Options

Wtf why was my thread locked?

Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,240
edited October 2013 in Lost Dogs
It makes absolutely no sense, there was no auction and a price was set.
What is wrong with trading a PJ20 backpack for a ga ticket? They were pretty much the same price so face value rule is met?
Cmon are you trying to say i cant value my pack at what i paid for it? Its mine i can value it at whatever i want.
UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I agree 100% with you. Total shit. Face value of both is almost identical. I assume this thread will be locked with no explanation aside from a copy and paste of the forum rules.
  • Options
    I agree 100% as well. A price was set and the original values were very close. There's no reason why the thread should have been locked.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Horse2345 wrote:
    It makes absolutely no sense, there was no auction and a price was set.
    What is wrong with trading a PJ20 backpack for a ga ticket? They were pretty much the same price so face value rule is met?
    Cmon are you trying to say i cant value my pack at what i paid for it? Its mine i can value it at whatever i want.
    Probably because some members think they have a higher authority than others around this place and run to the mods if They see something they don't like. The lock made no sense to me.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,894
    I think we need a "Locked Threads" link on this forum. Sometimes it can be some great reading material :lol:.

Hell, we already have a "View Unanswered Posts" link :crazy:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I think we need a "Locked Threads" link on this forum. Sometimes it can be some great reading material :lol:.

It's awesome. Just click on sea or kats profile and look at their posts. There are some real gems out there.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,894
    LloydXmas wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

It's awesome. Just click on sea or kats profile and look at their posts. There are some real gems out there.

I just found a thread I started out of major frustration :oops:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    I think the difference between the BP and the ticket is less then $4.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    I think because even though the original value isn't the same anymore, they viewed as the person getting the backpack could sell for an inflated price? Just my guess
  • Options
    I think because even though the original value isn't the same anymore, they viewed as the person getting the backpack could sell for an inflated price? Just my guess
    What if he sells the GA ticket? That's gonna fetch way more then the BP. The original value of both is equal. And I don't know this dude from Adam. I just think it's bs he's thread got locked.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Such a double standard in this place. People can sell Benny's for hundreds of dollars but this dude can't trade a back pack for a ga ticket.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,465
    Im sure they locked it because the value of the item offered in trade exceeded the face value of the ticket. Its against the rules. Right now the band allows us to offer spares on here for face value and id hate to see them discontinue that because people werent doing the right thing.

Agree ir disagree with it but the rule is the rule.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs wrote:
    Im sure they locked it because the value of the item offered in trade exceeded the face value of the ticket. Its against the rules. Right now the band allows us to offer spares on here for face value and id hate to see them discontinue that because people werent doing the right thing.

The value was $75. So it's the secondary market that matters? And did you frame the Kong yet?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Such a double standard in this place. People can sell Benny's for hundreds of dollars but this dude can't trade a back pack for a ga ticket.

I think it is just because there are tickets involved. There really is no difference between someone buying a ticket so they can sell for 3x the original price or trade for something worth 3x the original price of the tickets. That is what the 10C is trying to prevent for tickets.

I think they've given up on caring about merch trades/sales (other than no auctions).

I think if there was a trade for the backpack for the EMEK Wrigley poster (unsigned) the thread would have stayed alive even though the values are way different.
  • Options
    on2legs wrote:

How is it the wrong thing? Noone can tell me the value of my property , i can sell the backpack for $78 if i want to. 10c is basically telling me i have to sell my pack for more than i paid for it. Its complete bs.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,896
    Horse2345 wrote:
    on2legs wrote:

How is it the wrong thing? Noone can tell me the value of my property , i can sell the backpack for $78 if i want to. 10c is basically telling me i have to sell my pack for more than i paid for it. Its complete bs.

Not necessarily you selling the pack, but also possibly the recipient after the trade. It's tricky because there's a finite end date to the value of the ticket. The day after the show, the ticket no longer retains its value while the backpack still has value as a rare, collectible item. The person receiving the backpack could turn around and sell the backpack for market value, which would be a roundabout way of scalping the ticket.

While the original costs are similar, the perceived values of the ticket vs. the pack are different according to the forum rules. For the ticket, you're only allowed to ask face value. For the backpack, you're allowed to set a reasonable price based on the collectible value of the item in excess of the original face value. The question that arises is that if you're unable to find a trade for a Seattle GA, would you be willing to come back here and offer the backpack for sale at face value or would it then be valued differently if you were looking for another sold out, collectible item?
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    on2legs wrote:

Can I buy your backpack for $78? Let me know your Paypal account and I'll send you the funds. Thanks! I'm so excited to find this backpack and for less than only 25% of the fair market value too.

You are the best!
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    on2legs wrote:

not really. in essence you are offering $300 (or whatever that backpack goes for) for a ticket that costs $75. that's a massive profit for the current ticketholder. you know the backpack isn't worth $75, and you know no one would trade their ticket for, let's say, the drop in the park vinyl (which averages around $70). so you KNOW you are trading for over face value.

if you are willing to sell your backpack for $78, I'll buy it off you right now. I need one.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    on2legs wrote:

Can I buy your backpack for $78? Let me know your Paypal account and I'll send you the funds. Thanks! I'm so excited to find this backpack and for less than only 25% of the fair market value too.

You are the best!

Sure if i can buy your seattle ga for $78.
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    Horse2345 wrote:

You are the best!

Sure if i can buy your seattle ga for $78.

