People leaving during Ledbetter

13»

Comments

• Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    PJammin' wrote:
    what?

Sarcasm.

People are allowed to do what they want...... The fans are paying PJ to be there not the otherway around, there are no fan obigations. If PJ paid me $50 to go to their concert and people left early, that would be disrespectful. It is a business.

This is an arena concert folks, we are not talking about a local coffee shop where merely sitting up and putting on your jacket can interfere with the performance.

People leave during movie credits, people leave after the 7th inning when the game is 15-0, leave when the football team is down 42-0 in the begining of 4th quarter, etc.

People are so uptight around here, go get laid there are more important things to get upset about, go write your senator about how much you disagree with what local or national politics this country is involved in....... Do something useful.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I don't care if people leave early; that's their business.
    I only care if they're very slowly walking in front of me and blocking my view as they leave. Um, some people are still watching the show, you know. If you're going to leave, please be respectful to the people who are staying.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    People are so uptight around here, go get laid there are more important things to get upset about, go write your senator about how much you disagree with what local or national politics this country is involved in....... Do something useful.

Excellent. Much bigger things in the world to be worrying our little heads with, folks! ;) Well, maybe not the getting laid part (for some of us, ha ha).

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    jchais01 wrote:
    I could not believe the amount of people leaving during Ledbetter at Camden I. Yes, we hear this song at every concert, but people, we pay good money for these tickets....WHY NOT ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS.

I treat every PJ show like it might be the Last time I'm seeing them, and I can't bring myself to leave during ANY song.

not everyone likes Pearl Jam as much as we do. You never left another band's concert early?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ToshalaToshala Posts: 200
    I should be working but I've been reading this like I HAD to!!! Mildly entertaining I must say.........and since I bothered to add my 2 cents, to each their own. I do agree however, if you DO leave early, shhhhhhhhhh.......there are some of us who wish to stay to the end.....we ALWAYS stay to the end...... courtesy people......

:)
  • Options
    KMK182KMK182 Posts: 16
    jchais01 wrote:
    I could not believe the amount of people leaving during Ledbetter at Camden I. Yes, we hear this song at every concert, but people, we pay good money for these tickets....WHY NOT ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS.

This always happens. This is when I sneak up close to see the end. Wachovia we got up to 2nd row. Camden 1, I was about 8 rows back. Camden 2, I was about 4th row. So thanks for those who leave!
    05.28.06: Camden
    05.27.06: Camden
    10.03.05: Philly
    10.01.04: Reading
    07.12.03: Hershey
    04.26.03: Pittsburgh
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,140
    If the band OPENED with Yellow Ledbetter, and people got up to leave....that's disrespectful.

If the band CLOSES with Yellow Ledbetter, and people leave....it's ok.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    its part of the show, im so spent & the whole emoition of days/weeks leading up to the show , Ledbetter is like the CLIMAX , i sit , sing & soak it all in w the house lights on, i love it - someone on these boards said it best once, ledbetter is like the ciggarette after a 3 hour fuckfest : )
    "no more crowbars to my head"
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,130
    I left my seat during ledbetter and stood in the concourse between the seats and the lawn. The only reason I did it was I was relying on the ferry that goes between camden and philladelphia and then was leaving for nyc through greyhound at 1:40 and since greyhound's scheduling is so incompetent, they dont guarantee seats on buses not starting in the city you're leaving from. I learned that the hard way coming back from Albany and I sure as hell wasn't going to let that happen again. At the Garden or any other venue where I know I'm getting a ride back from, I'd never leave early. But when you're reliant on other modes of transportation to get you home, sometimes you have to cut corners.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    Yeah the ferry makes people leave early there for sure, I found out what a nightmare it was first night so second night I didnt leave early, but made my way close to the exit. As soon as the show was over I was out of there, actually I almost got ran over by the PJ limo motorcade as they were leaving the arena, the security guy was screaming at me to stop but I was like fuck this Im not getting stuck at that ferry landing for hour and a half again. Ran for it rest of the way and made it on the first ferry out of Camden. BTW I love the way we banded together and prevented line cutting, especially the jerk in the Flyers hat and his g/f.

