Options

what was your first concert?

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    kingmattkingmatt Posts: 121
    I don't know if this is embarrassing or cathartic... but it was Whitney Houston in the early 80s. RIP yo.
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    edited November 2013
    AC/DC w/ The Poor "Ballbreaker Tour", Sydney 1995.

The Cranberries w/ Pollyanna, Newcastle, Australia, 1996 followed closely by Soundgarden (w/ You Am I, The Fauves), The Presidents of the USA (w/ Custard), Bush (w/Superjesus) and Live (w/ Horsehead) in 1997.

First PJ gig was Sydney 1998 w/ Shudder To Think opening.
    Post edited by Ty on
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    3/9/79 KISS Dynasty Tour new haven veterans memorial (RIP)

"I was made for lovin you baby" :lol:

edit

Opening act...

JUDAS PRIEST :clap:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    kingmatt wrote:
    I don't know if this is embarrassing or cathartic... but it was Whitney Houston in the early 80s. RIP yo.
    Saw her in Harfford. Kenny G Opened. That was my first. :fp:
  • Options
    Sendai Japan 2003!!!!!Brilliant!!!!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Have SO enjoyed reading the responses to this!

My first show ever ever was some great jazz show that my mom took me to as a toddler, but who knows which one (she loved jazz and had excellent taste IMHO).

First show I vaguely remember and that I was taken to because it appealed to kids was the Jackson 5 in Canada (when Michael was still, well, Michael). But I was so young and short, I distinctly remember being excited beforehand and then only seeing the backs of people's knees the whole time.

First show I actually SAW was Rufus feat. Chaka Khan, in New Jersey at summer camp. Pretty sure that one was for the counselors, although it was a fantastic show! I just don't think the campers were that into it.

First show I was allowed to go to just with friends/without any adults: The Knack on the "Get the Knack" tour (the My Sharona tour!). I have seen some of the best live bands ever to play live (and no, the Knack wasn't one of them), but I don't know if I have ever been as excited to see a show as I was for this. My Sharona was literally everywhere, all the time, and we had our tickets more than a month before the show. And we were soooooo young! I'm pretty sure our parents didn't realize most of The Knack's songs were about wanting to have sex with little girls at the time... we certainly didn't know!

First PJ gig was Santa Cruz '93 at the Catalyst. Ed jumped off the balcony during Porch (I think it was Porch) and the best kind of chaos ensued....

And even though it wasn't a first show, because others have mentioned them and Mike's been doing "Eruption", this is the best place to say that I saw Van Halen on the Diver Down tour, front row at MSG, and Eddie Van Halen did Eruption and then handed me his guitar pick right after! I still have that VH guitar pick somewhere...

TO whoever said that the first show line up they saw was "like losing your virginity to the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders", that was the best.quote.ever!!! :lol:
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    edited November 2013
    My first concert was in 98 i think. Stabbing Westward touring to support Darkest Days (this album is amazing)

First PJ concert was 9/11/98 in MSG AKA the Breath show... i was going through some old notebooks and came across my Breath sign yesterday! I really thought I had lost it.. got pretty excited remembering everything. Had awesome Tenclub tickets in the 8th row!

Took a pic;)

http://imgur.com/Fr2muPy
    Post edited by lephty on
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    KISS
    Chicago Stadium
    Opening Act: Uriah Heep

Pretty fucking awesome!
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    Incubus at The Spectrum in '02. I was in 8th grade and Hoobastank opened :lol::lol:

It was during their Morning View tour. One of my favorite albums of the last 20 years.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Acesn8sAcesn8s Posts: 186
    My dad said he took me to see Three Dog Night when I was a kid, but I don't remember that. So I don't really count that one. Therefore, my first concert was Pearl Jam in Indio 1993. (And yes, I left with my shoes ON).
    Indio, CA 11-05-93
    Universal City, CA 09-30-09
    Los Angeles, CA 11-23-13
    Los Angeles, CA 11-24-13
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    RATT...buy me dinner and drinks and I'll tell you where, when and how..muh
    and i'm not even kidding..
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    The Guess Who and Dr. Hook & The Medicine Show
    May 15th, 1973
    Providence Civic Center, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
    What a Long Strange Trip It's Been!
  • Options
    PkePke Ayrshire ,Scotland Posts: 846
    Iron Maiden
    Monstors of Rock Donnington 1988

support

Helloween
    Guns n Roses
    Megadeth
    David Lee Roth
    Kiss

crowd 110000

still one of the best after all these years
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Blind Melon & Meat Puppets
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    RUSH - Roll the Bones tour -
    Jones Beach, last day of school 92.....

Friends promised to have 4 tickets at will call from his "Uncle" - yeah right~!

Spent 3 hours walking around parking lot, having no idea how to, even begin to scalp tickets for show. Meanwhile 2 cases of beer were in garbage bags in my trunk, Mazda 626 hatchback, all the ice melted all over the trunk, we didn't drink 1!

As show was starting, they opened up standing room only, on a floating dock all the way to the right of the stage. Could barely see Neil Peart's drum kit.....But we were just so psyched to be in there that we didn't even care.

Still sounded great - and have a great first concert story to go with!
    "See the path Cut by the Moon, for you to Walk On"
  • Options
    Smoky Robinson at McNichols Arena in Denver sometime in the mid 80's. He was doing some gig for my mom's work. It was pretty boring from what I remember.

My next show was Lollapalooza 1992 in Denver. FIrst time I saw PJ. The next time I see PJ will be tomorrow in OKC. Can't wait!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    CCR - not the original band of course - mid 90s - somewhere Detroit area.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.