I don't have a GA ticket but you can use the $78 towards the GA ticket you want, unless you think the trade value of the backpack is worth more than the $78 needed for the cost of the ticket.

Clearly you must understand that you are trading something worth around $300 for a ticket that cost $90. You may try to talk your way out of it. There is a reason you offered the backpack versus cash or another PJ trade item with the same cost of the ticket but not worth as much as the backpack.
  • Options
    1588748-thread_police_badge.jpg
    Molson Amphitheatre - Jun 28, 2003
    Copps Coliseum - Sep 13, 2005
    Air Canada Centre - Sep 19, 2005
    E Center - Sep 28, 2009
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010
    HSBC Arena - May 10, 2010
    Air Canada Centre - Sep 11, 2011
    Air Canada Centre - Sep 12, 2011
    Copps Coliseum - Sep 15, 2011
    Budweiswer Gardens- July 16, 2013
    1st Mariner Arena - Oct 27, 2013
    John Paul Jones Arena - Oct 29, 2013
    US Bank Arena-Oct 1, 2014
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    on2legs wrote:

not really. in essence you are offering $300 (or whatever that backpack goes for) for a ticket that costs $75. that's a massive profit for the current ticketholder. you know the backpack isn't worth $75, and you know no one would trade their ticket for, let's say, the drop in the park vinyl (which averages around $70). so you KNOW you are trading for over face value.

if you are willing to sell your backpack for $78, I'll buy it off you right now. I need one.

The point is the backpack cost $75 the ticket cost $78. Yes value of pack may be $300 but the value of the ticket is NOT $78. Everyone knows people are selling their tickets for more than what they paid. Its a joke 10club is basically promoting flipping everything but tickets.
  • Options
    Sure if i can buy your seattle ga for $78.[/quote]

I don't have a GA ticket but you can use the $78 towards the GA ticket you want, unless you think the trade value of the backpack is worth more than the $78 needed for the cost of the ticket.

Clearly you must understand that you are trading something worth around $300 for a ticket that cost $90. You may try to talk your way out of it. There is a reason you offered the backpack versus cash or another PJ trade item with the same cost of the ticket but not worth as much as the backpack.[/quote]

Exactly thanks for proving my point, yes i can put it towards buying a ga ticket because no one is going to sell their ticket for $78 they'll be selling for a lot more.
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    Exactly thanks for proving my point, yes i can put it towards buying a ga ticket because no one is going to sell their ticket for $78 they'll be selling for a lot more.

Then why do you think the backpack will work for a trade if its value is only $78 to you? The answer is because you think someone else will view it as being worth $250 and trade you their extra GA ticket for it.

You can say you can do lots of things, but will you? I could sell my 2004 used car for $78 when it is probably worth $7,000, but I'm not going to do it.
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:

We know you're not a bad guy. But it does violate the forum rules so you can't do it. It's their forum and they can make the rules which we have to follow or they pull the plug on your thread.

I have sold spare ten club tickets through lost dogs for face value, including Wrigley (6th row on the field). I could have flipped the tickets for way more than a backpack but I didn't because it violates the rules. There are always ways to get around the rules and make deals outside this forum but I feel like the band gives me amazing tickets at a ridiculous low price and I don't want to break the trust they put in me. Hokey I know, but I feel like me and the band made a deal and I wouldn't want to go back on my word.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs wrote:

The value was $75. So it's the secondary market that matters? And did you frame the Kong yet?

I did :D Thanks again and good luck with your pending arrival.

• Options
    So whats the difference between flipping a backpack or flipping a ticket? 10c seems to be promoting flipping merch but not tickets.
  • Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    So whats the difference between flipping a backpack or flipping a ticket? 10c seems to be promoting flipping merch but not tickets.

I have no idea, but I think the main difference is that they want to keep the good seats in the hands of the average fan and not let it become a free for all where only people with a ton of cash end up with the best seats.

• Options
    on2legs wrote:
    Horse2345 wrote:

I have no idea, but I think the main difference is that they want to keep the good seats in the hands of the average fan and not let it become a free for all where only people with a ton of cash end up with the best seats.

Making a trade has no effect on any of that. You still have to win the lottery to get the tickets. People with a ton of cash are going to get tickets no matter what. The people who are going to sell their tickets are the people who are going to sell their extra tickets for what ever they want, 10c saying its against the rules isnt going to stop anyone.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I guess the bottom line is their forum their rules. But I would hate to see them shut down all ticket trades or sales because we don't abide by their rules. A lot of people depend on buying spares for face to see multiple shows.
    Post edited by on2legs on

• Options
    Horse2345 wrote:
    on2legs wrote:
    Horse2345 wrote:

Making a trade has no effect on any of that. You still have to win the lottery to get the tickets. People with a ton of cash are going to get tickets no matter what. The people who are going to sell their tickets are the people who are going to sell their extra tickets for what ever they want, 10c saying its against the rules isnt going to stop anyone.

Sure, but they aren't going to let you do it in the open on their own site.

I really think tickets are viewed differently by the band than goods. Goods are collectibles and there are expectations that they'll appreciate in value and eventually be sought after items that people will hoard and profit on. Tickets on the other hand allow people to experience music live, of which music is the whole point of Pearl Jam (not posters or backpacks - side items to profit on). I think they try extra hard to get the tickets in the hands of the fans for a reasonable price, and not let scalpers profit off of it.