Options

Did you get your merchandise?

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
edited July 2013 in The Porch
I showed up at Wrigley, Friday morning, around 10:30am. I just wanted to walk around for an hour and take it "all in", before I picked up my tickets. I could NOT BELIEVE how insane those merchandise lines were. How long did some of you wait to get your merchandise?

Myself? I waited until about 7:20pm, left my seat and walked downstairs. My wife and I waited 15 minutes and we were able to buy a couple of shirts. It was no big deal.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    With all the insanity of Thursday, ( we were in a minor car wreck Thursday morning, and we spent allof Thursday at the ER, trying to get my sister's back issues under control again. We had to spen Friday morning transferring busses, to get her scripts filled, so she could make the show. So by the time we got there, we were screwed on merchant, and I was sad.... But then I got the text from shetellsherself, and she offered to cover me until we could get down there!! I ended up getting the Cracker Jack poster and a tank top! I was so ecstatic!! What an awesome lady!!
    Thanks again Jen you are so awesome to have done that for me!!
  • Options
    With all the insanity of Thursday, ( we were in a minor car wreck Thursday morning, and we spent allof Thursday at the ER, trying to get my sister's back issues under control again. We had to spen Friday morning transferring busses, to get her scripts filled, so she could make the show. So by the time we got there, we were screwed on merchant, and I was sad.... But then I got the text from shetellsherself, and she offered to cover me until we could get down there!! I ended up getting the Cracker Jack poster and a tank top! I was so ecstatic!! What an awesome lady!!
    I couldn't believe some of the horror stories.
    5 hours? People waited over 5 hours for a freaking poster?
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Never tried.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    I didn't bother. I'll grab it on here if/when it comes available.

I liked the Cracker Jack poster and wouldn't mind a couple of the Wrigley shirts but I'm not going to fret about it

I refused to waste any of my vacation time waiting on "stuff". I've heard that people waited for hours on thursday and didn't get what they wanted and then did it again on Friday and still didn't get what they wanted.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Yeah shetellsherself and her brother were in their line at least five hours she said!! That was just nuts!!
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    Me and my bud waited for over 5 hours on Friday (got there right at 10am), kinda stupid in hindsight, but we met a lot of really cool people, and a few jerks as well, trying to push their way to the front or pay people off for posters etc.

By the time we got there, I was only able to get 2 posters and 2 shirts. As I was walking away I realized the merch guy put the wrong T shirt in my bag :roll: A little bummed I didn't get the other 2 posters but by then I was so psyched for the show, it lasted only about a minute! Then it was off to O'Malley's to rehydrate before the show.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639
    I got to my hotel at around 11:30 Friday morning. Had I gotten some time off from work I would have come a day earlier and tried when they were selling on Thursday. Anyways, I waited about 2 hours. But I really wanted a few packs of those awesome trading cards! I got some! :D
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    We literally saw a guy buy 5 of everything. Exactly how he asked for the stuff. We told him good luck with his eBay sales.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    We literally saw a guy buy 5 of everything. Exactly how he asked for the stuff. We told him good luck with his eBay sales.
    He doesn't need any luck.
    :lol::lol:

The shit will sell!
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    I got in line on Thursday at 1:58p. We got to the counter at 7:08p. I got shut out on posters. But I did get a t-shirt.

The line was moving just fast enough at the start to get us about an hour in, and then we had enought time invested to just stick it out. It was frustrating, the line would move and then we would stand in the same spot for 20 min at a time.

When I got to the front I saw part of the reason. There were two ladies standing at the counter who made the employee show them 6 t-shirts and then put them back. I timed their transaction at 8 minutes.

I did meet some pretty cool people in line, though.

Another bonus was that standing in line for 5 hours helped me not get shwasted all day and I didn't have a hangover for the show. :D
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884

The shit will sell!

