• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    may the farce be with you......

Spaceballs.jpg
  • LloydXmas wrote:
    Wars

IV, V and VI only.

Yep, with V being the best.

This! Definitely this!

Love these movies. When I was a little girl my mom used to do my hair like Princess Leia's. I think I still have my action figures packed away somewhere...hmmm...might need to look for them.

I love the Packers. stupid, stupid bet. :|
    I lost a bet...
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,834
    Worf would kick Chewbacca's Ass, you know it to be True.

Bat'leth > Bowcaster, fo sho.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    greatest badass of all time ... YODA!
  • I think we can all agree that Darth Maul was the shit

sw1-jedi-vs-sith.jpg

He fought like a mutherfucker (cool), But his character was lame. Uninspired and no depth. He could've been really cool, but they didnt develop him at all. He had one line in the whole movie I believe.

Come on man. Dont say that. That hurts. :lol:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    To answer the question Star Wars of course.

But i actually prefer Battlestar Galactica to them both

and if i'm traveling across the Verse and i need a co pilot i'd enlist Capt Mal Reynolds to join my ship
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • He fought like a mutherfucker (cool), But his character was lame. Uninspired and no depth. He could've been really cool, but they didnt develop him at all. He had one line in the whole movie I believe.
    :

Same goes for Boba Fett. Would anybody have even remembered that characters name if they hadn't said it in E.T.? He looks cool though, so he became popular, same goes for Maul. But the lack of character depth created a lot of mystery which made them seem really cool. As George proved with delving into Vader and Fett's childhood, the mystery is much cooler than seeing their lives spelled out for us.

It was much cooler having no clue what Boba Fett looked like.

This...

boba_fett_5.jpg

Is much cooler than this...

tem-nz-245.jpg

and certainly this...

boba_fett_young.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Star Trek fans creep me out.

BTW, it's Space Balls for me.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,626
    Not to creep anybody out, but I'm Star Trek fan. :lol:

It must be an generation/age thing- looks like most of you are Wars fans.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Star Trek for me! Hard to beat Deep Space Nine (best Trek show) and the classic episodes from the original series and The Next Generation.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • He fought like a mutherfucker (cool), But his character was lame. Uninspired and no depth. He could've been really cool, but they didnt develop him at all. He had one line in the whole movie I believe.

He had to be killed off quickly. Had to be done so palpatine could focus his efforts on the real apprentice... the one he created with his former master... Anakin Skywalker.
    :

Same goes for Boba Fett. Would anybody have even remembered that characters name if they hadn't said it in E.T.? He looks cool though, so he became popular, same goes for Maul. But the lack of character depth created a lot of mystery which made them seem really cool. As George proved with delving into Vader and Fett's childhood, the mystery is much cooler than seeing their lives spelled out for us.

It was much cooler having no clue what Boba Fett looked like.

This...

boba_fett_5.jpg

Is much cooler than this...

tem-nz-245.jpg

and certainly this...

boba_fett_young.jpg

Boba Fett, the coolest of the Mandalorians
  • dankind wrote:

Wookies have been known to tear people in half. Just keep that in mind :lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    dankind wrote:

Wookies have been known to tear people in half. Just keep that in mind :lol:

ltWorfVSchewbacca.jpg
    Oh It's on!
  • Boba Fett, the coolest of the Mandalorians

I beg to differ

Caderous_ordo-1-.jpg
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    Star wars for me..
    (I've heard that Star Trek is science fiction but that Star Wars isn't)

I beg to differ

Caderous_ordo-1-.jpg

I still prefer him to Mandalore/Canderous Ordo

I beg to differ

Caderous_ordo-1-.jpg

I still prefer him to Mandalore/Canderous Ordo

I only know him from the 3 movies he was in, during which I don't think he ever managed to hit a single thing he was shooting at, then was defeated by a clumsy blind man.

