Options

***The unofficial HaPPY thread**

Comments

• Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Thanks, jlaustin :wave: They will stay for ten days, and at our apartment (I didn't want to put them in a hotel). We will be showing them the attractions of the D and then go up north next weekend. it's gonna be a fun week.

I posted my little longer review in the qotsa thread, but here is it :D
    The show was just awesome! My neck and legs are a bit wobbly today, but the ears finally got better :lol: Yes, the new album sounds fantastic live, and I thought the visuals on the stage were quite cool too. I was especially blown away by them playing Misfit Love (a fave of mine, especially live - drool) and a, to me at least, almost transcendental Better Living With Chemistry (I dunno what happened to me there, but it felt great :shifty:). Yep, I danced my ass off!
    Also, it felt REALLY good to dance to a live-played Make It Wit Chu with my lover 8-)

On a little sidenote - Cav got a kick out of having his pic taken outside with Andy Dirks :D I was so happy when I saw that it was a cool poster too (yeah I know that is silly, but I'm always a little disappointed if my show has a shitty poster :P ) Must be my first Jermaine Rogers, and I love it! Snagged up one of those blue shirts and a badge pack too... I'm gonna make my own qotsa hoodie.

And we met BigDaddywil from the boards, awesome guy :thumbup:

It was a fantabulous night out!

Sounds awesome! What does the poster look like? Just saw a cool QOTSA one with two skeletons kissing, but it was like $500 on the bay....

Love Cav's brush with greatness - everytime Dirks comes up to bat, Jack says "It was the Dirks" (kind of a take off on a Trading Places line. Anyway...)

So 10 days with your parents, then less than 3 weeks until Pittsburgh/Buffalo!

Woo Hoo!
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    There ya go :D

f8794249-2754-46d7-aed9-1b5b509aaca6_zps8ef771a4.jpg

And yeah, tour is getting closer and closer by the minute! That makes me happy too :mrgreen:
  • Options

And yeah, tour is getting closer and closer by the minute! That makes me happy too :mrgreen:

Jesus! :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654

WOW! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I love it :D "Tonite you belong to us" hehehe ... Well, and how often do you get a rock show poster with pink, a rabbit and a racoon wearing a sadomaso uniform in it? :lol: It will get proper display in my office!
  • Options
    I love it :D "Tonite you belong to us" hehehe ... Well, and how often do you get a rock show poster with pink, a rabbit and a racoon wearing a sadomaso uniform in it? :lol: It will get proper display in my office!

I wouldn't feel comfortable hanging that in my apartment :lol:
  • Options

:lol:
    I think it's really cool. I'd definitely like to own it. I can't believe they only made 150 of them though. That's pretty dumb.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Well well ... You don't have to, good for you ;) It perfectly matches my pink Alpine rubber boot with the bunny autograph by Jermaine Rogers and reminds me of an awesome night out, nothing wrong there for me :D It's signed and numbered too (12/150), that made me happy as well.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I can post in here today!!! I've been having the most wonderful day I've had in FOREVER!

It's neat that it also doesn't have to do with music, this time. Like, I LOVE how damn happy music makes me...in fact, nothing/nobody makes me happier than my favorite bands. And I'd NEVER EVER want that to go away! In the past couple years or so, when I've been happiest, it's pretty much been because of a concert or a song or CD. Today, it's just pure happy stemming from people I love and some awesome opportunities. Does that make sense? It's just cool that it's different, for a change!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    I can post in here today!!! I've been having the most wonderful day I've had in FOREVER!

It's neat that it also doesn't have to do with music, this time. Like, I LOVE how damn happy music makes me...in fact, nothing/nobody makes me happier than my favorite bands. And I'd NEVER EVER want that to go away! In the past couple years or so, when I've been happiest, it's pretty much been because of a concert or a song or CD. Today, it's just pure happy stemming from people I love and some awesome opportunities. Does that make sense? It's just cool that it's different, for a change!

That does make sense :mrgreen: It's wonderful to hear that you are so happy today :wave:
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    samjam wrote:

That does make sense :mrgreen: It's wonderful to hear that you are so happy today :wave:
    :wave: And I am glad you had such a great time at QOTSA!! I gotta catch them live sometime!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355

Oooooh, I like very much! Keeping up with the thread - it makes me happy! :D
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    i'm pretty happy for all of the happy people in this thread.

and that's about all i got. :/
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I'm HaPPY that I have a 4-day work week..Yay!
    I'm HaPPY that Sirens is being released on Thursday! Yay!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    I happy!!

I am officially a home owner. yea!! :D:D
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Kw asked me to marry him last night...so I'm incredibly HaPPY right now! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    Kw asked me to marry him last night...so I'm incredibly HaPPY right now! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    You 2 kids are so damned cute together...

Congratulations!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    in 21 days my GF and I shall be in Buffalo getting wet on the Maid of the Mist then prepping to see Pearl Jam!!!!

She better give me a little a. hahaha
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    in 21 days my GF and I shall be in Buffalo getting wet on the Maid of the Mist then prepping to see Pearl Jam!!!!

She better give me a little a. hahaha
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    Glad for the BOTH of YOU :mrgreen: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    I have been happier now too :mrgreen: .

No longer overwhelmed, but it wasn't simple :think: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    Oh YAY!! Congratulations you two!!!! :D Way to go Kyle. ;) I am officially happy for both of you. :)
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    You 2 kids are so damned cute together...

Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you Speedy!! See you in Brooklyn!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    Glad for the BOTH of YOU :mrgreen: .
    Thank you!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Oh YAY!! Congratulations you two!!!! :D Way to go Kyle. ;) I am officially happy for both of you. :)
    Thank you!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I have been happier now too :mrgreen: .

No longer overwhelmed, but it wasn't simple :think: .
    Glad to hear this!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    I'm happy for the to-be-married's in here :wave: Congrats to all of you!!!

We had a busy week, but my parents will be leaving tomorrow night and normalcy will be restored :lol: We've had a lot of fun so far, but I am really looking forward to sleeping in our normal bed again ...
  • Options

We had a busy week, but my parents will be leaving tomorrow night and normalcy will be restored :lol: We've had a lot of fun so far, but I am really looking forward to sleeping in our normal bed again ...

Thanks!! Can't wait to see you guys in Seattle! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

Thanks!! Can't wait to see you guys in Seattle! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Fuck YEAH! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Happy to be visiting the board tonight!

It has been a while

HI EVERYBODY!! :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13