Options

People leaving during Ledbetter

Comments

• Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,742
    Milestone wrote:
    Maybe the band should take it as a hint to change up the closing song if people are bolting as soon as the opening riff starts.

Since when is it 'disrespectful' to stay for 27 songs, and leave during the 28th because you don't want to sit in traffic for 2 hours leaving the venue?

It's disrespectful to me because I'm trying to enjoy the last song of an incredible show and can't with people stepping on my toes to leave and it's disrespectful to the band who based on comments earlier in this thread actually do care when it happens.

In the end you're entitled to leave when you want and I'm entitled to not like it. End of story.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    DeLukin wrote:
    In the end you're entitled to leave when you want

Damn right I am
  • Options
    jchais01 wrote:
    I could not believe the amount of people leaving during Ledbetter at Camden I. Yes, we hear this song at every concert, but people, we pay good money for these tickets....WHY NOT ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS.

I treat every PJ show like it might be the Last time I'm seeing them, and I can't bring myself to leave during ANY song.

maybe that's JUST YOU

i left one show early, SPAC 2000, during YL,and for good reason...it's called a parking NIGHTMARE

the glass is 1/2 full, man...at least they stayed for almost the ENTIRE show.
  • Options
    jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    I must apologize for starting this post. I did not mean to create any animosity amongst fans. I guess I just want to ask the people that do choose to leave, to try and do so in a way that doesn't disturb your fellow fans.

Again, sorry for creating the bad feelings!
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    You are probably the same people who left at the titles of Shreck and missed the "now I'm a believer" final song, ha?..:)
  • Options
    Soon ForgetSoon Forget Posts: 59
    In a hurry to get there, hurry to leave....no matter what the cost. Disturbing others...'fuck you, I want to miss traffic', frustrating the band....'fuck you, I don't want to be inconvienenced'. 'What, it's not about ME, fuck you, your being judgemental'.

I understand there may be a rare occurence or need to depart early and we(collectively) can understand that. NOT when you have a 500+ selfish, self-righteous individuals that choose to be DISRESPECTFUL to everyone else concerned.

Just don't go. I can guarantee that there is someone who wants to see the whole show.
  • Options
    In a hurry to get there, hurry to leave....no matter what the cost. Disturbing others...'fuck you, I want to miss traffic', frustrating the band....'fuck you, I don't want to be inconvienenced'. 'What, it's not about ME, fuck you, your being judgemental'.

I understand there may be a rare occurence or need to depart early and we(collectively) can understand that. NOT when you have a 500+ selfish, self-righteous individuals that choose to be DISRESPECTFUL to everyone else concerned.

Just don't go. I can guarantee that there is someone who wants to see the whole show.

When I pay for my ticket I'll get to the Show when I want to and I'll leave the show when I want to.

If you or anyone else doesn't like that, too bad.
  • Options
    Soon ForgetSoon Forget Posts: 59
    LongRoad wrote:
    When I pay for my ticket I'll get to the Show when I want to and I'll leave the show when I want to.

If you or anyone else doesn't like that, too bad.

You illustrate my point eloquently.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,752
    Ed needs to PUNK the crowd. Pearl Jam should play Yellow Ledbetter, see that people are leaving the show, then they should play a handful of rare songs so they miss out on some of their favorite songs they ALWAYS wanted to hear. the next day they find out that they missed out because they left. :D
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    DocChicago wrote:
    Grow up, IBriskI. Anyone who shows up in this forum clearly appreciates the band and what they do for the fans. You're omitting the fact that most of these people leaving during the final song have enjoyed 25-30 songs BEFORE it. The fact is that you can't pretend to know anything about other people's lives and priorities. You're just judging people because you like thinking you're a better fan. Having a wristband like Ed Vedder doesn't make you a better fan. Showing some tolerance might help.

how do I think iam a better fan?????? I never said that or anything else.

I just dont know how you can walk away from a live pearl jam song!

i know they didn't leave at the start, but thats the ultimate thing pj live

it just annoys me a bit
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    Ed needs to PUNK the crowd. Pearl Jam should play Yellow Ledbetter, see that people are leaving the show, then they should play a handful of rare songs so they miss out on some of their favorite songs they ALWAYS wanted to hear.

Not likely. They barely look like they wanna be there now. Do you really think they're going to extend it?
    PJammin' wrote:
    the next day they find out that they missed out because they left. :D

there's always the Boot
  • Options
    I've never left a show early when I've had front row seats. Feel better now?
  • Options
    Everyone has their own reasons for leaving early and it's no ones business but their own. If, for instance, they miss the best second encore Pearl Jam ever played than that is their loss...why do you care? A little extra breathing room and one less car to deal with after the show. Some of these posts sound just like the opinionated, rightous, my-way-or-the-highway assholes that Pearl Jam despises.
  • Options
    Everyone has their own reasons for leaving early and it's no ones business but their own. If, for instance, they miss the best second encore Pearl Jam ever played than that is their loss...why do you care? A little extra breathing room and one less car to deal with after the show. Some of these posts sound just like the opinionated, rightous, my-way-or-the-highway assholes that Pearl Jam despises.
    Again...I'm sorry for starting this post. I did not mean to be judgmental on anyone else...it was just surprising for me to see people darting for the doors.

And not for nothing, but I guess I had a good parking spot, because it only took me 10 minutes to get out of the Parking Lot, and I stayed for the final bow, even though it was only good bye for now.
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    While I respect those who choose to leave early (I usually watch "Satisfacion from the doorway to the seats when at a stones show as I know it is the final song and I hit the door quickly after the bows), I don't leave early for any bands of which I am a big fan (Pearl Jam or the Stones).

