Options

Someones Selling the Vault #3 LP

JexJex Posts: 283
edited October 2013 in Lost Dogs
I was on a certain auction site that we all know and there was one up for sale. $500 bucks was the asking price!!!
There was a picture of it too.This makes me wonder if he actual has one already, possibly from the first order the ten club made but didn't approve. Mine hasn't left the warehouse yet. I wonder if the ten club will take it down.
"Mine is mine and yours won't take its place.."
1.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 / 2.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 / 3.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 / 4.iWireless Center Moline, IL 10-17-2014 / 5.Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 / 6.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2016 / 7.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-22-2016 / 8.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-18-2018 / 9.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Better not plan on buying it low
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    And the flippers begin! Scumbucket douche bags!.
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    What a greedy donkey dick. Doesn't even have the proper picture for it. Peeps like this need to get the boot from the club
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    You would be left with 10 percent of the club.
  • Options
    landolando Posts: 661
    RC153010 wrote:
    You would be left with 10 percent of the club.

Sad if that's really true
    Edmonton 93, Vancouver 05, Vancouver 09, Edmonton 11, Vancouver 11
  • Options
    Got my shipping confirm today!
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    Jex wrote:
    I was on a certain auction site that we all know and there was one up for sale. $500 bucks was the asking price!!!
    There was a picture of it too.This makes me wonder if he actual has one already, possibly from the first order the ten club made but didn't approve. Mine hasn't left the warehouse yet. I wonder if the ten club will take it down.

The picture is of the Vault #3 cd that I posted for all to see on the 10 Club when I received it! The asshole is using MY picture that I took of the cd! Overpriced and not even his picture..... What an asshole!
  • Options
    you know, you are allowed to say "eBay" here. we're just not allowed to post links. :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Shitty of him to steal the pic, but otherwise I don't see the big deal. People had several days to preorder this just a few months ago and now the secondary market is the only place to get it. If you wanted a good deal on it, pay a little attention.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Shitty of him to steal the pic, but otherwise I don't see the big deal. People had several days to preorder this just a few months ago and now the secondary market is the only place to get it. If you wanted a good deal on it, pay a little attention.

I wouldn't even call it "stealing" the picture. the picture was posted on the internet. at that point, it becomes public property unless it's copyrighted, which I'm guessing it wasn't. :lol:

I wonder if this set will be the new Benny.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    DewieCox wrote:

I wouldn't even call it "stealing" the picture. the picture was posted on the internet. at that point, it becomes public property unless it's copyrighted, which I'm guessing it wasn't. :lol:

I wonder if this set will be the new Benny.

I wasn't that pissed about the picture per say. I posted the original image of the cd on here for all to see and enjoy. Hell, once something is posted on the internet, it's on the internet. My problem was that I did not want my picture to be associated with the listing. I have no way of knowing if the listing was legit or not and I did not think it was cool to use for what it was used for.

In the end, someone posted on another thread that the listing was pulled and the reason given by the seller/eBay was the item is "lost or broken". Whatever I guess. No harm or foul all around.
  • Options
    I don't get why people get in a hissy fit about these things. Who cares if someone lists something for an outrageous price? Doesn't mean its going to sell and if it does well that buyer just has a lot of money to blow. Everyone in the club had plenty of opportunities to buy this, we got emails about it and it was up for a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I don't get why people get in a hissy fit about these things. Who cares if someone lists something for an outrageous price? Doesn't mean its going to sell and if it does well that buyer just has a lot of money to blow. Everyone in the club had plenty of opportunities to buy this, we got emails about it and it was up for a couple of weeks.

Gotta agree. I've got my copy on my shelf and I'm happy. If someone wants to sell their copy or 'flip' it whatever. People on here are critical of flipping all the time but the same people do it. If someone is willing to drop $500 on this then who is the fool? The guy selling or the guy buying?
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    boyo79 wrote:

Gotta agree. I've got my copy on my shelf and I'm happy. If someone wants to sell their copy or 'flip' it whatever. People on here are critical of flipping all the time but the same people do it. If someone is willing to drop $500 on this then who is the fool? The guy selling or the guy buying?
    It's not like that at all. If someone's buying something so that he can sell it the next day for twice or more the price, that means that i ,who was interested in let's say a poster, am forced to spend 2-3 times more. If the first guy who was only interested in funding his wallet didn't buy the poster in the first place then the poster would end up in someone's wall for the original price. But i'm only talking about the cases where something is new to the market, bought and sold within days or so.
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    yeah..will never get this one now..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,024
    deftones wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

It's not like that at all. If someone's buying something so that he can sell it the next day for twice or more the price, that means that i ,who was interested in let's say a poster, am forced to spend 2-3 times more. If the first guy who was only interested in funding his wallet didn't buy the poster in the first place then the poster would end up in someone's wall for the original price. But i'm only talking about the cases where something is new to the market, bought and sold within days or so.

Yeah, for limited edition items I agree. But in this situation, somebody buying a copy to sell didn't impact on my ability to get one, so good luck to them if that's what they want to do. But I won't be selling my copy for anything 8-)
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,855
    yeah when its pressed to order, everyone had a good window of opportunity to buy, and no one lost out through someone else buying....
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

i don't get why reality is so shocking for some people

especially when they get their panties in a bunch over a "listing" price
  • Options
    but this particular item wasn't limited. someone buying to flip it in no way affected anyone else's ability to buy it. it was a pre order for how long? weeks? a couple months?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    but this particular item wasn't limited. someone buying to flip it in no way affected anyone else's ability to buy it. it was a pre order for how long? weeks? a couple months?

logic doesn't matter... it's really expensive on ebay!!! i think the guy is killing puppies too!!

:mrgreen:
  • Options

you mean other people right? there's no way you weren't on here for 6 weeks! :lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

you mean other people right? there's no way you weren't on here for 6 weeks! :lol:
    no me..i forget to order it!! :fp:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

holy shit. I can't believe it! :o
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Beck..Beck.. Posts: 535
    I don't see the problem, i bought a yield vinyl a few weeks back for $220 inc postage, that was probibly bought for $15 at the time, does that make the seller an arsehole??
  • Options

Seriously? This is weird.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I've said it before: I'm okay with the flipping.

I've been forced to go to EBay and pay much more than I would have liked on more than one occasion. If the only people that bought these posters were the ones that wanted to keep them... I would have had no chance at getting one.

People concerned about this stuff need to pick another fight to be concerned with. Who cares?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    I don't have a prob with people selling their PJ vinyl on eBay (I would not have most of my PJ albums if it weren't for those people!). It's the outrageous price that this person posted it for that was offensive. I mean come on. You're a 10c member. Don't be a dick about it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't have a prob with people selling their PJ vinyl on eBay (I would not have most of my PJ albums if it weren't for those people!). It's the outrageous price that this person posted it for that was offensive. I mean come on. You're a 10c member. Don't be a dick about it.

so what would have been a non-dick price? and who gets to set that?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

I've contacted Santos about sending you mine. it hasn't been shipped yet.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

I've contacted Santos about sending you mine. it hasn't been shipped yet.
    I was gonna say earlier that I bet he would get one, but jeebuzz that was fast, aren't they going to sell a few extras in the shop, if not, sweet move hugh freaking dillon. Maybe just contacting the ten club would work in securing a copy for dimitris, pretty sure they are aware of his existence and his incredibly giving nature.