Options

Someones Selling the Vault #3 LP

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I don't have a prob with people selling their PJ vinyl on eBay (I would not have most of my PJ albums if it weren't for those people!). It's the outrageous price that this person posted it for that was offensive. I mean come on. You're a 10c member. Don't be a dick about it.

so what would have been a non-dick price? and who gets to set that?
    I dunno. :lol: Of course it's arbitrary. But over $500 just seems like way too much. Just greedy and assholey. If it was less than $200 I wouldn't have, called him a dick. :lol: Anyway, what people will buy them for is what really matters. I hope no one pays that amount for it, because that buyer could set the bar, and then that person is kind of a dick too. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    The prices will come down significantly in a few days when they all arrive.

I can't fault the guy for trying to make a buck in this economy.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,043
    PSUS2H wrote:
    I can't fault the guy for trying to make a buck in this economy.

This is why I don't have a problem with flipping. I was lucky enough to get the Wrigley Ames variant, and I liked it better than any of the other show posters. However, seeing what it's going for on eBayakes it tough to hang on to for a rational person with bills. I mean, it's a screen printed piece of paper, not even an original drawing by the artist. Anyways, I'm sure there are a lot of other people that buy stuff because they initially think it's cool but turn around and sell it when they realize the value to another person.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited September 2013
    I know its frowned upon but kind of wishing I bought a spare just to trade. I thought there would be very little demand as it was available for so long to preorder. Even now I have to admit that I'm tempted to sell and pick another one up when prices drop but its a risky strategy. Unfortunately its all part of the game with records now, buy, sell, trade to get the stuff you want, you also learn not to hang about when it comes to buying vinyl. I learned that the hard way with the Benny box. $500 was a bit over the top though for this.

Dont think any members can complain they never new about this as there was emails plus it was on the site for weeks.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Ticked I didn't see any email or anything on ordering a copy and now have to deal with opportunistic jerks like this to get a copy. It should have been limited to one per member.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    RD101189 wrote:
    Ticked I didn't see any email or anything on ordering a copy and now have to deal with opportunistic jerks like this to get a copy. It should have been limited to one per member.

It was
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    RD101189 wrote:

It was

was it? I thought there were people who were able to buy more than one as long as it wasn't in the same transaction.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I bought 3. 1 for me, 1 for a buddy and a spare, which has already been claimed by another buddy. Got shipping confirmations for all 3.
  • Options
    you know, you are allowed to say "eBay" here. we're just not allowed to post links. :lol:

its like ebay is the voldemort of the 10c forum
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    RD101189 wrote:

It was

was it? I thought there were people who were able to buy more than one as long as it wasn't in the same transaction.

Well, folks have multiple memberships (or access to them). Pretty sure it was 1 each (for what that was obviously worth). The fact is, it was open for orders for a long time. There's no reason any member who wanted one didn't get one. If you're not a member......well, that's another story.
  • Options

Well, folks have multiple memberships (or access to them). Pretty sure it was 1 each (for what that was obviously worth). The fact is, it was open for orders for a long time. There's no reason any member who wanted one didn't get one. If you're not a member......well, that's another story.

dewie posted above he bought 3.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

Wasn't limited and I think the last few days of presale were open to public.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Really? The public? I don't think that's true. But what do i know?
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Yeah not totally sure. Just trying to make sense of the sale page which said a a limited number would be available to non members following the presale. I assumed they would round the number ordered up and put those for sale, but Santos said that wasn't the case.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Yeah not totally sure. Just trying to make sense of the sale page which said a a limited number would be available to non members following the presale. I assumed they would round the number ordered up and put those for sale, but Santos said that wasn't the case.

you know the communication around here is always tip top notch! everyone understands everything!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 730
    when this was first announced, I pre-ordered 2. the next day someone had one on Ebay for $300. it was gone in less than 24 hours. $500 is fishing but who knows. a Black promo cd just went for $236. the only way to beat the Bay is to be patient. i always smile when something i have goes for some stupid amount. makes being a fan/collector that more gratifying. i'm glad i got 2, this looks like a nice package
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Yeah i have mine and it sure is a thing of beauty. I have seen a post on another board where a non member was able to buy on the last day. They are bound to have ordered some extras to allow for faulty and damaged. As soon as all members have them they might put these up for sale but that amount would be limited.
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    you know, you are allowed to say "eBay" here. we're just not allowed to post links. :lol:

Should only be able to type it one time though, unlike SMILEY FACES limited to TWENTY!!!

eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay eBay :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

See? It just doesn't seem right. There is no baaaalance.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Yeah, it's expensive, for sure. I wish I could have bought one but it was a few days before payday, so I missed out. But... if I did get one and if some idiot was willing to drop 500 bones on it, I'd help him part with his money. As if you wouldn't! I bought a backpack as I was in the market for one as I was riding to work, then saw what people were buying them for, so of course I chucked it on eBay at face value and giggled like a school girl when someone paid over $330 for it. I just bought another quality backpack. Didn't buy 2 or 3, nor to just flip, but who could blame you! If I find my limited edition PJ20 Blu-Ray in storage I'm so selling it! I'm happy with the reissue. And we see stuff like the EV hardcover book selling on here for $150... someone is still making a lot more money out of it compared to what they paid for it... or Benny... damn!

It's all market driven, yo. Don't hate the players hate the game... or don't be part of it, more so.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    foodshop65 wrote:
    when this was first announced, I pre-ordered 2. the next day someone had one on Ebay for $300. it was gone in less than 24 hours. $500 is fishing but who knows. a Black promo cd just went for $236. the only way to beat the Bay is to be patient. i always smile when something i have goes for some stupid amount. makes being a fan/collector that more gratifying. i'm glad i got 2, this looks like a nice package

Why did you buy 2?
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    anyone has an extra for face,let me know,i forget to order it
    thanks
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    thanks
    Someone get dimitris a copy!!!!!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    Ty wrote:
    foodshop65 wrote:

Why did you buy 2?

because he could
  • Options
    kramer73 wrote:
    Ty wrote:
    foodshop65 wrote:

Why did you buy 2?

because he could

And regadless, the beauty of this one was that ordering an extra didn't effect others getting it. In fact, you could argue it decreased the after market value for everyone bc it's that much less rare.
  • Options
    thanks

This is why I sometimes think of ordering stuff I don't need. Wish I had one for ya.
  • Options
    thanks

With that many posts I am surprised you miss anything...

Hope you get one though!

:-)
  • Options
    JexJex Posts: 283
    Has anyone gotten theirs yet? If so, can you post a pic? thanks!
    "Mine is mine and yours won't take its place.."
    1.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 / 2.Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 / 3.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 07-19-2013 / 4.iWireless Center Moline, IL 10-17-2014 / 5.Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 / 6.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2016 / 7.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-22-2016 / 8.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-18-2018 / 9.Wrigley Field Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    There's another one on ebay.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    thanks

With that many posts I am surprised you miss anything...

Hope you get one though!

:-)
    its complitly my fault,i said,ill do it tomorrow,tomorrow..and i forget it..i even post it at all pages at facebook and my wall to remind it to others..and forget me to do it.. :fp: :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    thanks

This is why I sometimes think of ordering stuff I don't need. Wish I had one for ya.
    thanks buddy!!