Options

Who did you meet at dublin??

Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Was wonder who bumped into how etc pre/post and during the gig.....

I met (and if I leave anyone out I apologise as I have a bad memory):

VV
Redrock
Emmi
Byrnzie
Dunk
Dunk's lovely,very attractive wife (Gill what are you doing with this man?? ;) )
Glen (cant remember your board name)
UKDave
Stoney
Keithos
Chimey
LouDoubleU
Danmac
Hitch-Hiker
Wash
Heiniken Helen
JennyTree
Buru
NewAgeHippie
IrishAngel
Another girl from italy living in London and I cannot remember either her board or real name...sorry
And last but certainly not least [size=+10] **DBK** [/size] the coolest man this side of...erm...scotland :D

There was a few other people but for the life of me I can't think right now but will update later :D
I need a coffee!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    shouldn't it be "who did you meet IN dublin"????
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Can't remember the half of the people I met... I was in a daze... like when I saw you - didn't have a clue what was going on!

Think I met most of those ye listed, and Buru, Jaymac, Conor, StonesGString, wolfamongstwolves to name but a few!

What a lovely bunch of people we all are!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    IrishAl
    Redrock
    Emmi
    Byrnzie
    Dunk
    Dunk's lovely,very attractive wife (Gill what are you doing with this man?? )
    UKDave
    Keithos
    Chimey
    LouDoubleU
    Rob
    Heiniken Helen
    NewAgeHippie
    Buru
    Wolfamougstwolf's (give me my tamborine back !!!! :D )
    Sneakieone
    Cagey
    stonesGstring
    Foxymop79
    rockgoddess (and mum , sorry forget name)
    Burtschips
    Danmac (and Girl friend)

yes AL i edited your list ! hehe lazy cow indeed !

thats all i can remember for now , i'm off to bed :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    Shit.. I hardly met anyone... Jennytree, redrock, Heineken Helen, AMENt TO THAT and a couple of others but I've forgotten their board names.
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Let's see....
    Heineken Helen
    Rob
    Audiodave
    UKDave
    Binaural
    Stones_GString
    Emmi
    Emma (can't remember your pit name, sorry)
    That other Dave who's pit name I can't remember either :D
    Irish Al
    Dunky
    Dunkys wife
    Stian (again can't remember his pit name - part of touring van)
    Jason from the touring van. Did an interview for him in the pub :D
    The two other girls on touring van. I don't think we were formally introduced.
    The Italian girl who Al mentioned in his post.

I also saw VV, BURU and a couple of others who were at the front of the queue with Helen, but wasn't introduced properly coz of all the madness.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Jaymac wrote:
    Shit.. I hardly met anyone... Jennytree, redrock, Heineken Helen, AMENt TO THAT and a couple of others but I've forgotten their board names.

Jay man we never got to that pint?? :eek:

Next time dude :D
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    ^^^ oh sorry , was a bit of crazyness the 1st time we popped round to the point , bloody long walk that was !
    EDIT Al , you got in my way i was talking to Hitch-hiker !
    i also had a quick chat with the touring van peeps in the pub , you lot are cool n crazy :D

Stian = Amenttothat!
    ops forgot you , thanks for the grope on your tamborine :D and was Great to see you again :D

ok so who was the girl with black hair that was outside the pub with Helen n new age hippy after the show when me n pippa (chime) were saying goodbye ??
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    V V wrote:

ok so who was the girl with black hair that was outside the pub with Helen n new age hippy after the show when me n pippa (chime) were saying goodbye ??

That was meeeeeeeeeeee! :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    EDIT Al , you got in my way i was talking to Hitch-hiker !

