Options

Donate to the troops - Free 2011 SG Munk One Poster

rstein27rstein27 Racine, WI Posts: 220
edited August 2013 in Lost Dogs
Like many I received the 2011 Toronto Soundgarden poster from Munk One with my Wrigley poster. It's a cool print but I really have no use (or wall space) for it, so i'm hoping to use it for some good.

What i'm proposing is a donation for Operation Yellow Ribbon of South Jersey of $50. I will ship the poster to you as a thank you for the donation, and I will personally match the $50 and send $100 to ElwayVedder for the charity.

You get a poster and with our donation we can make troops stationed overseas have some comforts of home. If anyone is interested, PM me.

Rick
Pearl Jam: East Troy 1998, Chicago 1&2 2009, Philly 4 2009, PJ20 1&2 2011, Wrigley Field 2013, Brooklyn 1&2 2013, Moline 2014, Milwaukee 2014, Wrigley Field 1&2 2016, London 1 2018, Wrigley 1, 2018

EV Solo: Milwaukee 2008, Chicago 1 2009, Seattle 2 2009. Ft Lauderdale 2 2012
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,050
    wow, I am completely floored at the continuous and amazing generosity and support given here. YOU ARE just wonderfully such gifts and I thank you so much
    -EV
  • Options
    Great gesture Rock, well done. :D
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as Josh Homme"
  • Options
    Great gesture Rock, well done. :D

Amazing gesture
  • Options
    ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    This Veteran wants to help you, too.... Let me know where to send $50!!!!

(OH, and anyone in Las Vegas..if you EVER want to come with me and my service dog to visit VA Clinics...it's the most amazing thing in the world seeing what four legs can do for people who may not have one anymore... I'd be humbled to take you on a "Vet visit" with me and Monty-dog.)

ANYTHING to support Veterans... not only as a woman who served, but as a woman who is disabled from serving--- I KNOW what it is like to be in situations where you think the world forgets you're human, lonely, and really not happy about being "reag-unned or bushwacked" like I was. There are STILL Vietnam vets who could use hugs.. I mean just a hug.. not a hard gesture..and always appreciated.... really... if you see ANY vet wearing a hat.. just saying "Thanks for your service"... i know it puts me in tear anytime I hear it and saying it again, is very humbling knowing just how fucked up wars are.. from the inside.

thanks for setting this up... amazing idea, and I'm in -in-in.

Cathe, (USN honorable discharged for medical... and not pregnancy related like the sexist twats would try to tell us women we'd be there for.)
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Wow.

top man
  • Options
    rstein27rstein27 Racine, WI Posts: 220
    ratmando wrote:
    This Veteran wants to help you, too.... Let me know where to send $50!!!!

(OH, and anyone in Las Vegas..if you EVER want to come with me and my service dog to visit VA Clinics...it's the most amazing thing in the world seeing what four legs can do for people who may not have one anymore... I'd be humbled to take you on a "Vet visit" with me and Monty-dog.)

ANYTHING to support Veterans... not only as a woman who served, but as a woman who is disabled from serving--- I KNOW what it is like to be in situations where you think the world forgets you're human, lonely, and really not happy about being "reag-unned or bushwacked" like I was. There are STILL Vietnam vets who could use hugs.. I mean just a hug.. not a hard gesture..and always appreciated.... really... if you see ANY vet wearing a hat.. just saying "Thanks for your service"... i know it puts me in tear anytime I hear it and saying it again, is very humbling knowing just how fucked up wars are.. from the inside.

thanks for setting this up... amazing idea, and I'm in -in-in.

Cathe, (USN honorable discharged for medical... and not pregnancy related like the sexist twats would try to tell us women we'd be there for.)

Thanks to Cathe (Ratmando), $100 is on it's way to Elwayvedder for Operation Yellow Ribbon!
    Pearl Jam: East Troy 1998, Chicago 1&2 2009, Philly 4 2009, PJ20 1&2 2011, Wrigley Field 2013, Brooklyn 1&2 2013, Moline 2014, Milwaukee 2014, Wrigley Field 1&2 2016, London 1 2018, Wrigley 1, 2018

EV Solo: Milwaukee 2008, Chicago 1 2009, Seattle 2 2009. Ft Lauderdale 2 2012
  • Options
    amazing you both are
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    it's you babe, it's you.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    I've seen the poster personally and it's Beautiful!! Awesome Vibrant colors!
    It's literally a Sound Garden! Very cool all the way around!
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!