Options

So whose going to Athens...

SidetrackedSidetracked Posts: 113
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
..and where should we meet?
I know, I know it's months away but I'm just so excited...
done
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    coming from Jersey...gonna be in Greece for a month!

SWEET!
    "Let's go! Fuck this fuckin' chocolate factory," EV 7/12/03, Hershey Park, PA
  • Options
    TerryibleTerryible Posts: 462
    Im coming from New Zealand and i'll be keen for a meet up for a few pre match drinks
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Options
    We are also going to be in Greece for the better part of the month. :D
    Coming from Canada.
    Hoping to hear from those in Greece as to the best place to meet up for drinks.
    done
  • Options
    coming from Manchester!
    Some people have to have the sultry evenings Cocktails in the blue, red and grey But I like every minute of the day.
    INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
    Newcastle-Riverside 02/22/92!!!
    E.rutherford New Jersey 01/06/06
    Athens -Greece.survived !barely-
    Wembley 18/06/07- no words- just smiles!
  • Options
    kristmacekristmace Posts: 212
    My personal opinion - this will be the best show of the tour. Closing show and first time in Greece ever. Have a good one!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Astoria; Dublin; Leeds
    2007: Wembley; Nijmegen
    2008: New York I & II
    2009: Shepherds Bush; Manchester; London
    2010: Hyde Park
    2012: Manchester I & II; EV London I & II
    2014: Stockholm; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2017: EV Dublin
    2018: London II
    2019: EV London

• Options
    Krist Mace wrote:
    My personal opinion - this will be the best show of the tour. Closing show and first time in Greece ever. Have a good one!

I agree, wholeheartedly ;)

Just wondering where all the Greek folks who signed that petition are? are you coming??? :confused:
    done
  • Options
    I will be going but then again I'm new in here and I'm from Greece.. :)

Forget about leaving bars from 23:00-24:00.This is Greece and everything stays open 'till the next morning.
    I'm very anxious about the show...hopefully there will be lots of funs waiting to listen to other songs than jeremy and alive which are great yeah but there are a lot more to look forward for.
  • Options
    desertmandesertman Posts: 132
    i'm from Athens...

i can answer your questions....

take a look at the venue... http://www.oaka.com.gr/stadium_intro.asp?e_lang_id=1&e_cat_serial=001003002&e_cat_id=144
    Olympic indoor sports center

one of the 2004 Athens Olympic Games stadiums...

it has a connection with the metro...which is the best way to get there.... http://www.isap.gr/index.asp

the station for OAKA is Irini...
    Marseille, Paris, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Zagreb, Athens....2006
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    marakomarako Posts: 25
    coming from Manchester!

Welcome!

Before the tour anouncment appart from Athens I was hoping for a MEN Arena gig. That would have been the perfect way for me to see PJ since I lived in Manchester for one year back in 96 and I have the best memories! However I'm considering comming to Leeds because I want to secure that I will see PJ in case something goes wrong with the Athens gig.
  • Options
    marako wrote:

However I'm considering comming to Leeds because I want to secure that I will see PJ in case something goes wrong with the Athens gig.

Aaah...a true Greek...thinks something will go wrong with the gig ;)
    I had faith you guys would get it together for the 2004 Olympics you did, try having a little faith that nothing will go wrong here either:D
    done
  • Options
    everything will be fine...
    dont worry... :)
    Marseille, Paris, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Torino, Pistoia, Zagreb, Athens....2006
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    wish i could go, but i can't :(
  • Options
    bump...ti....bump - to the front
    done
  • Options
    Not going to Greece, but I'm going to Zagreb, Croatia!!! ( a place i never thought I could ever visit)

Wish I could, I have always wished to go to Greece, but that's too much for me now, I will attend to 13 shows and I just can't afford Greece.
    Enjoy the show!! It's gonna be a memorable night.
  • Options
    Not going to Greece, but I'm going to Zagreb, Croatia!!! ( a place i never thought I could ever visit)

Wish I could, I have always wished to go to Greece, but that's too much for me now, I will attend to 13 shows and I just can't afford Greece.
    Enjoy the show!! It's gonna be a memorable night.

WOW! 13 shows? :eek: I'm in awe, have fun and enjoy !
    done
  • Options
    thanks for the info desertman...do you know if the concert would have general admission...or will there be seating?
    "Let's go! Fuck this fuckin' chocolate factory," EV 7/12/03, Hershey Park, PA
  • Options
    satansdick wrote:
    thanks for the info desertman...do you know if the concert would have general admission...or will there be seating?
    Athens didn't have an asterisk beside it so it looks to be General Admission.
    done
  • Options
    bumping again
    done
  • Options
    bumping again
    done
  • Options
    bumping again
    ooops
    done
  • Options
    coming from Istanbul. this will be my first (and hopefully not last) pearl jam gig..
    i'm a seed wondering why it grows..
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I would love to, but...... too far away~!~
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    rumblefish wrote:
    coming from Istanbul. this will be my first (and hopefully not last) pearl jam gig..

we are going to have a lot of fun... :)
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    satansdick wrote:

i let you know as soon as possible...
    but as Sidetracked said...probably general admission...
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    I¨m going to Athens! asked my brother if he wants to meet me there. So we might be two........ Any meetup spot??

AMENt TO THAT
  • Options
    I¨m going to Athens! asked my brother if he wants to meet me there. So we might be two........ Any meetup spot??

AMENt TO THAT

we are working on it.... :)
    Katowice....2007
  • Options
    nikosnikos Posts: 9
    hey there... I have already bought my 10c tickets for Athens.

And since I am now studying in UK I'll have the chance to see them in Reading Fest in August. Although I don't know if it is gonna be a good idea, my first ever PJ gig in an Indie/alternative festival with 70000 NME kids around... I would prefer if my first gig was Astoria but... anyway! :-(

The best thing for me is that as soon as I am finishing, once and for all, with my studies here I am returning to Greece for the PJ gig!!! It couldn't fit better... :-)

I am sure that a couple of days before the gig, there will be some PJ party in some popular rock club in Athens (probably Mobetter), so you internationals folks keep that in mind!

KEEP THIS THREAD STICKY! hehe
    I'll rise and fall, let me take credit for both...
  • Options
    nikos wrote:

I am sure that a couple of days before the gig, there will be some PJ party in some popular rock club in Athens (probably Mobetter), so you internationals folks keep that in mind!

KEEP THIS THREAD STICKY! hehe

Sounds good to us "internationals" ;) Keep us in the loop!
    done
  • Options
    desertman wrote:
    we are working on it.... :)

Awesome dude! Count me in! Post a blogg like the Astorian one where people can post their picture. It worked VERY well at the Astoria. I recognized alot of people.
  • Options
    Sounds good to us "internationals" ;) Keep us in the loop!

international from where? dock of the bay is just outside my window, but I've never seen you there ;)