You were boring him V, he shout over "hey al save me from this mad woman" ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    That was meeeeeeeeeeee! :)

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i thought it may have been :)

sorry i didnt get to say hi properly i was done in by then and a bit gone on that black stuff people kept making me drink (AL !!!!!!!)

nice to have half met ya ;)
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781
    V V wrote:
    IrishAl
    Redrock
    Emmi
    Byrnzie
    Dunk
    Dunk's lovely,very attractive wife (Gill what are you doing with this man?? )
    UKDave
    Keithos
    Chimey
    LouDoubleU
    Rob
    Heiniken Helen
    NewAgeHippie
    Buru
    Wolfamougstwolf's (give me my tamborine back !!!! :D )
    Sneakieone
    Cagey
    stonesGstring
    Foxymop79
    rockgoddess (and mum , sorry forget name)
    Burtschips
    Danmac (and Girl friend)

yes AL i edited your list ! hehe lazy cow indeed !

thats all i can remember for now , i'm off to bed :)

I'm so happy that you're getting the opportunity to finally see the band this time around. :) You're so sweet and sweet people deserve the best.

enjoy Reading!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I'm very bad: the people I can actually remember the name of, I remember their real names..
    let me go have a look at that pseudo-name list...which is not exhaustive..

met for sure (if I've actually associated the right pseudo to the name):

Black Red Yellow (ok, cheating I'd met her at the Astoria and she was sharing my 10c)
    AMENt TO THAT & burstchips (very much looking forward to see you again in Reading and further guys :D)
    wolfamongwolves (man you have to make the trip to Paris..come on, you know you want to..a couple of hundred € isn't going to make a difference at this point ;))
    Redrock (she seems to know the ropes..going to have to observe and learn ;))
    newagehippie (I dind't catch if you were doing more Euro shows)
    Shioshan (sorry I didn't see you on the day..hope you and the hubby had a great time)

then several other people who I hope will not take offence that I did not remember (or even know at all) their names...I warned you I was crap with tehm...let alone after a few drinks!!

I'm looking forward to meet all again and more, had a great time, aside from the show of course, with everyone being very friendly and cool. It's going to make this touring even more enjoyable..and makes the waiting so much more bearable!

Love you all!
  • Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    My man (Housing_Jim) and I met...

Wash (aka Emma)
    Rob (Burts chips)
    Audio Dave
    Stian (Amen to That)
    Heineken Helen (very briefly)
    Red Rock (again, very briefly)
    Uk Dave
    Druggo

...and a bunch of other people, sorry if I've forgotton your names (Guinness has an effect on a Welsh lass... you know?)

If PJ tour the UK in the near future, we'd love to see you guys again, you really made our few days an enjoyable experience. Thank You
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    Jaymac wrote:

Are you John from Derry? Im the old lady from the queue ;) And you'll be pleased to hear i got front row even though i am scum of the earth! :D

I spent the show with AMENt TO THAT as my friend disapeared into the masses and Jason from touring van, briefly....I dont post here enough to know peoples names, but all the people i met were really lovely :)

Lynn x
    Becoming a Star will become your Doom.
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    I met most RM'ers. :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    I met a few people in temple bar;

redrock
    foxymop
    dunkman
    ukdave
    vv
    chime
    emmi
    keithos
    byrnzie
    al (well i saw u i didnt speak to ya though)
    and anyone else that was in the bar pre gig sorry if i forgot ya!
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    hello crazy mofos :cool:

IrishAl.... it was an experience!!! if you ever come to Scotland matey then let me know..... so i can get the fuck out of the country for a while :p:D (top bloke actually)!!!
    Redrock
    VV (i cut and pasted your list which is why you werent on it :o:o )
    Emmi
    Byrnzie & his mate Glen
    Dbk (don) i didnt forget you matey... i just used someone elses list and never checked the fucking names properly... lazy shit that i am :o
    UKDave
    Keithos (i put Keithos and Dave's names together as well ;) .... i couldnt split the lads up if you know what i mean....shit.. what go's on tour stays on tour.. :D )
    Chimey
    LouDoubleU
    BurtsChips
    DaveBrown
    Wash
    Wolfy (well i got to shout at you from afar) :)
    Sneakieone
    Cagey
    stonesGstring
    Foxymop79
    rockgoddess & nik (i think i gave you guys badges... it was a fleeting glance of a meeting)
    Danmac & Brigette(sp?)
    AMENt to THAT
    Skelbred & american pal (they fucking loved my tablet!! )
    Barbara
    Canadian Touring Fans DVD guy... he interviewed me :cool:
    The 2 scottish guys in the pub!!
    Hitch-hiker (lovely guy :) )

i too used your list and edited it Al ... me so lazy :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Are you John from Derry? Im the old lady from the queue ;) And you'll be pleased to hear i got front row even though i am scum of the earth! :D

I spent the show with AMENt TO THAT as my friend disapeared into the masses and Jason from touring van, briefly....I dont post here enough to know peoples names, but all the people i met were really lovely :)

Lynn x

Fuck.. hi! How're you doing?

