Options

Did you get your merchandise?

124»

Comments

• Options
    toro1998toro1998 Posts: 91
    Went right to Wrigley Thursday afternoon from O'Hare. Picked up tickets but refused to stand in what I was told was a 2 hour line. I came back around 9:30 Friday morning after hearing that 1 stand would open at 10 and the others by noon, if not earlier. The 10 am line was wayyyyyyy too long, so I got in line for a noon stand. Finally got to the merch at 2:30 to find they were out of all posters and any shirts that weren't size small. I got a hoodie and some cards, but not a shirt or poster. Even waited during the weather delay at a stand on the concourse to see the last large shirt sold 2 people in front of me.

I'm hoping at least some of the show specific shirts show up here so I can get one...we'll see
    07-08-1998 Phoenix
    10-21-2000 Phoenix
    09-04-2011 East Troy 2
    11-04-2012 Phoenix (EV)
    07-19-2013 Wrigley Field
    11-19-2013 Phoenix
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I got extremely lucky. I stayed at the W and the woman must have made a mistake because she gave me the "pearl jam" rate of $150 a night in the same type of room as the lotto winners. Then when I showed up I received complimentary drink tickets and lanyards to purchase merch at the hotel. So yes, I got all the merch I wanted; shirt, poster, sweatband, stickers, cards and all that shit. I got very lucky.
  • Options
    AP30511AP30511 Lincoln, NE Posts: 111
    All I wanted was a shirt and a poster. Walked right up to the booth after the show and bought the setlist shirt and bought a poster on eBay for $70. Spent zero time waiting in line. I think I would have rather spent the extra $40 on the poster than waiting in line for 5+ hours.
    1998: Rapid City - 2000: Bonner Springs - 2003: Denver, Council Bluffs - 2004: St. Louis - 2005: Calgary, Edmonton - 2006: St. Paul I & II - 2009: Chicago I & II - 2010: Kansas City - 2011: St. Louis (EV) - 2012: Missoula - 2013: Chicago, Oklahoma City - 2014: Lincoln, Denver - 2016: New Orleans - 2018: Seattle I & II - 2022: Chicago II (EV), Denver - 2023: Austin I & II
  • Options
    JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    I passed the first merch booth and went to the second. Was hoping to score the four posters as I frame them. I'm not much of a shirt guy. The pennant would have been cool but I didn't even see one. They had Emeks and Monks. Was going to buy two each and trade for the Shuss and Ames. Was at the counter when the lady started to help me. I pointed to the women next to me and said she was here first. She then proceeded to buy the last Monk.

I went on a beer run before the show and noticed the field merch tent was selling Ames. One lady was serving five at the rail, while the guys on the end were serving people that were just cutting around. I thought all was cool because I was again at the rail. They then sold out the Ames.

All in all it was cool. Spent less than 1 hr in line and I got one poster when many got zero. I felt I had some good karma for letting the other woman go first. The show was starting so I wasn't in it to win it for the Ames. In the end I ended up giving my extra Emek copy to a friend at the show who arrived in town late and couldn't wait in line for anything to spread the wealth. Had a good time.

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

• Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    my2hands wrote:
    Wtf is that guy smoking? :fp:

I 100% agree with him. Of all the obscure songs, Bugs is the worst. I really don't even consider it a song, more like a ramble aimed at alienated fans in the 90's. I've said it in multiple threads, All the Way was the absolute worst song that could have been played after the delay. Of the 7 shows I've been to, this was by far the worst. Seriously, 3 new songs, 2 debuts? There was already enough life sucked out of the crowd due to the delay and the band should have adjusted for it.......
    Just curious, what are the first six shows you went to? I'd like to get the boots. I seriously hope at least one of them was in the 90's. And a dream like this must ...
    Things were different then
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    jwhjr17 wrote:
    Didn't bother standing in line at the hotel shop or outside the stadium. I wanted the posters and a shirt, but not worth 5+ hours of our time. We went into the Captain Morgan Club about 5 min before they opened the doors not realizing that we would be able to enter the stadium from there. Once we got inside the stadium, there was a small room nearby that was a Cubs gear shop that they had merch in and there was no line. Walked in, got 1 each of the 3 posters they had and a shirt, and walked out in under 5 minutes time. Line was crazy there too by the time I got out though, because the word got out.