• I only know him from the 3 movies he was in, during which I don't think he ever managed to hit a single thing he was shooting at, then was defeated by a clumsy blind man.

He was still cool, though.. Probably not the most accurate or anything. He was cool and he kept his mouth shut.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

I only know him from the 3 movies he was in, during which I don't think he ever managed to hit a single thing he was shooting at, then was defeated by a clumsy blind man.

He was still cool, though.. Probably not the most accurate or anything. He was cool and he kept his mouth shut.

He didn't fall for the M.F. disappearing trick, thats was cool and i think he had Wookie scalps hanging from his hip, that's bad ass.

• I only know him from the 3 movies he was in, during which I don't think he ever managed to hit a single thing he was shooting at, then was defeated by a clumsy blind man.

He didn't fall for the M.F. disappearing trick, thats was cool and i think he had Wookie scalps hanging from his hip, that's bad ass.

Yep, around his arm... braided wookie scalps... had to look that one up
  • He was cool and he kept his mouth shut.

And he can dance

tumblr_mhrdzqr2sd1r6kw99o1_400.gif
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    brianlux wrote:
    Not to creep anybody out, but I'm Star Trek fan. :lol:

It must be an generation/age thing- looks like most of you are Wars fans.

Live long, and Prosper.
  • Trek for me. Picard is awesome. Nuff said
    Happy up here in my tree
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Wars

IV, V and VI only.

Yep, with V being the best.

This! Definitely this!

Love these movies. When I was a little girl my mom used to do my hair like Princess Leia's. I think I still have my action figures packed away somewhere...hmmm...might need to look for them.

I love the Packers. stupid, stupid bet. :|

Pearl Jam fan, Cubs fan AND Star Wars fan? You just keep getting cooler and cooler.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    star-trek-demotivational5.jpg?w=549
    I really wish they had a comic book in which this was a possibility .
    Star Trek is mostly about exploration and Star Wars is about fighting for peace?
    The question is rhetorical , I'm just curious which crew would win?
    I doubt they would ever "duel", it just makes me sad when the two are confused.
    I would definitely want Scotty on-board where ever I traveled!
  • STAYSEA wrote:
    I really wish they had a comic book in which this was a possibility .
    Star Trek is mostly about exploration and Star Wars is about fighting for peace?
    The question is rhetorical , I'm just curious which crew would win?
    I doubt they would ever "duel", it just makes me sad when the two are confused.
    I would definitely want Scotty on-board where ever I traveled!

I think a crossover would be difficult, as one happens "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away", and the other takes place 200-300 years in the future and mostly within the Milky Way galaxy. I'm sure they could come up with some wormhole plot device to make something like that happen, and likely will, but it would be kind of a reach. But fun I'm sure.

As for who'd win, even though it was rhetorical, I'd say Star Wars probably. As you said, they're geared for war while Star Trek ships are mainly geared for exploration, peace, and science. I'd give it to Star Wars mainly because they have fighters, and I don't think the Enterprise would be able to do anything about fighters, Star Trek ships are mainly for large ship-to-ship combat. I don't think the shuttle craft would do much good against tie fighter wings.

Actually that's not enough. You need to make more of a case. Cptn Solo was awesome, too.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

Actually that's not enough. You need to make more of a case. Cptn Solo was awesome, too.

Kirk was more awesome than Picard anyway

captain+kirk.jpg
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:
    may the farce be with you......

Spaceballs.jpg
    One of the best movies EVER!!!! I own very few movies.. This and Robinhood Men In Tights are stalled in my very tiny movie collection!

I choose Star Wars. I grew up watching Star Trek, everyday at 3 after soap operas. Never got into it.. Star Wars was the very first film I ever saw in a movie theatre.. My poor Dad.. He'd only just gotten to meet me and I was this fucking retarded hyper kid!! He couldn't keep me in my seat!! But once the movie started, I was permanently enthralled!! Haven't stopped living this movie since.. Needless to say all six Ep., take up 80% if my collection!!