edited August 2013 in Lost Dogs
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PM sent
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,064
    sorry to hear you have to give her up. $800 for a sealed benny would be very fair to members here in my opinion.

to try to upload pics, go to http://www.tinypic.com and upload them. you will have to select the right option type (forums/message boards I think) and then it will give you something to copy and paste into here. You can then try it by previewing your post before submitting it and see if the pics are small enough or if you have to shrink them

best of luck
    -EV
  • Options
    sorry to hear you have to give her up. $800 for a sealed benny would be very fair to members here in my opinion.

to try to upload pics, go to http://www.tinypic.com and upload them. you will have to select the right option type (forums/message boards I think) and then it will give you something to copy and paste into here. You can then try it by previewing your post before submitting it and see if the pics are small enough or if you have to shrink them

best of luck
    -EV
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    Greatplainsman...Greatplainsman... Posts: 839
    edited August 2013
    No Auctions Brother...
    Post edited by Greatplainsman... on
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    JM123602 wrote:
    Been a Pearl Jam fan for years and tough times have gotten tougher and so unfortunately, I'm looking to part with my unopened Benaroyal Hall Vinyl.
    # 1770 of 2000.

What would be a fair price to start the bidding at?I've been seeing pricing around $800 for an opened Benaroyal.

As I mentioned before, I'm a fan as well, I'm not looking to rip any one off, but also looking to sell fair to help pay my bills.

I have pictures too.

New to the message board/ forum.
    How do I post pictures?

Thank You
    Joe

uh oh
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    $1000 - $1200 for a mint sealed Benny all day long.....
    But yes, name your price - no auctions or "feelers" here.
    Best of luck!
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    JM123602JM123602 Posts: 10
    edited August 2013
    Post edited by JM123602 on
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    :lol::lol::lol:

I love seeing these, "been a PJ fan for years" posts! :lol::lol:

Good luck dude!
  • Options
    JM123602 wrote:
    Been a Pearl Jam fan for years and tough times have gotten tougher and so unfortunately, I'm looking to part with my unopened Benaroyal Hall Vinyl.
    # 1770 of 2000.

What would be a fair price to start the bidding at?
    I've been seeing pricing around $800 for an opened Benaroyal.

As I mentioned before, I'm a fan as well, I'm not looking to rip any one off, but also looking to sell fair to help pay my bills.

I have pictures too.

New to the message board/ forum.
    How do I post pictures?

Thank You
    Joe
    to be fair, it was a first time post for a long time member... maybe he hasn't taken the time to read the rules thoroughly enough? i'm not bidding, just saying. let's all play nice ;)
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Options
    You could appreciate a band for years and never join a fan club or post on a message board... just saying :D
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Hey, we joined on the same day (1/24/03).

I think that means you have to give the album to me. For free. (I'll cover the shipping.)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,613
    Good luck.

I suggest updating your original post with your updated price and picture links.

The guy who posted the PM should also delete or edit that post now that the rules have been made clear.

I remember years ago I has hard times. I sold my Benny and as I was prepping it to ship, my girlfriend knocked it off my desk and damaged the box a little bit (like a 2-inch wrinkle in the side binding of the box).
    So after sending the guy like 30 pictures of it, he decided that he would prefer to look elsewhere. Im very thankful that happened though. Since then, it has been listened to.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    :corn:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    :corn:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    $1k and over...if you want to let it go for less hit me up and I'll figure out a way to get you the money :D
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    This deal was done. I had sent Joe the money as requested by him. I thought the transaction was over. An hour later I get a refund and here was my explanation:

I had an offer to buy the Benaroyal Vinyl for $1,000 from a very reliable Pearl Jam Fan Buyer/Seller/Trader and I couldn't turn it down. The offer actual came in via PM before you sent me your payment via Paypal. You will be receiving a refund via Paypal.
    Sorry about the back and forth.
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    I don't think Joe or the guy whom offered $200 more than the listed price via pm are very fair players.
    Been burned! And with both feet on the ground!
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    bummer dude, that's not cool at all. I guess it goes to show that at the end of the day everything is an auction. it's true what they say....never trust a man with 2 letters and a bunch of numbers in his name. hehehe

I don't think Joe or the guy whom offered $200 more than the listed price via pm are very fair players.
    Been burned! And with both feet on the ground!
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    That stinks Greatplainsman. I had that happen to me on eBay. I could have declined a refund and given the dude hell, but I just didn't want to deal with the drama plus the vinyl would be tainted in my eyes at that point. Not interested in tainted vinyl.

In any case, you don't want a Benaroyal Hall vinyl anyway :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I agree that the Benny #1770 comes with just that! Tainted Karma.
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    wow. what a schmuck. shoulda just taken it to ebay. even after the op apologized for not knowing the rules about no auctions, he still ran it like an auction anyway. real scummy. he should have his membership revoked...

this ld forum really should be shut down.
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 503
    I don't agree this forum should be shut down. But I do feel people like this should be banned for life. As soon as they go to register under a new user ID but same address, they should not be allowed. This forum provides good people with access to items they want and as long as the honor system is in place and you don't try to take advantage of people, it works. It's only individuals like this that mess things up for everyone else.
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    Auction style or accepting multiple offers on Lost Dogs is an absolute no go, but there are 2 sides to every coin.

While there are sellers doing the wrong thing (intentionally or not) by attempting auction style sales, there are also buyers who will try to convey a lower actual value to a seller that may not necessarily be accurate, in order to get a great deal - very shady too IMHO.

If a seller posts a FS without a price, perhaps the thread should be locked.....
    If the seller posts a price, then it is their prerogative to accept any offer that might be tendered to him or her after the fact.

The clear mistake the seller made here was accepting an offer and then reneging after a higher offer was received.

First offense should be a warning - everyone deserves a second chance.
    Second offense warrants a ban.

JMHO

Cheers!
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
This discussion has been closed.