Options

People leaving during Ledbetter

jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I could not believe the amount of people leaving during Ledbetter at Camden I. Yes, we hear this song at every concert, but people, we pay good money for these tickets....WHY NOT ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS.

I treat every PJ show like it might be the Last time I'm seeing them, and I can't bring myself to leave during ANY song.
"Delight in Our Youth"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i stayed in my seat for the entire show, but in their defence...

Ledbetter is an overrated song..i honestly think it sucks. But if it means not having to wait 2 hours to get out of the parking lot, i don't blame them for leaving a little early..
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    I think it's very disrespectful. Just yesterday I was listening to one old boot where Ed changed the words to: you pussies leaving early... need to be at work monday morning at their accounting job...

so the band notices you! keep it up and they really won't return to stage anymore... all you'll have left is Leash on replay at home to listen to...
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    i think it sucks

how could you leave??/

We wait years and shit for shows and you people just walk out, its so lame
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    einatshaul wrote:
    I think it's very disrespectful. Just yesterday I was listening to one old boot where Ed changed the words to: you pussies leaving early... need to be at work monday morning at their accounting job...

Not all of us can be rock stars. Some of us have families and work early in the morning. PJ is lucky we are there at all, at those weeknight shows.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I've done it. I'm glad I've done it. All of you who read the threads about how horrible it was to try and get out of Hartford, with the broken fences and the bottle throwing and the drunk idiocy - I escaped ALL of it. And I've hard the song a million times. I have no regrets. This whole thread is rather judgmental.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    well o.k. I guess... you'll do your math and I'll do mine, I'll be glad to be left alone with Eddie and the guys playing ledbetter all just for me! :)
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Me and my girl left The Night 1 Camden Show as soon as we heard RITFW start up.
    I'm not sitting in traffic for over an hour just to hear 2 songs I can listen to anytime on the Boot.
    I was in my car and on my way back to my Hotel before they were half way through Ledbetter.
    My Hotel was less than 10 minutes away. I was all relaxed enjoying a cold one while most people were sitting in traffic

I'll do the same thing again for the two Jersey Shows I'll be attending.
  • Options
    I've left several Pearl Jam shows early. I wasn't feeling so hot at Camden 2 so I actually left midway through Baba O'Riley. I've skipped out in the middle of Yellow Ledbetter a few times as well. It's my prerogative. Maybe you fanboys ought to be worrying more about yourselves and stop whining about everyone else's concert-going habits and idiosyncrasies. It doesn't affect you.

And maybe once in a while those of us who choose to leave early miss out on something special (i.e. the Gorge show where they played Baba AFTER YL or any of the several shows where Mike weaves something unique into his YL solo). That's a risk some of us are willing to take. Big fucking deal.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    I left partway thru also @ Camden 1 .
    2 1/2 hour drive home, and , I've also heard it countless times.

Maybe, they should start rearranging setlists , and chage up the few 3 or 4 closers so that we'd all stick around , if they are noticing us so much , or if it even bothers them so much .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Easy there triggers!.....

I was at both Camden shows.....stayed until the end of Camden 1 and was stuck in traffic trying to head back to my hotel....no complaints whatsoever...I was blasting PJ out of my car while waiting...turned into a nice little party...everyone beside us was singing along...GREAT!!

If you go to shows...you should expect traffic, however...I am one of those who left early during Camden II (middle of the song) because I had to drive back to Toronto...yes Canada! 7 1/2 hours!! in order to be @ work for 9am (since Memorial Day isn't a holiday for us!). On top of that...it was my 5th show this tour and every single one, Yellow Ledbetter was the finale. (The best was Toronto 2 - Beast of Burden Tag as the end)

So before you start calling out every one who leaves early, there are some fans who drive more time than they spend at the actual shows, simply to see the band!

2 Great Shows.....very happy I drove down!
    Barrie '98
    Toronto '03
    Ottawa '05
    Toronto '05
    Toronto I '06
    Toronto II '06
    Camden I '06
    Camden II '06
    Pittsburgh '06
    Hartford '08
    Mansfield II '08
    Toronto I - EV '08
    Toronto II - EV '08 (this one takes the cake!!)
  • Options
    Soon ForgetSoon Forget Posts: 59
    Milestone wrote:
    Not all of us can be rock stars. Some of us have families and work early in the morning. PJ is lucky we are there at all, at those weeknight shows.

Jezus! Listen to your pious indignation! You make me sick. Spare yourself the 'horrible' time and stay home for another re-run episode of Murder She Wrote, Grandma! That way you can be in bed by 10pm so you can get up for work the next day, and the next day, and the next day....In fact just pack it in now and take your own life.

Hey, is the music a bit too loud also?!
  • Options
    And maybe once in a while those of us who choose to leave early miss out on something special (i.e. the Gorge show where they played Baba AFTER YL or any of the several shows where Mike weaves something unique into his YL solo). That's a risk some of us are willing to take. Big fucking deal.

Plus anything you might miss can be listened to on the Boot.
  • Options
    even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    jchais01 wrote:
    I could not believe the amount of people leaving during Ledbetter at Camden I. Yes, we hear this song at every concert, but people, we pay good money for these tickets....WHY NOT ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS.

I treat every PJ show like it might be the Last time I'm seeing them, and I can't bring myself to leave during ANY song.