That was crazy, :lol: So were the guys hanging out by the people right before they got to the booth offering them money to buy them anything they weren't already getting. Never seen anything like it. Like crack dealers.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    edited July 2013
    I didn't wait on any of those lines :ugeek: .
    Way, way too damn loooooooooong :nono: .
    I'd rather hang with friends 8-) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    too much of a clusterfuck to deal with.

Once the rain kicked in and the delay, I was so happy not to have put any more $$$ into the weekend or the band at that point. Was all pre-show hype that drew the interest & demand, in the end it was just a vanilla show with a weather delay.
  • Options

The shit will sell!

That was crazy, :lol: So were the guys hanging out by the people right before they got to the booth offering them money to buy them anything they weren't already getting. Never seen anything like it. Like crack dealers.
    People were allowed to buy 2 of each poster? So if you were able to get there early, you could walk away with 8 posters? That are now selling for $700 for a set, on ebay? Talk about a Flippity-do-dah!!!!
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Remember the hoodie that Erin had her eye on when we ran into you Friday morning? She got it. We stopped at the tent on the field after the show and she bought it there. Waited maybe 2 minutes.

I got a setlist t-shirt and some stickers at the trailer that was parked along Clark Street after we walked outside -- another 2-minute wait.
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

Exactly.

With age comes wisdom, right?

;)

Well, then I should be a genius!

:P
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    WhyGo91WhyGo91 Posts: 639

dude I saw that same guy!!! Was he wearing a light blue dress shirt and brown pants??? I was right behind him and was getting so pissed!!! I'm like, well it's obvious you're not going to the show, and you can't be buy 5 of the same thing for just yourself soooo...I.HATE.YOU.
    446927_artist.jpg?0119
  • Options
    too much of a clusterfuck to deal with.

Once the rain kicked in and the delay, I was so happy not to have put any more $$$ into the weekend or the band at that point. Was all pre-show hype that drew the interest & demand, in the end it was just a vanilla show with a weather delay.
    No!! Maybe for you that's what it turned out to be... For the Faithful, it turned out to be an Epically historic show worth all the shit!! I walked away amazed, elated and honored to have gotten to be there!
  • Options
    rstein27rstein27 Racine, WI Posts: 220
    Wife and I were coming from WI and planned to leave early Friday, after reading the Thursday horror stories, we decided it wasn't worth it and took our time Friday. Got to the Hyatt at 11 or so, checked in and got to Wrigley around noon. Lines were ridiculous so we stopped at the Cubby Bear for a few and then sat at the Captain Morgan club for a few hours with a lady from LA and one from NY. Once we went in to Wrigley, I went upstairs and stood in line for about 15 mins and got the t-shirt I wanted and the shirt my wife wanted.

I'd like the Munk One poster and the Cracker Jack one, but i'll wait to see if I can get an AP copy from Munk One when he sells it, I prefer those over regular show posters anyway. The Emek and Ames don't do much for me and there's no where for me to hang 4 posters from 1 show.

It's too bad not everyone got what they wanted, but big show + big city + outside sales = flippers paradise, so it is what it is. I wasn't going to spend hours in 95+ degree heat for a poster or a shirt. If I want it that bad i'll buy it on the secondary market or from here if 10C sells them, not in any hurry for it.
    Pearl Jam: East Troy 1998, Chicago 1&2 2009, Philly 4 2009, PJ20 1&2 2011, Wrigley Field 2013, Brooklyn 1&2 2013, Moline 2014, Milwaukee 2014, Wrigley Field 1&2 2016, London 1 2018, Wrigley 1, 2018

EV Solo: Milwaukee 2008, Chicago 1 2009, Seattle 2 2009. Ft Lauderdale 2 2012
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Yeah shetellsherself and her brother were in their line at least five hours she said!! That was just nuts!!

