Anyone Want to do "Fantasy League" For the Tour?

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,745
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Cameron Conference is moving along pretty well. already into the 3rd round. I'm pretty satisfied with my choices so far. Well maybe should have gone a different route with my first pick but oh well.
    Feeling good so far too - it's going to get harder for me pretty quick I think! ... Dave, I am actually rooting for your first pick! ;)

That they play it or they don't play it? :lol: I forgot you were in my conference :) Good luck.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,881
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Cameron Conference is moving along pretty well. already into the 3rd round. I'm pretty satisfied with my choices so far. Well maybe should have gone a different route with my first pick but oh well.
    Feeling good so far too - it's going to get harder for me pretty quick I think! ... Dave, I am actually rooting for your first pick! ;)

That they play it or they don't play it? :lol: I forgot you were in my conference :) Good luck.
    That they play it at least once. I am pro-Fatal, even if you are the competition. :) ... Of course, if they play it 25 times and you end up getting zero, even better. :lol:;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I've been listening all all the songs we are picking in the mighty Cameron Conf.If nothing else I'm getting to revisit some great songs.I really want to hear Inside Job and Ghost on the Baltimore stop.What great songs.
  • rr165892 wrote:
    I've been listening all all the songs we are picking in the mighty Cameron Conf.If nothing else I'm getting to revisit some great songs.I really want to hear Inside Job and Ghost on the Baltimore stop.What great songs.

Inside Job was my second pick!! Heres to them playing it in Pitt, Buffalo, or Brooklyn 1!

It has become one of my new favs. :D:D
    rr165892 wrote:

Inside Job was my second pick!! Heres to them playing it in Pitt, Buffalo, or Brooklyn 1!

It has become one of my new favs. :D:D
    I might have to start taking fantasy smack,like in my fantasy football league....Inside Job was going to be my next pick but you had to go there didn't ya! damnit. it's gunna be a real sleeper pick,lol
    Where is evilclosemonkey? We were moving so well.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

That they play it at least once. I am pro-Fatal, even if you are the competition. :) ... Of course, if they play it 25 times and you end up getting zero, even better. :lol:;)[/quote]

hopefully they at least play it once (maybe twice).

yeah not sure what happened to him. At first i just said reply to sender instead of reply to all so wasn't sure if everyone got it. Next pick will be tough. I'll see what's left that I want. I got a ways to go now.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mjservs806mjservs806 Posts: 160
    Coming along quick already in round 5... Sweeeet
  • photogirllizphotogirlliz Posts: 2,491
    Ament conference is about to move to round 5! :D
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."

Cameron Conference moving along nicely as well, already into round 5 (few picks in).
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • This is exciting! It's already getting tougher to select songs! (Ament Conference)
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • This is exciting! It's already getting tougher to select songs! (Ament Conference)
    All of your picks are so good :/ BUHU
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    First 5 Rounds in the McCready Conference:
    Bob Mayo on the Keyboards Bob Mayo - Of The Girl - Sometimes - Interstellar Overdrive - Deep - Parachutes
    JB23237 - Immortality - Footsteps - In Hiding - Habit - Light Years
    JLWhite1076 - God's Dice - Who You Are - Johnny Guitar - All night - Last Kiss
    Jeff2040 - I Got ID - Long Road - Save You - Down - Garden
    Mayday10 - Sleight of Hand - Army Reserve - Wash - 1/2 Full - Sad
    SissonP33 - Present Tense - In My Tree - Inside Job - Faithful - Baba O'Riley
    FrankieG - Oceans - Breath - Smile - Glorified G - Off He Goes
    EdVed007 - I Am Mine - Leash - Breakerfall - Rats - Blood
    On2Legs - Fuckin' Up - Release - Nothing As It Seems - Brain of J - Hail Hail
    Skipwilsonjack - Mankind - Tremor Christ - Last Exit - Red Mosquito - Nothingman
    Sparky_Fry - Grievance - Dissident - Crown of thorns - Alone - MFC
    JimmyV - Indifference - Hard to Imagine - Love Boat Captain - Man of the Hour - Big Wave
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    We are up to 9 in the "reserves".

Gossard Conference has 1 pick left in Round 7
    Ament Conference is closing up Round 5
    McCready Conference is closing up Round 6
    it sounds like the Cameron Conference is in Round 5.

So for tracking, I can try to wire together a google doc to track it live. So you have a link in your favorites, and you can check the "scores" at any time. I will even update live when I am not at the shows. Does that sound like the best option?
    I would include the Cameron on the doc as well (and the other conference if/when it starts).

Cameron Conference moving along nicely as well, already into round 5 (few picks in).
    We should be able to complete rd 5 today and finish 6 if everyone just checks in once an hour or so in The Mighty Cameron conf
    Championship idea.

Top 2 from each conf + next 2 top point getters from any conf as wild cards.(assume 5conf)
    12 teams ,head to head elimination .
    Top 2 get first round by
    Playoffs take place for Australia/NZ tour

Thoughts???
  • BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    rr165892 wrote:
    Championship idea.

