Options

15 years of loyalty and 1hour later im assed out!! WTF

Aghost N. HidingAghost N. Hiding Posts: 17
edited March 2008 in The Porch
You can all say what you want, but to be at work and wait all day for break at 3 when tickets go on sale at 2 and to see no Mansfield tickets....after 15 years of loyal service to this fan club.....and making sure I value my membership more than anything on this planet just to be an hour after pre sale and be assed out is ridiculous.... what a joke.... well next year theres a real good fan club number thats gonna be re pooled.I know its gonna be a great show congrats to those who got in.Never ever would have expected this...
"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"-Magic hat bottle cap
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652
    You can all say what you want, but to be at work and wait all day for break at 3 when tickets go on sale at 2 and to see no Mansfield tickets....after 15 years of loyal service to this fan club.....and making sure I value my membership more than anything on this planet just to be an hour after pre sale and be assed out is ridiculous.... what a joke.... well next year theres a real good fan club number thats gonna be re pooled.I know its gonna be a great show congrats to those who got in.Never ever would have expected this...

Feel Better?

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    The tickets were gone minutes later - if you want to go, try ticketmaster. They suck, but the tickets they sell will get you in, you know?
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224

you shpuld know better than to try an hour later. just saying. there is still ticketmaster.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Down. Cry me a river... dried up and dammed.
    The names can be changed... but the place is still the same.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517

Sorry to hear. I understand that you have a job and a life. It's tough man. I wish you luck.
  • Options

couldn't you have given your log in to a friend who could have gotten the tickets for you? (perhaps the person you plan to take?) I was at the Dr for hartford tickets and almost didn't make it back to work in time for mansfield, but I had someone else do it for me. Why would you assume that tickets would still be on sale an hour later? when does that EVER happen? Not to be harsh, but if you've been a fan for 15 years you should have realized this would be the case and made alternate arrangements.

and just to add, it's not like every other fan club member is unemployed, independently wealthy, or has absolutely nothing to do. Hell, I remember being stuck in high school and not being able to get tickets for the shows...but you make alternative arrangements, have someone else do it, buy from TM, buy an extra from someone, craiglist, whatever you have to do.
  • Options
    MrStyles420MrStyles420 Posts: 272
    can't really blame 10c for high demand, not to mention being a member for 15 years you'd think that its an obvious sellout
    '06- Irving Plaza (What a way to see my first PJ concert), Albany, Hartford, Camden I & II, East Rutherford I & II, Pittsburgh

'07- THE VIC!!!, Lollapalooza (Chicago)

'08- Virginia Beach, Camden I & II, Washington D.C., MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield I & II,
    EV NY I & II, Newark, DC I & II
  • Options
    Feel Better?
    What you gonna break my balls now? seriously? If you knew the frustration and my devotion and love for this band you wouldnt be saying this shit if you werent hiding miles away behind a key board, always some little squirrel gotta talk shit.
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652
    What you gonna break my balls now? seriously? If you knew the frustration and my devotion and love for this band you wouldnt be saying this shit if you werent hiding miles away behind a key board, always some little squirrel gotta talk shit.

No, I was hoping you rant made you feel better - because its one of a thousand this week. Also, would have no problem saying "Feel Better" in person after a lunatic rant.

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224

you are posting on a PJ message board, I would say everyone here is pretty much as devoted as you, maybe more because they were around for the presale. Try on ticketmaster, thier tickets get you into the same show as the 10c tix.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I'm stuck at work too. I planned ahead and had my wife get the tickets using my account. You could have done the same with someone you trust.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

You never would have expected that happening?
  • Options
    Really? Come on, you're a 15 year 10C veteran and you didn't expect Mansfield to sell out in an hour? I know you're pissed you can't go, but blaming 10C for the demand for a show is just plain dumb.

On top of that, if we made everyone on this board who said that they're giving up their 10C membership keep their word, there wouldn't be anyone left.

We feel your pain, but your post is the same old song and dance we get every time someone doesn't get their way.
  • Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951

What exactly do you want? Should no one else in Tenclub be allowed to buy tickets until you have had a crack at them because of your "15 years of loyal service" ( then again I don't even know what you mean about service,I have been a 10club member for 13 years and they have never asked me for any kind service, just a bit of cash every year). Lots of other people wanted them too. Should PJ keep adding more shows so that everyone can get tickets maybe they should tour 365 days a year only playing in gigantic football stadiums so that everyone can see them. Is that what you would prefer?

Of course it sucks, but that is the luck of the draw. It is not like 10club was out to make sure that you specifically didn't get tickets.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    we got tickets, but i know how disappointed i would've been if we missed out. all is not lost though, hopefully you will get yours through tickemaster. unfortunately there's just not enough 10c tickets to meet demand for everyone and this time we were one of the lucky ones. i do feel for you though and everyone else who missed out. good luck with ticketmaster.
  • Options
    I feel bad for you honestly, but you've posted here over 300 times. Surely you've seen what happens to 10c pre-sales?
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    You weren't there for the sale. Let it go. Your little rant probably sounded pretty "elitist" to us "undedicated" fans.

