had to listen to my pissed up drawling bollocks all night esp. those who somehow tolerated me till 6.30am, yes i am HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!!!! emmi, stoney,buru and helen, i was starting to bore myself so dont know how you done it!!!!
    so to cap it off thanks to everyone dont forget me again i do have feelings you know!!!!!

I saw you briefly in the queue at the Point :D..
    "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life...I know you'll be a star"
    Astoria 20-4-06 (when pj rocked)

Dublin 2006....Alive,Black,RVM,Leash...awesome)

*Astoria Crew*

www.pearljam70.piczo.com- for some delicious pics of Eddie
    http://www.myspace.com/pjrocks4ever

Nik = Nicki (female)
  • Options
    dbk wrote:

6am Don! 6am! remember counting the seconds to try and stay awake. All that talk about sheeps bollocks over-excited me and made me tired! :eek:
  • Options
    dbk wrote:

So did you get back o.k then Don? You'd drunk as much as me I reckon so you must have been bolloxed when you left for the airport. I had a fiasco at the airport - I'd fucked up Glenns booking so that according to Ryanairs records he was meant to fly back to England at 17:40pm on the 23rd! I had an almighty row with some b1tch at Ryanairs bookings desk and she ended up charging me 234 Euros extra to put Glenn on the standby list - he got on the flight in the end. This resulted in me not being able to join Keith, Dave and Pippa for a couple of beers at the airport. The good news is that I should be able to get reimbursed about 180 Euros because I found out after at check-in that the b1tch at the bookings desk overcharged me.
    Apart from that, I got home fine. :D
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Shit!! I knew I had forgotten someone! Sorry Don :o:o
    I shall add ya to the list :)

LOL it was funny though at Helen's. I think we were all gone a bit! :D You were hardcore though ;):D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    shit, I met a lot and missed out on a lot of people too
    but it was all so great
    thanks so much everyone!!
    :D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    shit, I met a lot and missed out on a lot of people too
    but it was all so great
    thanks so much everyone!!
    :D

Hello Buru! :D You still in Ireland?
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    We were talking about you yesterday Hitch Hiker - I don't remember seeing you there but my mate Glen was saying 'full respect to that man!' He said you were great at the show, really enthusiastic and dancing like a maniac to everything. I wish I'd net you. There were a lot of people I wished Id met. (We all should have worn flourescent stickers on our foreheads with our board names on them! ;) ) Respect!
    Sorry I missed you too Byrnzie. Next time I'll make a point of meeting you.
    Which one was Glen again? I'm still having trouble putting names to faces in my head. I need Pictures people!!!! ;)
  • Options
    Somewhere, Byrnzie put his pics up and there you will see Glen (green t-shirt). Too late for me to try and find a link - sorry! :D

OK - sort of remembered where they were posted so couldn't leave you high and dry. Here's the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/byrnzie28/, the last two pics!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Somewhere, Byrnzie put his pics up and there you will see Glen (green t-shirt). Too late for me to try and find a link - sorry! :D
    Thanks, I'll have a look around :)
  • Options
    I wasn't quick enough with editing my post! The link is my previous post now!
  • Options
    Cool thanks :) Everythings falling into place now :D
  • Options
    some photos of some board members to help your memory

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76048782@N00/sets/72157594251785852/
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Helen (obviously ;) )
    Rita
    Caz
    Casey
    V
    Dunky (and lovely lovely wife)
    Al (no hair and a nosering, just like he said he'd have :D )
    Marina
    Don (dbk wasn't it?)
    wolfamongwolves, umm, Damien
    Jenny!
    Neil (hitch)
    Laura
    Claire (only briefly though)
    Byrnzie
    Keith (had some smooth dancemoves later)
    Siochan (and partner :D )
    Chimey
    Pegasus (sorry, can't remember your real name..)

and many many many other people, I'm gonna have to update that list later. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    some photos of some board members to help your memory

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76048782@N00/sets/72157594251785852/
    Well, whaddayaknow. I did see Byrnzie. Didn't know it was him though. I remember during the gig turning around for a second and there was a guy in a Fugazi t-shirt standing beside me :D
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I seem to have made my way onto a few lists so don't need to make one myself (that's really lazy isn't it :o) but it was great meeting you all t'was a fabulous time and see some of you again tomorrow in Reading :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    poor show on my part, i only met 6 folk

gen, housingjim, audiodave, wash_, burtschips, AMENt TO THAT.

great folk and great few days though!:)
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    dbk wrote:

Lol, awww hardcore don :) you owe me nothing, I reckon I'll get enough for that t-shirt on ebay anyway. Casey's been begging me for it :D

Such a fucking blast. I finally got rid of the last two this morning :) and the house feels sooooooooo empty. Even my brothers gone out.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you