Top 2 from each conf + next 2 top point getters from any conf as wild cards.(assume 5conf)
    12 teams ,head to head elimination .
    Top 2 get first round by
    Playoffs take place for Australia/NZ tour

Thoughts???

This is close. But, there a number of challenges to be figured out.

First, i like the 12 teams and how to qualify. I'm sold on that.

But, the Aus/NZ tour has only 7 dates, so if scoring were to start over, we'd only have 7 shows to work with, not 25. The points may need to work differently. Also, with head to head matchups, would it be a one-off show score only? Or would the score carry over?

I'm thinking we have two playoff pools. The conference winners get a bye in the first pool, which leaves 7 teams in the "play-in pool". The play-in pool lasts the first 3 shows and songs get awarded points 3,2,1,0 based on the same logic as the 2013 tour, just with 3 shows instead of 25. The top 2 in the "play-in" pool qualify for the second pool, the championship pool. Same tiebreakers.

Scoring in the championship pool includes all 7 shows, so all playoff teams are scoring during the 1st three shows, but only the top two play-in teams get considered for the championship. Scoring would be 7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0 format for each song. The bottom five "play-in" teams after three shows are eliminated.

Same songs as initially drafted. No new draft or song changes...
    How does that sound? I know we can figure this thing out!
    So your saying 5 division winners auto bid championship pool with remaining 7 playing in. I like that too. Whoever is keeping score updated will of course have the most say.

Only bug aboo I see is I thought the simplicity and excitement of a single elimination per show would add a special twist to the playoffs maybe just in the championship bracket?

And of course the prize for winning the first annual PJ fantasy league is the band lets you hang out with them VIP style at the show of your choice with on stage/side stage all access tix and you get to compose the set list for that evening and receive an autographed event poster.RiGHT ????
  • Let's just keep it simple, like Mayday originally had. To many people wanting to many changes, add tours, blah, blah, blah. Maybe just do a league for each tour. It is all about fun.
    rr165892 wrote:
    So your saying 5 division winners auto bid championship pool with remaining 7 playing in. I like that too. Whoever is keeping score updated will of course have the most say.

Only bug aboo I see is I thought the simplicity and excitement of a single elimination per show would add a special twist to the playoffs maybe just in the championship bracket?

And of course the prize for winning the first annual PJ fantasy league is the band lets you hang out with them VIP style at the show of your choice with on stage/side stage all access tix and you get to compose the set list for that evening and receive an autographed event poster.RiGHT ????

Yes, I like the single show excitement, too. Just not sure it fits with the way we're playing through the US tour. It will turn into who has the most songs that get played at all. If so, then I want Even Flow and Daughter, etc... and that's not the way anyone is drafting

And yes, we should work on ironing out our championship prize package with the band. I'm sure it will be something like that. I'll get right on it... :lol:
    Let's just keep it simple, like Mayday originally had. To many people wanting to many changes, add tours, blah, blah, blah. Maybe just do a league for each tour. It is all about fun.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm having tons of fun already!
    Let's just keep it simple, like Mayday originally had. To many people wanting to many changes, add tours, blah, blah, blah. Maybe just do a league for each tour. It is all about fun.
    I agree. I think what we've got right now is great. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Just to be clear - no one has suggested changing anything. Just adding a playoff system because we have five different groups of people playing -

The way we are playing this tour wouldn't really work for only a 7 show schedule, which is all we have right now for next year. So, what better way to make use of the January Aus/NZ shows?
    First conference to finish their draft, each person in that conference gets 10 points :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    BN8419 wrote:
    Just to be clear - no one has suggested changing anything. Just adding a playoff system because we have five different groups of people playing -

The way we are playing this tour wouldn't really work for only a 7 show schedule, which is all we have right now for next year. So, what better way to make use of the January Aus/NZ shows?
    Yeah, I know nothing about what we're already doing would change... but adding playoffs is confusing to me. :lol: But that's just my own opinion. Obviously, I would go with the flow of whatever happens. :)
  • jethrojam420jethrojam420 Posts: 1,075
    MayDay10 wrote:

So for tracking, I can try to wire together a google doc to track it live. So you have a link in your favorites, and you can check the "scores" at any time. I will even update live when I am not at the shows. Does that sound like the best option?
    I would include the Cameron on the doc as well (and the other conference if/when it starts).

I think that sounds good. BTW, our official setlist is that which SEA posts the next day right?
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
    MayDay10 wrote:

First conference to finish their draft, each person in that conference gets 10 points :lol:

on second thought :think:

actually we just started the 6th round in the Cameron conference.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    MayDay10 wrote:

on second thought :think:

actually we just started the 6th round in the Cameron conference.
    Pretty speedy, considering that we started it so late! :)
    BN8419 wrote:
    rr165892 wrote:

Yes, I like the single show excitement, too. Just not sure it fits with the way we're playing through the US tour. It will turn into who has the most songs that get played at all. If so, then I want Even Flow and Daughter, etc... and that's not the way anyone is drafting

And yes, we should work on ironing out our championship prize package with the band. I'm sure it will be something like that. I'll get right on it... :lol:
    Good points on all.
    Cameron into the 7th.We should hit 8 and do some damage by days end.