To the dude from NY taking Grayhound, I took the Greyhound too and that situation is fucked with their not guaranteed seating. I think another option, a worst case scenerio I guess, would be to just walk across the Franklin Bridge, it looked like at least a half hour walk from arena back to Philly, but better than getting stranded there...
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,130
    that got me in albany. me and my friend were the second and third person in line for the 330 AM bus but he gave up his seat so the austrailian brother and sister we were talking to could get back to NYC to make their flight. I was all set to go and then some women frantically yells how she's got to get to work at 7 AM, so I give up my seat and wait for the 6 AM. There's no way I'm doing that again even if it's on a day I don't have to be up early.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    einatshaul wrote:
    I think it's very disrespectful. Just yesterday I was listening to one old boot where Ed changed the words to: you pussies leaving early... need to be at work monday morning at their accounting job...

so the band notices you! keep it up and they really won't return to stage anymore... all you'll have left is Leash on replay at home to listen to...

LOL that's from Indianapolis 2003. i was there with my buddy, an accountant:) we didn't leave but that's a pretty funny show.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    spongersponger Posts: 3,159
    accountants get a bad rap for being pussies. I've been in my share of streetfights and took full-contact sparring lessons for 2 years. My co-worker, a fellow accountant, has a 3rd degree black belt in tae kwon do. But, I will say that tae kwon do is for pussies. ed should next time say, "all you pussy tae kwon do black belts need to learn a real martial arts style like judo or something."
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    einatshaul wrote:
    I think it's very disrespectful. Just yesterday I was listening to one old boot where Ed changed the words to: you pussies leaving early... need to be at work monday morning at their accounting job...

so the band notices you! keep it up and they really won't return to stage anymore... all you'll have left is Leash on replay at home to listen to...

this was in noblesville,indiana i was there, but the c rowd was really not itno it the whole show 1 of the quietest pj crowds ive heard, which is still pretty loud but you know what i mean it oculd of been alot louder, and show was on a sunday night so i guess some bitches did have to go to accounting office next day haha
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    LongRoad wrote:
    Me and my girl left The Night 1 Camden Show as soon as we heard RITFW start up.
    I'm not sitting in traffic for over an hour just to hear 2 songs I can listen to anytime on the Boot.
    I was in my car and on my way back to my Hotel before they were half way through Ledbetter.
    My Hotel was less than 10 minutes away. I was all relaxed enjoying a cold one while most people were sitting in traffic

I'll do the same thing again for the two Jersey Shows I'll be attending.

will you cause they are closing with dirty frank
  • Options
    They've been closing with that song for the last 8 years. It's become BORING! I don't leave though, I usually try to catch a drumstick or a guitar pick during this time... ;-)
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    will you cause they are closing with dirty frank

Yes, I will. Never really cared for Dirty Frank anyway.
  • Options
    jeddethjeddeth Posts: 93
    jchais01 wrote:

I treat every PJ show like it might be the Last time I'm seeing them, and I can't bring myself to leave during ANY song.

I always leave my seats during ledbetter. I go find my friends so we can enjoy the last song together! It's an intimate song and such a great opportunity to so share a moment with my buddies before we go absolutely nuts discussing everything we just witnessed. Sorry if it bothers you.
    Things change. They wont change unless you make them. The best way to change something you don't like, is to change yourself. So if you feel like you have a piece of duct tape on your mouth and you can't escape, take it off, speak up, speak your mind, shout it out, let 'em hear ya! -EV
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    we left about 2 minutes b4 it was over last night in dc. we had to catch the metro (and had a 30 minute ride back to my car)
    and then a 1 hour drive home. My husband had to get up at 5:30 a.m. today.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    If I were PJ, I'd play one more rare/cover tune after Leadbetter and dedicate it to all those "pussies" jumping in their cars... he'd only have to play something really suprising once to make everyone stay till the end next time lol.
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    jchais01 wrote:

because YL is annoying and the average fan is older and wants to get some sleep. :)
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    julienovajulienova Posts: 118
    All I can say is thanks to the two members of the audience who left during the second encore in DC. Your fifth row seats behind the stage just behind Mike were utterly amazing!