I found a similar, if not the same room, it was on the outside wall of the lower concourse behind the infield...... I saw the PJ flag hanging inside, and the line was about 5 people deep; more than anything else they were selling there, I wanted the skull/baseball shirt, with the flag as a close second. I was fortunate to snag both. (Got the last flag in there, pretty psyched I got there in time) I also grabbed the blue Wrigley shirt with the guitar image and a Munk One.

It was WAY more than I have ever spent at a show on merchandise. Normally a shirt and poster at the most is my
    limit (if I like them, I won't buy them for the sake of buying something), but I was convinced this would be a show I would want to remember.

No buyers regret here.
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,077
    Waited on the "McDonalds" line (the larger trailer) Thursday for about 2.5 hours... maybe 2:30 to 5:00? I thought it was going to take 30-45 minutes, tops. Haha. Scored a few t-shirts (but not the one I wanted in my size) and wristbands. No posters and no jackets. Walked past the "Captain Morgan" stand (the smaller one) on the way to the CTA and saw plenty of posters and jackets. I waited in the wrong freakin' line. Harumph.

A friend of mine was able to exchange my wrong sized t on Friday for the right size, and he also scored a set of stickers, baseball cards, and he scored a jacket for me too. No posters.

I like the jacket, it looks cool. but I got the say, the quality is crap. It probably cost a buck fifty to make. It's my 65 bucks and I'll happily wear it to any cold weather shows I go to, but I was expecting it to be another quality Dickie's jacket.

After all that, I had no desire to even try to get on line inside the venue. I wanted to enjoy the place, and not spend the whole weekend on hot sweaty lines just to have another poster.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    Yes and no...

I was a part of the W 10C package. I waited in line for 2hrs, not bad considering the horror stories of others.

We were 40th or so in line. Met some really great 10C on line! Oh and non 10C package members too.

Was excited to get all 4 posters. Plenty of posters for 10C.

Could not get the box of cards (I love BB cards), two packs only. Still cool.

The girls "Bears" shirt was gone. My girl actually tried it on for someone else, who bought it, last one. Not cool.

In the end I was happy with what I got but the woman's section should have been stocked more. The whole merch setup should have been stocked more, I know people were shut out of shirts towards the end of the line.

That was one of the great draws of the W package, merch. No one went crazy with loading up though. Everyone was respectable. No squabbles in line. No pushing or shoving.

Great concept that can be tweaked just a little.

I am happy.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,243
    Evel K wrote:
    my2hands wrote:
    Wtf is that guy smoking? :fp:

I 100% agree with him. Of all the obscure songs, Bugs is the worst. I really don't even consider it a song, more like a ramble aimed at alienated fans in the 90's. I've said it in multiple threads, All the Way was the absolute worst song that could have been played after the delay. Of the 7 shows I've been to, this was by far the worst. Seriously, 3 new songs, 2 debuts? There was already enough life sucked out of the crowd due to the delay and the band should have adjusted for it.......
    Just curious, what are the first six shows you went to? I'd like to get the boots. I seriously hope at least one of them was in the 90's. And a dream like this must ...
    Soldier field, st. louis 98, alpine 00, wembley 07, lolla 07 and Chicago 09...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    ^ Wrong thread.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,589
    I got the Amek poster thanks to DougFloyd and his awesome wife, who tried for merch twice in the blistering heat before scoring and they were still kind enough to carry that back to the hotel for me - I appreciated that so much you guys!! :wave: Hope to see you again somewhere!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    inmyohiotreeinmyohiotree Posts: 329
    edited July 2013
    Waited in crazy lines and was shut out. I just wanted a poster. Don't know if i can pay double or triple on EBay. Kinda sucks I think they messed up selling the stuff outside. They should make it if you win TC tickets you should have a chance to preorder poster.
    Post edited by inmyohiotree on
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Options
    got the shirts i wanted, the posters i wanted and other little items i wanted. the wait was worth it. i got a bad sunburn though lmao.
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    yes.
    I don't do posters, I have neither the space nor the appreciation of art for that. Though I don't knock anyone who does do posters, personally I just don't.

I went in wanting the bicycle tank. Didn't want to wait in a crazy line tho. Waited for about a half hour on one line to no avail, then about another half hour inside on a different (and more dangerous) line inside. Got the tank and as a bonus a gray shirt that said Wrigley which I did not know about before arriving at the line. Never purchased that much merch at a show before. Don't plan on buying any more shirts this tour (unless there is a really cool NYC themed shirt at the Brooklyn show)

Happy Happy Happy 8-)
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435