Options

The Holy Grail Of Pearl Jam Contests - Tour Of PJHQ

Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
edited August 2013 in The Porch
Universal Music UK has just sent out a pre-order email for Lightning Bolt and customers who purchase it (CD or Vinyl) will be entered into a contest to be flown out to Seattle for the December 6th show and a tour of Pearl Jam Headquarters. :shock:

It is my understanding that this is separate from the 10c pre-orders and members who have already pre-ordered from the goods section are not included in this contest.

http://www.umusicemails.com/1676/8180_2 ... Sp8.reddit
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    So I'd have to buy it twice? Blast! Not that I'd win anyway but still!
    The holy grail indeed!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Sweet mother of GOD!!!!!!! :shock:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    1. The Competition will be hosted on the Universal Music Pearl Jam Official store.

2. Closing date for entries is Sunday 13th October

3. The competition is open to all citizens except employees of Universal Music Operations Limited and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with this Competition.

4. Entrants must be aged 18 or over

5. Entry limited to one per person.

6. No purchase necessary. To enter email your full name, age and address to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@mercuryrecords.co.uk">tickets@mercuryrecords.co.uk</a><!-- e -->

7. Entries may be rejected in the sole discretion of Universal Music.

8. Universal Music will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. Universal Music takes no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. Further, Universal Music will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant's ability to participate in the Competition.

9. Universal Music reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these General Rules and the Terms and Conditions and Terms of Use. Universal Music reserves the right to amend these General Rules. Any amendments will be published on the Website.

10. There is 1 prize available for 1 winner plus 1 guest. The winner will be picked at random. The prize consists of a pair of VIP tickets to see Pearl Jam perform in Seattle (USA) on 6th December 2013, plus a guided tour of the Pearl Jam HQ. Travel to Seattle, including flights and transfers where applicable, plus 2 nights shared accommodation in a 3* Hotel will be provided.

11. Winners will be notified within 7 days of the competition closing that they have won. There is no cash or other alternative to the prizes stated and the prizes are not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.

12. Uses of personal data received by Universal Music Operations Limited in the course of the competition are subject to the privacy policy found on the Website.

13. By entering the competition all entrants are deemed to have accepted and be bound by these General Rules.

14. Universal Music reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.

15. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit Universal Music’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their employees or agents’ negligence or for fraud.

16. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.

17. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.

18. The promoter of this competition is Universal Music Operations Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with number 0950138 whose registered office is at 364-366 Kensington High Street, London W14 8NS.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I havent pre-ordered mine thru 10c yet....is there any difference in buying this one compared to the 10c version?

and is this USA or UK only?
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    PJ should insist that pre-orders through their site also count in the drawing.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    DevonPearlDevonPearl Posts: 284
    Where did you found this?
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:
    No purchase necessary

the problem is ,all citizens must mean..UK citizens.. :(
    a few sent email,no answer yet
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    BinFrog wrote:

i agree, but i went ahead with the "no purchase necessary, enter by email.." thingy.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    "2 nights shared accommodation in a 3* Hotel will be provided."

ONLY a three star hotel?!! Fuck it, I'm not entering then.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

haha..if someone paid my flight to seattle,and got Tour Of PJHQ...i would be ok if they give me a bench at a parking lot to sleep!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Holy shit!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    This has my name all over it :D
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    I preordered mine on 10C, so I'm ineligible? That's it. I'm leaving the 10C. JUST ANOTHER LOTTERY I WON'T WIN.

Totally being sarcastic. That'd be a cool prize, though. Hope someone who doesn't suck wins it.

Tim
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    This has my name all over it :D
    forget the wife!!im your +1!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    http://store.universal-music.co.uk/euro/albums/pearl-jam-lightning-bolt-cd-album/invt/0602537493678

Exclusive Pearl Jam Competition!

Pre-order Pearl Jam’s brand new album Lightning Bolt on CD or LP on the Artist Store, and you’ll be entered into a prize draw to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip to see the band perform live in their hometown of Seattle, USA on Dec 6th2013! Plus you’ll get a guided tour of Pearl Jam headquarters.

Flights, transfers and 2 nights in 3* Hotel accommodation is included for the lucky winner plus 1 guest.

Over 18’s only. No purchase necessary.

Terms & Conditions: http://store.universal-music.co.uk/rest ... amcompetit

Tracklistings TBC

I've already preordered this, both on vinyl and CD, do I have to buy it again? or just send the email as stated in section 6 of the terms and conditions?

By the way:

Section 3 states that contest is open to all citizens, so I'm afraid is only for UK residents.

Section 7 states that entries may be rejected in the sole discretion of Universal Music.

Section 8 states that Universal Music will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries.

Section 9 states that Universal Music reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these General Rules and the Terms and Conditions and Terms of Use. Universal Music reserves the right to amend these General Rules. Any amendments will be published on the Website.
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,048
    whoever wins, please please find your way to the "Vault", lock yourself in it and make copies of everything! I'm kidding I'm kidding....kind of...
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Charlie-And-The-Chocolate-Factory-Freddie-Highmore.jpg

chocolateroom.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    I've already preordered this, both on vinyl and CD, do I have to buy it again? or just send the email as stated in section 6 of the terms and conditions?

Yes, it's a competition/pre-order separate from 10c. Universal are PJ's record label in the UK and they are running this, not 10c.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    That would be awesome!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    So UK residents only?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited August 2013

haha..if someone paid my flight to seattle,and got Tour Of PJHQ...i would be ok if they give me a bench at a parking lot to sleep!!

come on for Mike's sake... you'll be flown to seattle, and get to watch PJ live, for free, if it was me, I wouldn't sleep for three days...

all in all, if you pay attention to sections 3, 6, 7, 8 and 9, your chances of winning are zero, more over, section three restricts the entrance to the contest to certain people, but section 7, 8 and 9 give those people a chance to win even without entering the contest... so fishy...
    Post edited by javis el errante on
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    So UK residents only?

Yep!

So we got a 10club USA Exclusive PJ contest.
    A Pearl Jam UK Exclusive 10club Warehouse contest.

Now awaiting what Pearl Jam's Canadian Exclusive Contest will be ...
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    So UK residents only?

Yep!

Let's hope so man!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    demetrios wrote:
    So UK residents only?

Yep!

Free
    poutine-quebec_38038_600x450.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    What the heck are those Adam? :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    i dont know..but i dont touch that thing.. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

mmm poutine... :D and a chance to snag a benny from the shelf....

Lets get this Canada contest going im hungry. :lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    i dont know..but i dont touch that thing.. :lol::lol::lol:

Fuckin' Medusa Chili Cheese Fries?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Pay attention to Rule # 3
    http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/customer-services/exclusive-pearl-jam-competition/page/exclusivepearljamcompetit

This is UK...

3. The competition is open to all citizens except employees of Universal Music Operations Limited and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their families, agents, or anyone connected with this Competition.
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1