I only left one show early (Jan 25 Chicago Rolling STones, 3rd row floor, left after the Stones got through about 1/2 of their set as my wife's water broke a month early and 2 hours and 14 minutes later, I was holding my youngest son in my arms!).
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    voodoopug wrote:

I only left one show early (Jan 25 Chicago Rolling STones, 3rd row floor, left after the Stones got through about 1/2 of their set as my wife's water broke a month early and 2 hours and 14 minutes later, I was holding my youngest son in my arms!).

Oh! that is so nice!! :) did you call him mick?
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    In Indy in 2003, he sang something like....

look at all those fucking pussies... leaving early.... to get to work the next day.
    tacos
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    I've only left early in Camden tis past weekend and only because I had to deal with that stupid ferry and didn't want to stand in line for an hour waiting for it and then drive and hour and a half home.

But thanks for your concern. :)
  • Options
    It's really disrespectful to the roadies if you leave before they're done cleaning up. I would find it disheartening if i were them and would get upset! Maybe next time they won't set the stage up as well if everyone leaves early!
  • Options
    Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Yes My wife and I left during Yellow Leadbetter, But I must say that my wife is very pregnant and she was very tired. We have been to over 25 shows together and have never left early, we would have loved to have stayed, that was the first time. Everyone has different circumstances so dont be so general.

Yeah my wife is a big PJ-fan...but she is 7 months prego..... We stayed for the whole show in Detroit but she had to sit alomost the entire time..Someome said to me, "Oh, Girlfriend just tagging along huh" Perhaps we should mind our own biz.....

Nah, screw it, people who leave early suck. Many In Detroit missed "Kick out the Jams"... It's The Mc5 Douche! Also as a side, no-one left Grand Rapids early. Great show, great crowd.
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    jchais01 wrote:
    it only took me 10 minutes to get out of the Parking Lot.

Holy shit. NOT typical. You lucked out.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    Not likely. They barely look like they wanna be there now. Do you really think they're going to extend it?

think, my friend. all they would need to do is cut the main set by one or two songs. do the same with the first encore...and U have 2 to 4 songs U could play after Ledbetter without the show being any longer. my post was just said in fun anyway. but i'm saying if they DID do it.

there's always the Boot

then why Go to any show then????? it's about being there when your songs are played(especially rare ones...ask the people in Boston when they dropped Leash after about 10 years...i'm sure they wouldn't want to Go home and hear just hear the boot...can U imagine if they left the show and later found out it was played? yeah, thought so.). it's about seeing the band and hearing the music. i'll take a live show over a boot anyday, and i'm sure most people would too. anyway, i politely wanted to answer your post. ;)
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    iwasthere wrote:
    In Indy in 2003, he sang something like....

look at all those fucking pussies... leaving early.... to get to work the next day.

HAHAHAHAHA...I LOVE YOU ED! YOU'RE THE BEST! damn, you're one of a kind.
  • Options
    PJammin' wrote:
    think, my friend. all they would need to do is cut the main set by one or two songs. do the same with the first encore...and U have 2 to 4 songs U could play after Ledbetter without the show being any longer. my post was just said in fun anyway. but i'm saying if they DID do it.

If they DID do it?

Oh well, I'm sure I'd get over it

PJammin' wrote:
    then why Go to any show then????? it's about being there when your songs are played(especially rare ones...ask the people in Boston when they dropped Leash after about 10 years...i'm sure they wouldn't want to Go home and hear just hear the boot...can U imagine if they left the show and later found out it was played? yeah, thought so.). it's about seeing the band and hearing the music. i'll take a live show over a boot anyday, and i'm sure most people would too. anyway, i politely wanted to answer your post. ;)

I've been to just about 20 shows. There's not much they can play that I haven't heard already.
    Besides, it's MY ticket that I paid for and if I want to leave after the opening song, I will.

BTW, I heard Leash at Camden II. Wasn't really a major event for me. If I'd have
    missed it, I would have gotten over it, probably in less than 30 seconds.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Milestone wrote:
    Not all of us can be rock stars. Some of us have families and work early in the morning. PJ is lucky we are there at all, at those weeknight shows.

I agree with your first two sentences, but not the third.

I will add, when they start mixing up the last songs, I will start staying until the very end.

Mostly its to get home and beat the traffic because I travel three+ hours to most shows, but its also because they play the same damn songs at the end of each show.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    einatshaul wrote:
    Oh! that is so nice!! :) did you call him mick?

I suggested Keith Richard, then the wife suggested divorce procedings, so we settled on Ryan Matthew!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    Besides, it's MY ticket that I paid for and if I want to leave after the opening song, I will.

You Are correct. i never disputed that. :)

i don't worry about the people that leave early. i just enjoy MYself. it's MY experience so i don't worry about if people leave. i'm there to support the band to the very end. i know if i was a performer i'd want people to stay so i do what i would want people to do to me. plus, i just think it's respectful to stay. that's how I feel.
  • Options
    moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    So do you ever leave a single crumb on your plate after a meal at a restaraunt?

That is extremely disrespectful those cooks and waiters waited on you for atleast a half hour to meet your needs and you left your damned spaghetti sauce on the plate what a freaking slap in the face.

Some people. They are so disrepectful of what others do for them after you just paid their salaries.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    So do you ever leave a single crumb on your plate after a meal at a restaraunt?

That is extremely disrespectful those cooks and waiters waited on you for atleast a half hour to meet your needs and you left your damned spaghetti sauce on the plate what a freaking slap in the face.

Some people. They are so disrepectful of what others do for them after you just paid their salaries.

what?
  • Options
    Some people are taking this thing way too far.
    "Delight in Our Youth"