Options

Wtf why was my thread locked?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ciccone wrote:
    1588748-thread_police_badge.jpg

um, not exactly. the dude is asking a question, and he's getting legitimate answers.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    ...10c saying its against the rules isnt going to stop anyone.

Except on their forum, where you have to sell/trade according to their rules.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    So whats the difference between flipping a backpack or flipping a ticket? 10c seems to be promoting flipping merch but not tickets.

so do you think that an experience holds the same value as a physical item?

would you eat half your Big Mac and then sell the rest to someone else?

would you buy a ticket to a concert, keep it in your wallet, and try to sell it years later?

no, there are obvious differences between buying a product and buying an experience. one has a finite time of usage and one doesn't.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,240
    Horse2345 wrote:
    So whats the difference between flipping a backpack or flipping a ticket? 10c seems to be promoting flipping merch but not tickets.

would you buy a ticket to a concert, keep it in your wallet, and try to sell it years later?

no, there are obvious differences between buying a product and buying an experience. one has a finite time of usage and one doesn't.

Point?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Horse, ask around on the facebook PJ forums. You wont have to deal with the rules there.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    Horse2345 wrote:

Point?

you can't put the same value on a product as an experience.

plus, the band probably doesn't give two fucks who can afford a backpack and who can't. but they certainly would care about having a bunch of sawyers in the front row. I guarantee you that.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    Ha ha ha ha Sawyer. What ever happened to that guy??
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    lando wrote:
    He's on facebook forum. :D
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    lando wrote:

He's in the Dave Matthews band fan club
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    i think the rules are clear..there is a reminder in the top of the page..
    tix sold to members only for face value..and with money..no trades
    you pay 75$ or what ever the face value is and buy a tic from another member
    by offering something that we ALL know is worth in the market away more than 75$ you are creating a situation tempting to the seller,to sell it to you,choose you and "win" more that he paid for the ticket,+ isnt fair for the rest of the fans that dont have to offer something similar item and have only cash..
    its easy to understand that you can sell your backpack for 200$ and give 75 for the ticket and keep the rest,but you didnt do it,cos by that you loosing the advantage to seducible the seller and with out that advantage,you are just the next guy searching for a GA tix..
    thats was the problem with your offer,IMO
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Horse, ask around on the facebook PJ forums. You wont have to deal with the rules there.

yep,is what mostly people do

Horse2345 wrote:
    ...10c saying its against the rules isnt going to stop anyone.

Except on their forum, where you have to sell/trade according to their rules.

true..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    Maybe the question would have been better directed privately to the Mod who locked your thread for the accurate answer

all we can do is speculate and once everyone has had their say you will be non the wiser.

Ask them and you will find out. If you disagree with their position, theres not a lot you can do about it but at least you'll have the exact answer
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Maybe the question would have been better directed privately to the Mod who locked your thread for the accurate answer

all we can do is speculate and once everyone has had their say you will be non the wiser.

Ask them and you will find out. If you disagree with their position, theres not a lot you can do about it but at least you'll have the exact answer

Thats the first thing i did, no reply.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    by offering something that we ALL know is worth in the market away more than 75$ you are creating a situation tempting to the seller,to sell it to you,choose you and "win" more that he paid for the ticket,+ isnt fair for the rest of the fans that dont have to offer something similar item and have only cash..
    its easy to understand that you can sell your backpack for 200$ and give 75 for the ticket and keep the rest,but you didnt do it,cos by that you loosing the advantage to seducible the seller and with out that advantage,you are just the next guy searching for a GA tix..

I see what your trying to say but we all know the market value for the ticket is more than $75.
    And what about the guy/girl that that ends up with a spare and really wants a backpack but just doesnt have the cash to pay so called market value hows that fair to them?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    Horse2345 wrote:

I see what your trying to say but we all know the market value for the ticket is more than $75.
    And what about the guy/girl that that ends up with a spare and really wants a backpack but just doesnt have the cash to pay so called market value hows that fair to them?

surely they can go and sell that ticket elsewhere, and then buy that backpack, just clearly not here.

its not ideal, granted, but that's the rules of the forum
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:

merch,is another story..you buy a poster and its for ever,so the market change..
    we are talking about the show,which happens ones,and thats it+
    there are alot of ways to buy merch..alot of them sold at shows,a fan can get one for you from the shop,or the show.at artist page,here at the shop,at retalers..
    10c fan club tix,its a privalage for the members only,sold only here,alot missed and its unfair to see get sold in any other way than the price of face value..tickets hasdifferent policy and there is animportant reason they do it..
    and should stay as it is,face value only ..no trades,no cash and givde you a ride,ill buy uposter and an ice creamand so on
    then will happens what we all hate here with ebay and stubhub,and will fuck the number one sharing of this community..
    good the tickets have their own policy
  • Options
    ^^^
    for exable..i didnt preorder vault 3 vinyl..
    means,im fucked,no way to find it face value,.even here...the train left the station
    i didnt score 10c tix for the show..
    i have alot chances to find a 10c spare for face value here or anywhere else,at other pj social media..
    and that the success of the 10c tickets policy
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    its likely a slippery slope type of deal.

They dont want people obtaining/hoarding ticket opportunities as currency to acquire valuable merchandise items. As it is, many people take advantage of speculating which merchandise will be coveted to use as bargaining chips.

Before you know it, we will see people offering 2 GA tickets for a "show they 'suddenly' cant make it to", or "ended up pairing up with a buddy with GA" for a Benny.

Then tickets will be even harder to get for people who actually want to obtain tickets to simply attend shows.
  • Options

Thanks. Im not on facebook can anyone guide me to any PJ facebook forums?
    Thanks
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

They dont want people obtaining/hoarding ticket opportunities as currency to acquire valuable merchandise items. As it is, many people take advantage of speculating which merchandise will be coveted to use as bargaining chips.

Before you know it, we will see people offering 2 GA tickets for a "show they 'suddenly' cant make it to", or "ended up pairing up with a buddy with GA" for a Benny.

Then tickets will be even harder to get for people who actually want to obtain tickets to simply attend shows.
    yes..and must say as it is..ticket must stay for face value ONLY...and anyone do anything different than that must lose his tickets privilege
    its one of the last things here that fans help eachother without wait anything in return,or gets profit ..and its great..
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

yes..and must say as it is..ticket must stay for face value ONLY...and anyone do anything different than that must lose his tickets privilege
    its one of the last things here that fans help eachother without wait anything in return,or gets profit ..and its great..

Thats exactly what i was offering, im helping someone get a backpack they want theyre helping me get a ticket. We both paid roughly $75 noones making a profit!
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:

Thats exactly what i was offering, im helping someone get a backpack they want theyre helping me get a ticket. We both paid roughly $75 noones making a profit!
    no,you offering something cant be found nowhere,its sold out limited merch and if u can find it,its around 200-300$ and sure the seller will choose you than 75 $ in cash
    + will create the beggining of fans buy merch for trade it with fan club tickets,or fans will buy tickets for trade them with rare items instead give it to other fans for face.
    next time,you will be in the place have the need of ticket and will suck when the seller dont sell it to you for 75$ and prefer a guy offering his ny 2010 poster.or hotel room,or beers,or lap dances.or rides from airpoort for the ticket.
    mods did the right thing,and ticket policy must say as it is..fan club ticket = money only and face value.