Yes it's sad but true. We waited 5 hours. We had heard that they might try to open the tent early so we lined up early. Well it didn't open until 12:00. By the time we got to the front we waited 3 more hours. My brother and I were having a conversation about old family memories and laughing about how it's possible to have turned out so normal after that crazy up bringing. Then we turned to each other and I think thought simultaneously .... Wait we are standing in this line for 5 freaking hours, how is that normal?? :lol: We were right by the fire station and the hydrant was opened which was welcome relief and plenty of "ice cold water" for $4 each. I wish the shirt I wanted wasn't sold out by the time I got there but I got my second choice. I can buy the one I want elsewhere right now for the bargain price of $125 :fp: Honestly except for getting that particular shirt, I wouldn't change a thing. We had a blast meeting people and suffering together for the sake of our love of pj.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    Remember the hoodie that Erin had her eye on when we ran into you Friday morning? She got it. We stopped at the tent on the field after the show and she bought it there. Waited maybe 2 minutes.

I got a setlist t-shirt and some stickers at the trailer that was parked along Clark Street after we walked outside -- another 2-minute wait.
    I ended up with the "Generic" black shirt...
    Pearl Jam with the lightening bolt.
    Kathy got the Blue Pearl Jam/Wrigley Field shirt.
    We were both happy, and only had to wait 15 minutes.
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832

Exactly.

With age comes wisdom, right?

;)

Well, then I should be a genius!

:P

If I had known then what I know now, I'd not have waited 5 hours for a couple of posters & shirts. Live & learn!
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,588
    I only waited in line about 30 minutes on Friday afternoon around 4:30. By the time I got up there they were out of most of the shirts and the cracker jack poster. After we got a few things, I looked up and saw a merch stand in the stadium! I wish I saw that earlier because we went into the stadium when the gates opened and they had 3 stands in right in sight with all of the merchandise. I don't feel like I wasted too much time but it would have been nice to know that they had stands set up inside so people with tickets didn't have to stand outside all day.
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Bought 10 packs of cards and got 2 sets of the 4 posters
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,907
    Didn't bother standing in line at the hotel shop or outside the stadium. I wanted the posters and a shirt, but not worth 5+ hours of our time. We went into the Captain Morgan Club about 5 min before they opened the doors not realizing that we would be able to enter the stadium from there. Once we got inside the stadium, there was a small room nearby that was a Cubs gear shop that they had merch in and there was no line. Walked in, got 1 each of the 3 posters they had and a shirt, and walked out in under 5 minutes time. Line was crazy there too by the time I got out though, because the word got out.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Cav got in line on Friday when I picked up my tickets. I got my tickets within minutes and then we decided to just kick merch. I really liked that blue sweater, but who knows, maybe it will show up here or there or whatever. I don't NEED it.

As for the poster, this is going to be the "show where we didn't get the poster". A fellow tenclubber hit us up with some bumper stickers, which is very nice. We got Cav one of the black shirts. But that is it. Somehow I needed that slap on the head. Merch is nice to have, but I tend to overreact on it :oops: :P
  • Options
    Unless Michelangelo comes back from the dead and does a print I'm not waiting more than 20 mins to get a poster.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Be nice if you WON the lottery if you could log into the goods section for that specific concert and buy location specific merchandise up to a certain date.

Obviously some limitations to that, such as..what if I wait to buy it online and it sells out...just like at the arena...but if they made a certain number of merch to match the lotto tix for that date, they'd have enough to cover those who made it and any leftovers they could sell on the site.

Essentially, send out a note the day of the show with the merch for that day that is location specific...and say..hey..don't bother queuing up for it, you can buy it online the day after and are sure to get one and then have a batch of them for sale at the location for other attendees where you do have to queue up for it.

Those are the ones I care about usually so I'd definitely wait til I got home to order ;-)
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Unless Michelangelo comes back from the dead and does a print I'm not waiting more than 20 mins to get a poster.

This is my mantra from now on.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    6 hours total, watched what I was waiting for run out literally the person in front of me both times.

the third time I paid the people in front of me 10 bucks to buy the last damn flag I was waiting for for my buddy who got me the tix. Watching the stacks just fade away to couples buying 4 at a time was just awful.

bring back the damn presale already