What a fucking awesome show!

Al; sorry we didn't get to meet up! We'll manage it some day.. you hitting any other shows?
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

• Options
    rockgoddess & nik (i think i gave you guys badges... it was a fleeting glance of a meeting)

yeah cheers for those! we still owe u a drink for them!
    *Fellow astorian*

20/4/06 Astoria
    23/8/06 Dublin

http://www.myspace.com/rockgoddess1318
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Oh fuck!! too many to mention.... :D:D

And dunk, sssshhh!!! :rolleyes: :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Jaymac wrote:
    Fuck.. hi! How're you doing?

What a fucking awesome show!

Al; sorry we didn't get to meet up! We'll manage it some day.. you hitting any other shows?

Im good! Well totally fucked actually cuz i spent most of today in Dublin... good to meet you anyway and hope you have a great one in Belgium too!
    Becoming a Star will become your Doom.
  • Options
    Im good! Well totally fucked actually cuz i spent most of today in Dublin... good to meet you anyway and hope you have a great one in Belgium too!

And Holland! Don't forget Holland! :D

Just watched the videos from last night on Youtube.. can't wait for the boot for this one.. :D:D:D

• Options
    I can't believe I missed Dunk :(
    ..we only had a quick half-pint at the bar before the gig 'cos we had to eat..and not drink too much (good move..the state of the portaloo outside the Point at even 4.30 made me glad I did not have to return!)
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Greetings from Leeds!

There's a fair few that are with me now (burtschips, AMENt, Duggro and his sis)

We met shit loads. Most at the pub.

Hello to you all again!

If anyone has Irish Al's number (if he's not online again) could some pm me so we can get in contact with him at leeds.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    I didn't meet everyone I wanted to! I thought I was going to pick up my wristbands and come back to the pub, but security didn't let us out again! So only a brief hello at the pub for most! Met Al , but only briefly (a good thing maybe?). Lovely seeing Stian again! Wanted to find Gitta and Danmac. Didn't get to meet Cagey and Sneaky One! But met loads and loads! Was next to jaymac during the show.
    Had a great time! Dunk! Didn't get any of your 'rot your teeth stuff'! Also, you wouldn't have a spare badge, would you? Or anyone else??
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Does anybody know if Jeff (soonforgotten2) made it in????
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Met a few more tonight again, NewAgeHippie, Wolfamongstwolves, JennyTree.

And hey Dunk, thanks for the badges. I'm still wearing mine :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    I didn't meet everyone I wanted to! I thought I was going to pick up my wristbands and come back to the pub, but security didn't let us out again! So only a brief hello at the pub for most! Met Al , but only briefly (a good thing maybe?). Lovely seeing Stian again! Wanted to find Gitta and Danmac. Didn't get to meet Cagey and Sneaky One! But met loads and loads! Was next to jaymac during the show.
    Had a great time! Dunk! Didn't get any of your 'rot your teeth stuff'! Also, you wouldn't have a spare badge, would you? Or anyone else??
    you did see Gitta..though I forgot to introduce..she was with me after when we talked in front of the Jury's House.

???that was dunk with the toffy-type cake thingy?? damn!!!!! was just before we left the pub, nobody introduced us :( not sure I even had a good look enough to recognise him..too many people to see, too little time..
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I met a lot of people briefly, saw a lot of people but was never introduced to them, but here are the people I remember talking to:

Wash_
    burtschips
    AMENtTOTHAT
    Hitch-Hiker
    Housing_Jim
    Gen
    Binaural (and his friend who I don't think is on here)
    UKDave
    DaveBrown
    Keithos
    stonesgstring
    emmi
    Heineken Helen
    Duggro

My mind has gone blank...
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    oh Thanks Dunk, you forgot me already ! :(

REd i have been wondering the same i felt SO sorry for him , just b4 we started going in i saw him talking to the ppl at the 10c ticket box, i hope to pj he did get in ...... a lovely fella .