Options

The "I appreciate Shorty" Thread...Thank you Martin

elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
edited July 2013 in Lost Dogs
I'm having a pissy morning (well life is good so I shouldn't complain) but I'm a grump today, sat in front of the computer all morning, annoyed with Comcast Tix, low blood sugar making me hungry/grumpy...On top of a frustrating morning, I ran out real quick just now to pick something up and left my sun glasses there LOL...anyway, I get home and see a poster tube sticking out of my mailbox. My mood just changed...

It's from forum member "Shorty". This friend has been nothing but a breathe of fresh air since seeing him start to post on the forums consistently. Now he goes above and beyond thinking of me during his Canada show last week or whenever. A zillion things he probably was experiencing at his show and he thinks of me. A simple sticker purchase would have been truly enough for me and an honor. Not only did he get me a sticker to the show but a freakin poster too!! Even better - as if he's in my head- he writes "you can keep or raffle the poster for fundraising etc...feelings will not be hurt". When I saw the poster on here last week, I said OMG how ugly...but you know what...this one in person isn't bad. The colors really stand out....and even more impressive, it's from MY FRIEND; Shorty.
So Martin, now it's back on me to figure out how to make you feel this way. I don't know, I don't know when, but I will.
And yes, the poster will be sold off here to raise more funds for Operation Yellow Ribbon as you don't have enough room for me in your home if I tried asking my wife to frame and hang this DFACE poster LOL. I'm going to enjoy it for a bit first and cherish the memory you created as I opened my mail. With that said, your hand written letter to me is going in a frame and being hung with all my other important PJ stuff...
Thank you Martin...
:clap::clap::clap::clap:
-EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    Very nice Shorty!
    Way to represent Northern Ontario! Hopefully I'm rockin out with you in Buffalo this October.
    Watch your mail.
    Cheers!
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    Yeah, that Shorty guy is ok..... :D
    Nice one Martin!
    Well deserved Dave!!! Someone will snap that up in a heartbeat ;)
    Happy Saturday Boys and girls!!!
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    This guy is indeed cool

Nicely done Martin - bravo
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    ShortyShorty Ontario Posts: 1,160
    I couldn't be happier that it found you at a time needed. Cheers buddy.

But I don't think anyone here would ever assume it came from out of nowhere at all. Dave has been a gracious friend and one of the best initial members one could meet on here. A silly poster is only partial "payment" - Dave has not only offered advice when asked - but also helped me find a few items I really wanted. I don't even have to mention all the work he does for others. Do with the poster as you choose. Get tickets and meet up with Kyle, Chad and I. Yes Chad - I've decided - you're going. Paul - are you making it over? And to which shows?

It really is the band that inspires me - honestly - as cliche as that sounds. After always loving PJ - I finally joined 10c after the 9/11/11 show - motivated. After the build up to the London show and hooking up with Chad - more motivation. I just get it moreso now. So looking forward to Buffalo.
    Your Disciples Are Riddled With Metaphors.

08/21/2009: Toronto, ON
    09/11/2011: Toronto, ON
    07/16/2013: London, ON
    10/12/2013: Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014: Detroit, MI
    05/08/2016: Ottawa, ON
    05/10/2016: Toronto, ON
    05/12/2016: Toronto, ON
    08/20/2016: Chicago, IL
    08/22/2016: Chicago, IL