Options

15 years of loyalty and 1hour later im assed out!! WTF

124»

Comments

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    augustwest wrote:
    maybe mansfield&msg should have been a lottery because not everyone has the opportunity to log on 1 minute before the 10c sale

i still think thats the only way to handle shows that will easily sell out of the 10c allotment

That would work...oh, wait it's 2008. Sorry, not going to happen.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    rrivers wrote:
    That would work...oh, wait it's 2008. Sorry, not going to happen.

wondering why you think a lottery isn't possible/feasible for high demand shows?
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    The worst thread about ticket complaining yet; what was he thinking?
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    It hasn't always been a mad scramble for tickets. I can see where you feel like you were screwed. I remember the whole "mail in index cards" for tickets procedure. It was a pain in the ass, but guess what, you got 10c tickets.

Yeah, but back then pretty much everyone was able to get what they wanted. Can you imagine the whining when people on the east coast start complaining that they're at a disadvantage 'cause it takes longer for mail to get to Seattle? I always overnighted my requests out there, but still...as it is we have people who want "local only" shows and other nonsense...the mail-in days are gone forever I'm afraid.
  • Options
    EvilRabbitEvilRabbit Posts: 286
    Loyalty that can end so easily, was never true loyalty in the first place.
    Are you a screenwriter?
    www.screenplaymechanic.com
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    augustwest wrote:
    wondering why you think a lottery isn't possible/feasible for high demand shows?

Why would they put themselves through all the work it takes for a lottery when what they have set up is basically a lottery now, only better for those trying to get tickets because you can do things to help yourself (ie get on a faster computer, etc.)
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    loyalty has nothing to do with competence
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    Somebody Call This Guy A

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    this post has proven to be a great conversation starter....kudos to the upset PJ fan.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.