Shit happens.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    Waaaaahhhh

I didn't get what I want so I'm going to come on the message board and cry like a 2 year old.

Waaaahhhh

Gimme gimme gimme!

Waaaahhhhh

It's not fair!

Wahhhhh
    Noblesville 6/03
    Toledo 10/04
    Grand Rapids 10/04
    Grand Rapids 5/06
    Cleveland 5/06
    Cincinnati 6/06
    *hopefully sometime before I die* Noblesville

Songs I'm hoping to hear live: Nothingman, In My Tree, Indifference, and Animal
  • Options
    Waaaaahhhh

I didn't get what I want so I'm going to come on the message board and cry like a 2 year old.

Waaaahhhh

Gimme gimme gimme!

Waaaahhhhh

It's not fair!

Wahhhhh

bwwwwaahahahahahahahahaha

im sorry
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    wilfmisswilfmiss Posts: 196
    If your number is above 183,000, you should reconsider and try to get TM tickets and keep your membership.

If your number is below 183,000, /wave.
    3-29-94-FL/9-24-96-MD/9-18-98-MD/9-05-00-PA/4-26-03-PA/5-03-03-PA/7-12-03-PA/10-1-04-PA/9-19-05-ON/9-28-05-PA/5-09-06-ON/5-10-06-ON/6-23-06-PA/6-19-08-NJ/10-28-09-PA/5-20-10-NY/5-21-10-NY/9-11-11-ON/9-12-11-ON/9-2-12-PA/9-22-12-GA/10-11-13-PA/10-18-13-NY/10-19-13-NY/10-16-14-MI/9-26-15-NY/4-9-16-FL/4-11-16-FL/8-8-18-WA/8-10-18-WA
  • Options
    Well forget I said anything.... I should have known better to say anything... I actually had someone do it for me at 20 after and they said they werent on there...so that in itself was crazy.... Then to see it an hour later was just very disappointing....thats all God forbid I vent... just had high hopes and plans for it,took day off from work the whole nine and boom blows up in your face. Everyone chill with starting with me..I get your points they all make sense just had a moment of having my soul sucked out .close the thread everyone enjoy the shows
  • Options
    And what do you mean by "service"? Do you mean "serrrvice"?

*Innuendo Elbow!*

Cause if you have been "servicing" someone for 15 years, they might owe you tickets. Depending on how good the "service" was.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    Well forget I said anything.... I should have known better to say anything... I actually had someone do it for me at 20 after and they said they werent on there...so that in itself was crazy.... Then to see it an hour later was just very disappointing....thats all God forbid I vent... just had high hopes and plans for it,took day off from work the whole nine and boom blows up in your face. Everyone chill with starting with me..I get your points they all make sense just had a moment of having my soul sucked out .close the thread everyone enjoy the shows

Here's an idea:
    why don't you start another thread titled:

"VERY SAD 15YR MEMBER NEEDS TICKET FOR BOSTON. PLEASE HELP"

Just SEE where THAT gets ya.
    ;)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I made it clear at work, I was unavailable @ 12pm until whenever
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    I get your points they all make sense just had a moment of having my soul sucked out

c'mon, man. isn't that a tad melodramatic? there are still plenty of opportunities to get into this show. i understand you're upset about not having 10c tickets, but it's far from the end of the world.

• Options
    Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    And what do you mean by "service"? Do you mean "serrrvice"?

*Innuendo Elbow!*

Cause if you have been "servicing" someone for 15 years, they might owe you tickets. Depending on how good the "service" was.

That's what I was wondering, in all my years with 10club no one ask asked me for any kind of service.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,492
    The tickets were gone minutes later - if you want to go, try ticketmaster. They suck, but the tickets they sell will get you in, you know?

TM holds even more tickets for themselves this time around

A lot more PJ fans since the last record, but a lot fewer tic available.

Its really that simple.

Tm will have good seats, but you will need to be on top of your game. Ive been able to score row 3 and row 5 for great woods through TM, so there is a chance to get even better seats than the 10c

does eveyone now understand why they dont play the south more often?
  • Options
    c'mon, man. isn't that a tad melodramatic? there are still plenty of opportunities to get into this show. i understand you're upset about not having 10c tickets, but it's far from the end of the world.

Hey any chance we make a trade at the msg shows, maybee something for a dark lager?
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
    If you really want to get tickets for the show you will be there! If you are that dedicated you will find a way!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    Hey any chance we make a trade at the msg shows, maybee something for a dark lager?

HEY MAN!!!!!! solat13 told me you were asking about me. and no problem, i can definitely get us a little somethin somethin.