You're not one of the people who take a potty break during the show are you?
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    Me and my girl left The Night 1 Camden Show as soon as we heard RITFW start up.
    I'm not sitting in traffic for over an hour just to hear 2 songs I can listen to anytime on the Boot.
    I was in my car and on my way back to my Hotel before they were half way through Ledbetter.
    My Hotel was less than 10 minutes away. I was all relaxed enjoying a cold one while most people were sitting in traffic

I'll do the same thing again for the two Jersey Shows I'll be attending.

wow your a real fan
  • Options
    even flow? wrote:
    You're not one of the people who take a potty break during the show are you?

He's probably one of those who was pissing in the sinks and on the floor in the washroom. F-en digusting, I couldn't believe how many degenerates were at those shows.

Have some class people. (you know who you are)
    Barrie '98
    Toronto '03
    Ottawa '05
    Toronto '05
    Toronto I '06
    Toronto II '06
    Camden I '06
    Camden II '06
    Pittsburgh '06
    Hartford '08
    Mansfield II '08
    Toronto I - EV '08
    Toronto II - EV '08 (this one takes the cake!!)
  • Options
    meljoycemeljoyce Posts: 2
    No way i was leaving during the encores. We usually hang in the parking lot a little while after the show anyway.
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,742
    I look at YL as a last chance to say Thank You to the band for pouring everything they have into the show for me. I'm not being judgemental but I do think it's a little disrespectful when people bolt out of there as soon as the opening riff starts. It took me 2 hours to get the hell out of Camden Saturday night but it was worth it to sign along to the Star Spangled Banner tag.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    you know if you want to leave during songs and fucking traffic and getting home sooner is more important to you than pearl jam, then you shouldn't be at that show and pj should play some uk dates insted!
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:
    wow your a real fan

Because you don't want to sit in traffic for over an hour just to hear 2 over played songs that
    I can listen to on just about any Boot makes you NOT a fan?
    When you pay for my tickets then, maybe, you can tell me when I can and can't leave.
    Although even if you did pay for them I'd tell you to go Fuck Yourself if you told me I had to stay.
  • Options
    rnyc214rnyc214 Posts: 39
    Its a tricky situation because it is the last song and while its nice to be there for the whole song, but getting out a bit early and being able to beat the traffic is a big plus. When I've seen the band at MSG, I stay for the whole show but this week at the Meadowlands, I'll be heading out when they start the song because getting out the arena is a nightmare.
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I BrisK I wrote:
    you know if you want to leave during songs and fucking traffic and getting home sooner is more important to you than pearl jam, then you shouldn't be at that show and pj should play some uk dates insted!

Grow up, IBriskI. Anyone who shows up in this forum clearly appreciates the band and what they do for the fans. You're omitting the fact that most of these people leaving during the final song have enjoyed 25-30 songs BEFORE it. The fact is that you can't pretend to know anything about other people's lives and priorities. You're just judging people because you like thinking you're a better fan. Having a wristband like Ed Vedder doesn't make you a better fan. Showing some tolerance might help.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    rnyc214 wrote:
    ....this week at the Meadowlands, I'll be heading out when they start the song because getting out the arena is a nightmare.

I'll be right behind ya buddy.
  • Options
    I've left several Pearl Jam shows early. I wasn't feeling so hot at Camden 2 so I actually left midway through Baba O'Riley. I've skipped out in the middle of Yellow Ledbetter a few times as well. It's my prerogative. Maybe you fanboys ought to be worrying more about yourselves and stop whining about everyone else's concert-going habits and idiosyncrasies. It doesn't affect you.

It does affect me, when people are pushing me out of the way so they can run for the door. Hopefully you're one of the more courteous ones who at least say "excuse me" as you're ruining my experience.
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    jchais01 wrote:
    It does affect me, when people are pushing me out of the way so they can run for the door. Hopefully you're one of the more courteous ones who at least say "excuse me" as you're ruining my experience.

Ya just gotta love the drama in this place.
  • Options
    ex-cowboyex-cowboy Posts: 4
    I think we have every right to leave during YL if we want, christ I've been to 4 shows this tour so far, and 23 over all, and I'm sick of hearing that song, and I was very dissapointed they played it both nights in camden rather than indifference or smile, not to mention 25,000 people there traffic would have been really bad, I love the band and respect them but do they really need to close with that song every night?
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    Ya just gotta love the drama in this place.
    Hahahah....Truth is I don't even give a shit....I stay, and couldn't care less what anyone else does. I just posted this to see what controversy I could cause! :-P
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Options
    eloesch1eloesch1 Posts: 42
    einatshaul wrote:

so the band notices you! keep it up and they really won't return to stage anymore... all you'll have left is Leash on replay at home to listen to...

just wondering what boot that is on??
  • Options
    Yes My wife and I left during Yellow Leadbetter, But I must say that my wife is very pregnant and she was very tired. We have been to over 25 shows together and have never left early, we would have loved to have stayed, that was the first time. Everyone has different circumstances so dont be so general.
  • Options
    eloesch1 wrote:
    just wondering what boot that is on??

Noblesville 2003
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    DeLukin wrote:
    I'm not being judgemental but I do think it's a little disrespectful when people bolt out of there as soon as the opening riff starts.

Maybe the band should take it as a hint to change up the closing song if people are bolting as soon as the opening riff starts.

Since when is it 'disrespectful' to stay for 27 songs, and leave during the 28th because you don't want to sit in traffic for 2 hours leaving the venue?
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.